CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I meant movies and shows, which is what LEGO Marvel has been completely based on up until this point.

With the sole exception of the Wolverine set.

-Omi

It's also interesting you think the gold on the Iron Man helmet is different? If you have the Avengers Iron Man it would be really nice to see a comparison picture :blush: Either way nice video!

Thanks! It is actually a very slight lighter gold, but I'm not sure if you can see in the picture, as I'm not the best photographer. :grin:

8531471027_697eeaa5a3.jpg

And, I've always been a sucker for the Marvel box arts, so here is all of the top right corner artwork (minus the Iron Man polybag), side art, and logos from all the sub-themes!

8532541496_d36c493963.jpg

8531431797_f232eb8c0f.jpg

8531429915_b37a65f0b1.jpg

With the sole exception of the Wolverine set.

-Omi

I thought of saying that, but then I thought it's roughly based on Origins Wolverine so its sort of a gray area in my opinion.

Thanks! It is actually a very slight lighter gold, but I'm not sure if you can see in the picture, as I'm not the best photographer. :grin:

Thanks for the picture! I was really hoping it was a different gold so its' great to hear it is! :thumbup:

Also I have thought of something dealing with the Malibu Mansion set!

I'm starting to think the suitcase might not be the Mk 5. In the extremis comics the suit Iron Man wears is also able to be folded up into a suit case. So there might be a possibility that it could be the suitcase for the Mk 42, or it could just be the Mk 5 and this was just me thinking too much into it. :grin:

Edited by Spider-Man

I thought of saying that, but then I thought it's roughly based on Origins Wolverine so its sort of a gray area in my opinion.

It isn't based on X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That movie is Fox owned, and Lego doesn't have the rights to even makes sets roughly based on the movie(s), and not to mention Wolverine doesn't wear that outfit, Deadpool doesn't even exist in that movie until the very end (and doesn't wear that outfit nor does he pilot the copter) and Magneto doesn't even make an appearence.

It is a completely original set.

-Omi

It isn't based on X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That movie is Fox owned, and Lego doesn't have the rights to even makes sets roughly based on the movie(s), and not to mention Wolverine doesn't wear that outfit, Deadpool doesn't even exist in that movie until the very end (and doesn't wear that outfit nor does he pilot the copter) and Magneto doesn't even make an appearence.

It is a completely original set.

-Omi

We will agree to disagree on that one :wink:

I was also thinking though and when the set list was first released wasn't there a "Marvel 4" set? I don't know if it was ever explained or not but it sort of gives me hope on one more Iron Man 3 set coming out. Especially after seeing the trailer we can definitely use another set with some more suits! :wub:

We will agree to disagree on that one :wink:

I don't think you can. The movie could not have had influence on the set. The legal ramifications would not allow it. :P

Plus the Wolverine figure is based on his outfit in Astonishing X-Men.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

I don't think you can. The movie could not have had influence on the set. The legal ramifications would not allow it. :P

Plus the Wolverine figure is based on his outfit in Astonishing X-Men.

-Omi

Not that it matters but this Toys R Us description shows that I am not the only one that sees it loosely tied to the movie. Also the guys from FBTB see the correlation. Now I know it's not all that credible, but there are some other people who see vague similarities between the movie and set besides me.

Edited by Spider-Man

Not that it matters but this Toys R Us description shows that I am not the only one that sees it loosely tied to the movie. Also the guys from FBTB see the correlation. Now I know it's not all that credible, but there are some other people who see vague similarities between the movie and set besides me.

TRU isn't Lego, and they don't really employ bright people. Not to mention it isn't Lego's official description, because that would get them sued big time.

Plus Magneto isn't in the movie and Deadool isn't Deadpool in the movie. :P

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Just finished building the Tumbler from 76001, and I've got to say...it's not a worthy successor to 7888. For what it is, it's a neat vehicle, however.

Oh, and I agree with Omicron. Other than having the name Wolverine in it's title, there's absolutely nothing to connect it with the movie.

Okay, I saw this dispute recently in this thread, but I'm putting it out there, as all the cards lead up to it: I REALLY think we are going to get one Thor 2 (TDW) set before the movie comes out (October 2013, or maybe September 2013, judging by all of these early set releases for movies this year). Here's why:

- This mural (I've explained it a billion times) :tongue:

- One set will make DC and Marvel have the same amount of sets for the year (I know some of you disputed this, but just keep this is mind)

- For those doubting LEGO will touch on Thor 2, why wouldn't LEGO make a set( based off a (most likely) major blockbuster movie that they have the license for?

- For those doubting an October/November 2013 release for the set, and rather thinking it will have a December 2013/January 2014 release, why would LEGO do that? It would just be a move to lose money. Putting it one or two months AFTER the movie comes out is just a dumb move.

• And, for those who bring up TDKR set in this situation, keep in mind that TDKR was released in July 2012, and the set came out nearly six months after. If LEGO put out a Thor 2 set in January 2014, it would most likely be released early in December 2013, a month after Thor 2's release, which is a dumb move (like I previously mentioned).

- For those thinking Thor 2 will get more than one set, I doubt it. It seems like there really isn't much going for the movie for the kids. And, whoever said one set for a movie is a bad thing (like TDKR set)? The decision fits perfectly, especially due to the equal amount of sets for DC and Marvel theory.

Just my two cents. :grin:

Edited by just2good

Well if you think about the TDKR release, it was actually pretty lined up with the DVD/Blu-Ray release, which could be something they do with Thor also (meaning winter wave of 2014). While it may be good to have sets come out as the movie comes out, but if it is only one set, it might fare better with a later release. Avengers sets went with the movie release because it was multiple sets.

Just speculation on my part, but I can understand the release schedule that way.

But I hope if we do get a Thor set (which I assume we would), hopefully it will have some new stuff similar to the MoS sets.

Also I have thought of something dealing with the Malibu Mansion set!

I'm starting to think the suitcase might not be the Mk 5. In the extremis comics the suit Iron Man wears is also able to be folded up into a suit case. So there might be a possibility that it could be the suitcase for the Mk 42, or it could just be the Mk 5 and this was just me thinking too much into it. :grin:

On the Amazon page for that set they describe it as the Mark 5 suitcase.

After watching the new trailer, I really wish we had gotten a larger set in the $100 range.

I am a little confused, can TLG make Marvel sets based on the comics, like for the Fantastic Four? Or only films and TV shows?

well based on one shot of the Mandarin, i can see why Lego chose the hair and beard that they did

On the Amazon page for that set they describe it as the Mark 5 suitcase.

After watching the new trailer, I really wish we had gotten a larger set in the $100 range, didn't awhile ago back someone talk about seeing a very large IM3 set?

Ah well then disregard that comment! And I also really hope there is another set as well. I said earlier on this page that maybe the "Marvel 4" set could potentially be a larger exclusive, hopefully its in the $100 range :sweet:

Edited by Spider-Man

"Marvel 4" was just the placeholder name for 76007 when set lists were initially leaked.

Not saying there couldn't be another set coming, though.

I'd be really stunned if LEGO didn't make new Killer Croc and a Man-Bat minifigs using the molds from Chima for Croc and the Monster Fighters Vampire Bat for Man-Bat. They're such...no-brainers. Already sculpted, active molds, ready to go, and perfect for both characters, depending on what they want to do with them.

Then again, I thought Green Lantern and Flash would be seen by now based on their appearances in the video game, so what do I know?

Man Bat is a surprise. The MF molds are great for him. Killer Croc would really be more or less just the printing style from Chima. In most representations he does not have the full Croc's snout. If anything they would use that croc head piece for Leatherhead over in the TMNT.

One thing that may effect the use of some of what we view as non licensed parts in licensed sets. I am beginning to more and more suspect that there are actually 3 tiers or categories of licensing. Not the two (licensed and non licensed) that we normally assume. I think there is a newer third category of "internal Lego license". Things like Ninjago, Chima and Bionacle. While an internal product, at least some character specific parts will be treated as licensed for the duration of the theme. We probably will not see any specific head pieces used cross theme in these cases.

Man Bat is a surprise. The MF molds are great for him. Killer Croc would really be more or less just the printing style from Chima. In most representations he does not have the full Croc's snout. If anything they would use that croc head piece for Leatherhead over in the TMNT.

in 2006 Lego did have a Killer Croc.

bat008.jpg

in 2006 Lego did have a Killer Croc.

snip

Whilst others say they would like a new Killer Croc (and I personally wouldn't mind one), I think that the old version is still very good. I wouldn't mind if LEGO re-released it or made a completely new one or just made one that is subtly different to the old one. I just want to see a Killer Croc.

On an unrelated note, how likely is it that we will see an exclusive set for Marvel and DC later in the year that we haven't yet heard about?

I've just thought of something, let me know what you guys think. Wouldn't it be cool if every future Batman Villain that appears in a set comes with their own mugshot piece to correspond with the AA cells. Just a thought.

I don't get TLG's logic on this, unless there are legal ramifications I don't know about. Super heros have been selling as toys for many, many years. They are loved by kids and adults. Why doesn't lego put out sets with just minifigs? Why do they think they will sell better if based on a specific movie or cartoon, instead of the original source material? Why couldn't TLG make a 'classics' line, based on Silver Age-80s looks?

I am probably missing something, but the super hero franchises are proven money makers...often by selling just the figures. Please edu-ma-cate me?

And yeah, Dustbin...that would be very cool.