CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Well, I kind of like the new suit! In terms of accuracy its not bad, at least

it has gold hands but Im not sure yet in intirely...... So whats with these

whispers of a green mystery fig?

Well, I kind of like the new suit! In terms of accuracy its not bad, at least

it has gold hands but Im not sure yet in intirely...... So whats with these

whispers of a green mystery fig?

When the gold on the suit is supposed to be tan, yeah its inaccurate. But the designer most likely only had concept arr to work off of, and the tan on that probably looked like gold.

The green figure is from Malibu Mansion set, and people are wondering who it is. Most people think it's supposed Eric Savin/ Coldblood, while other think it's Radioactive Man(based on a dumb rumor about an earlier rumor about an asian guy playing Chen Lu, when it's been confirmed he's paying Dr. Wu.) just because he's green.

When the gold on the suit is supposed to be tan, yeah its inaccurate. But the designer most likely only had concept arr to work off of, and the tan on that probably looked like gold.

I'm glad they chose to use gold rather than tan as it would lack the metallic sheen Iron Man is known for. He is Iron Man, after all. Having a flat red is bad enough, but the entire figure lacking some sort of metallization would look weird, honestly.

Also, I agree with the prototype theory, as there were a few busts designed with the normal gold and silver.

I'm glad they chose to use gold rather than tan as it would lack the metallic sheen Iron Man is known for. He is Iron Man, after all. Having a flat red is bad enough, but the entire figure lacking some sort of metallization would look weird, honestly.

Also, I agree with the prototype theory, as there were a few busts designed with the normal gold and silver.

Well they didn't think of the metallic sheen when the designed the film version of the Extremis comic suit(which is what the mark XLII is based on). I guess the designer didn't think of that, or didn't like that the newest suit is tan with little bits of red in it. The suit has a shiney tan to it , so they could have done that with the XLII.

However the suit is still partly accurate and looks cool.

Go look at another reference image, the suit isn't flat tan, it is just a light gold. That's why I prefer their use of a metallic color over tan. Light pearl gold might be a better choice though, as it is much lighter.

Edit: Okay, I missed the last part of your post. However, you have to remember that licensed sets and figures have to be reviewed by the owners before they make it onto the market-- so what you see is how Marvel wanted it.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

Go look at another reference image, the suit isn't flat tan, it is just a light gold. That's why I prefer their use of a metallic color over tan.

Ooooooh... I see it now, you're right. I always thought it was just plain tan, cuz of the lighting, but it's light gold like you said.

Ooooooh... I see it now, you're right. I always thought it was just plain tan, cuz of the lighting, but it's light gold like you said.

Still, I wonder why they didn't just use a lighter shade of gold like Light Pearl Gold? Perhaps it is out of production (?) at the moment and this is the only color they have at hand. Creating a new color for a single minifigure would be a huge pain.

I know this was discussed a ways back in this thread but I wanted to put my two cents in about the whole discussion about the piece counts/prices of the summer wave... I am certainly glad to see that there are 3 nicely priced sets for both DC and Marvel. However, I would like to see at least one or two larger sets (anywhere from $60-$120 as long as we get our moneys worth) for each film. That way TLG could satisfy more demographics... but alas, I will probably buy all 6 of the sets they're coming out with, even the DC sets.

I have to agree, some giant Marvel sets in lou of Harry Potter or Star Wars

would be awesome. Then Lego could go all out.

Also it would quiet down the complainers!

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

I have to agree, some giant Marvel sets in lou of Harry Potter or Star Wars

would be awesome. Then Lego could go all out.

Also it would quiet down the complainers!

K, i'll stop complaining. I would like a large set, like a large Helicarrier, Oscorp(of course based on Ultimate Spierman), or Stark Tower.

Yes to some more large super hero sets!!

Also, I dream about one day getting a classic IM, all decked out in flat, primary, red and yellow. Heck, give me a big, 80s, 'Secret Wars' set and I'd joypuke.

Yes to some more large super hero sets!!

Also, I dream about one day getting a classic IM, all decked out in flat, primary, red and yellow. Heck, give me a big, 80s, 'Secret Wars' set and I'd joypuke.

Secret Wars set? More like heart attack..

I wouldn't mind Iron Man in flat colors if they're to do the classic, but I doubt that will happen even if comic-based sets are made.

Green guy maybe hulk or radioactive man, just maybe she hulk. I don't know. Can't wait to buy the cheap ones as I.only save for cheap ones as I want to.get supior spidey toovas it loks good. Is there thor2 sets out later year?

That was a (very good) custom, not an official minifigure.

Thanks, I guess it was easy to mistake :classic:

Green guy maybe hulk or radioactive man, just maybe she hulk. I don't know. Can't wait to buy the cheap ones as I.only save for cheap ones as I want to.get supior spidey toovas it loks good. Is there thor2 sets out later year?

The green guy is supposed to be a male baddie. There's three main villians: The Mandarin, Aldrich Killian, and Eric Savin. We have figures confirmed for the first two, all we need is one for Savin. My guess is that's who the green guy is.

The summer sets are reallly cheap:2 $13, 2 $20 , 2 $40 sets. Cheap enough for a college kid not to go broke.

We may get a confirmation at New York next week, and i bet we are going to get Thor: The Dark World sets. Marvel needs promotional toys for kids to play with, and they're probably going to want Lego to make sets based on it. I hoping for a fig of Hopkin's Odin and Portman's Jane Foster :)

Edited by daniel gourhan22

We may get a confirmation at New York next week, and i bet we are going to get Thor: The Dark World sets.

The movie is coming out in November. They are probably doing the same as with the Hobbit December sets and show a teaser on Comic-Con San-Diego and loose no word about it on Toy Fair. Much too early for them to show them already when they are still painstakingly trying to cover up the identities of figs from Iron Man 3 sets.

The movie is coming out in November. They are probably doing the same as with the Hobbit December sets and show a teaser on Comic-Con San-Diego and loose no word about it on Toy Fair. Much too early for them to show them already when they are still painstakingly trying to cover up the identities of figs from Iron Man 3 sets.

We got a hint last year about the Hobbit sets via a sign last year, even though it didn't come out til December. And the only figs we don't are the Iron Man suit in the Extremis set and the green guy is the Malibu set.

I reckon we'll get a hint to some Thor 2 sets.

I think the criticism of the Iron Man Mk. 42 is overblown; I'm currently attempting to 3D-model a complete set of minifig Iron Men and it's actually a very nice-looking figure.

Looks like the Bruce Wayne hair.

Not the cheapest of hair pieces on the secondary market. Zod having it in a cheap set is sweet for purist custom fans, as it is a versatile look.