CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

TLG is making the worst of the super hero line(s) and seem as if they are trying to alienate their everyday customer. The con exclusives aren't bringing new buyers into the fold, and if they are, the number is miniscule. In the meantime, the vast majority of the actual LEGO collectors must sit on the sidelines, feeling as if they have missed out (and we have!!). TLG's missteps are on many levels.:

1. 4 exclusives at one con? Dumb. Maaaybe two, I could understand...but four?!?

2. Con exclusives should only ever be variations of the main heros/villians. If they did an iota of research, TLG would see there are a metric SH-ton of collectors, with money, waiting for these "secondary" characters.

3. 95% of the builds from the super hero line are bunk. Where are our secret lairs? Our scenery to battle in? No, we get ugly boats and trikes. Yip-dee-doo. I am probably going to start B'linking the individual minis from now on, as the sets have lacked any imagination or style. Why waste my money, time and storage?

I seriously cannot understand why TLG can't get with the program. Last year, when I began collecting again, I was so excited for the super hero line. TLG has managed to disappoint again. They have an easy money maker, right in their hands, and we get to watch them fumble around with it. Good times.

I hope lego dwelves more into the comic realm and we get an uncanny x-force some time. TBH i just hope the line goes as much as star wars. As for the covers there is a hawkeye one, a nova one, a hulk one, a spidey one, an avengers one and another wolverine.

Yeah I hope so too! Marvel is such a deep universe that there really are endless possibilities! As for the covers, after looking at them I am glad they all appear to be pretty close (if not spot on) to looking like their minifigure counterpart. I'm going to start crossing my fingers now for a Wolverine mask at some point because it just looks way too awesome!

Still doesn't take away from what you said that Lego wouldn't just make a one off fig for a movie when they can make sets, when they did just exactly that with the Green Lantern figure. The same could happen with ASM, since Lego would have to stop doing sets on Ultimate Spiderman.

-Omi

Green lantern sets did not have a movie franchise to support them. Spiderman on the other hand has an upcoming movie with a lot of fan support. The GL movie was an embarrassment. I'm just saying tactically it would be foolish for Lego to get license rights for the new Spidey movie and only make one one off figure from such a moneymaking confirmed franchise without making at least one set. they may have done this with lantern but the hopes of a movie franchise collapsed around dc so it would have been not a good idea to make sets based on green lantern alone due to the failure of the franchise and lack of media representation at the time. Lego rightly pulled out but decided just to give the lantern from the movie away so at least some people would get them. Spiderman is so popular amongst children especially that the movie will most likely succeed even if older fans don't like it. In this scenario Lego are insured that making asm sets would be a good decision due to the popularity of the character. They wouldn't necessarily have to stop making usm sets to make asm as I'd say that we'll probably only get one or two next year and then they movies will take precedence. besides Disney is in control of both lines. Asm is their merch line as is usm.

TLG is making the worst of the super hero line(s) and seem as if they are trying to alienate their everyday customer. The con exclusives aren't bringing new buyers into the fold, and if they are, the number is miniscule. In the meantime, the vast majority of the actual LEGO collectors must sit on the sidelines, feeling as if they have missed out (and we have!!). TLG's missteps are on many levels.:

1. 4 exclusives at one con? Dumb. Maaaybe two, I could understand...but four?!?

2. Con exclusives should only ever be variations of the main heros/villians. If they did an iota of research, TLG would see there are a metric SH-ton of collectors, with money, waiting for these "secondary" characters.

3. 95% of the builds from the super hero line are bunk. Where are our secret lairs? Our scenery to battle in? No, we get ugly boats and trikes. Yip-dee-doo. I am probably going to start B'linking the individual minis from now on, as the sets have lacked any imagination or style. Why waste my money, time and storage?

I seriously cannot understand why TLG can't get with the program. Last year, when I began collecting again, I was so excited for the super hero line. TLG has managed to disappoint again. They have an easy money maker, right in their hands, and we get to watch them fumble around with it. Good times.

I completely agree. I mean, the only good superhero sets are the batcave, Arkham and maybe th efunhouse. The rest are crap. Where is my avengers tower? My mandarin's lair? The malibu mansion was nothing like tony's armory. I just want some scenery and not more ugly vehicles.

Green lantern sets did not have a movie franchise to support them.

What you talking about? There was a Green Lantern movie, and Lego could have made a GL set from the movie (albiet late), just like they did with the TDKR set that came out long after the movie was released. And regardless of whether the movie was a flop or not, you can clearly tell people still wanted sets cuz of all the rage is seething that came from the exclusive GL figure.

The Spiderman figure doesn't confirm anything for next year. We don't even know that it is a figure for ASM or not because official sources have not clarified that and we are only going by what the fans here are saying. It could just be a really nicely detailed Spiderman. Because if that was the case, then where are my more X-Men sets? Where are my Shazam sets? I hope to see my Spiderwoman sets.

-Omi

Yeah I hope so too! Marvel is such a deep universe that there really are endless possibilities! As for the covers, after looking at them I am glad they all appear to be pretty close (if not spot on) to looking like their minifigure counterpart. I'm going to start crossing my fingers now for a Wolverine mask at some point because it just looks way too awesome!

I just hope they start releasing some proper sets and not more crappy vehicles. I want to see the x-mansion and the danger room. The ideal x-force box set would include:

wolvie,dp, psylocke,fantomex, archangel and apocalypse. Add a genetic like chamber or laboratory with 500-600 pieces and you're golden.

Edited by Darthkostis

I agree the set is way overpriced but I have seen it hundred of times on sale or £40 or sometimes less, I was not going to get the set originally so i did a trade to get big hulk and then got the set on sale. So now I have two hulks :laugh: .

Don't want to go away from the point but if you do want one my big hulk is for sale :grin: Anyway hopefully we will see another hulk one day, Maybe even a purple panted one?

Edited by legofreak86

I really hope they don't make having a Spider-Man related fig a yearly thing or my hard earned money will start hating me :cry_sad:

Marvel comic cover lego version, Masked wolverine, the mask looks good. This confirms absolutley NOTHING, but it looks cool and we can dream! Wolverine is proapbly popular enough for lego to give his 2. minifigure appearance in a set an upgraded version.

Sounds like something LEGO would do.

Step 1: Release Wolverine without mask

Step 2: Release Wolverine in another set years later with mask

Step 3: PROFIT!!!

But if the talks about S@H exclusive X-Men set are true he will probably don´t get a mask since they don´t make new molds for those sets.

Still doesn't take away from what you said that Lego wouldn't just make a one off fig for a movie when they can make sets, when they did just exactly that with the Green Lantern figure. The same could happen with ASM, since Lego would have to stop doing sets on Ultimate Spiderman.

-Omi

USM and ASM would affect sales the same way Clone Wars affects Star Wars: Nothing at all.

But I can see LEGO canceling USM in favor of ASM if they still have to work with those tiny set waves. ASM would probably more viable since the movie only takes a week at most to get in the cinemas of other countries while the show has a delay of an entire year.

What you talking about? There was a Green Lantern movie, and Lego could have made a GL set from the movie (albiet late), just like they did with the TDKR set that came out long after the movie was released. And regardless of whether the movie was a flop or not, you can clearly tell people still wanted sets cuz of all the rage is seething that came from the exclusive GL figure.

1. The GL movie was so bad it made every toy makers cancel their GL related lines, even lines for GLTAS, the show that was in a completely different canon, had a strong fanbase and did well in its airings.

2. TDKR was a guaranteed money maker regardless of the actual quality of the movie while GL was a new, daring (and depending on how far in advance LEGO planned their products and exclusive figs) and unpopular film which makes their plan understandable.

3. The GL fig came out in the same summer the movie was released, the ASM fig is coming out a year before the movie is released, you can´t compare this situation with GL.

4. People like ASM and don´t like GL.

5. I think only people were pissed off about it that didn´t realize it was only the movie GL. Until a few months ago I also thought the Comic-Con fig and the one from LEGO Batman 2 were the same.

The Spiderman figure doesn't confirm anything for next year. We don't even know that it is a figure for ASM or not because official sources have not clarified that and we are only going by what the fans here are saying. It could just be a really nicely detailed Spiderman. Because if that was the case, then where are my more X-Men sets? Where are my Shazam sets? I hope to see my Spiderwoman sets.

Basketball texture, eyes, spider-logo and everything else lines up with the ASM2 costume. It´s a sure thing it´s ASM, the whole Basketball texture thing began with him and MOS.

3. The GL fig came out in the same summer the movie was released, the ASM fig is coming out a year before the movie is released, you can´t compare this situation with GL.

I just did.

Basketball texture, eyes, spider-logo and everything else lines up with the ASM2 costume.

The Raimi Spiderman movies had the basketbal texture too. Juss sayin.

And a Spider logo? You don't say....... Guess having a spider logo sets it apart from the many suits Spiderman has had.

-Omi

Ehh. DC has boring figs, not a Supes fan and I don't really know who Green Arrow is. Or Spider-Woman. But seriously? ANOTHER exclusive Spidey? Put these guys in sets! (Actually the Spidey might be in ASM 2 sets if we get zem.)

I just did.

The Raimi Spiderman movies had the basketbal texture too. Juss sayin.

And a Spider logo? You don't say....... Guess having a spider logo sets it apart from the many suits Spiderman has had.

-Omi

He meant the shape of it. I have a photo of the asm 2 Spidey that pretty much clinches it! : http://www.fandompost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ASM-2.jpg

-Omi

Green lanter fig came out after the movie didn't it? with ASM the fact that its somewhat involving a 3rd party (sony) makes it seem like it should be more than just a one off fig.

Thers also the fact that there doesent seem to be a LONE RANGER type film of next eyar lego will make sets for. making space for ASM perhaps.

It'll be interesting to see what happens tho. If that simpsons deal happened, would comic con be a good week to annoucne that?

Thers also the fact that there doesent seem to be a LONE RANGER type film of next eyar lego will make sets for. making space for ASM perhaps.

Lone Ranger isn't a Hero theme so it won't take away from anything, nor does it open any slots.

-Omi

Ollie doesn't look that great, in my opinion. So I guess I can get over not having him.

Comic Con seems to be having a lot of Black Suit MOS Superman this year. There's also supposed to be an expensive variant MOS Superman statue with him in the black suit and I think a couple obscure toys that DC has a license with with that outfit.

I don't really recognize that Spiderman, but that Spiderwoman looks kinda cool.

I think this is the first time I've felt true apathy towards exclusives.

How about instead of arguing about whether the CC Spidey indicates a new ASM line, we wait to see what TLG announces? There's no need for arguments to get heated.

I'm not as fussed about the exclusives this year as I was in past years. It's sad that they chose to waste an excellent version of Green Arrow this way but really he's not that hard to make a custom of. I was never a fan of Spider Woman so she's not on my list of must haves. I don't need a zillion copies of Spidey or an alternate Superman either.

I do hope they reveal something for DC beyond just Batman, even if its only the bat family like Batgirl (instant buy, maybe one for my daughter as well depending on price) or Nightwing.

Give us the Justice League, TLG. It has been long enough.

Just because LEGO has the rights to ASM series doesn't mean they have to cancel the USM sets.

They need Spidey in almost every wave, and the next two ASM movies won't be around til 2016 and 2018 respectfully.

And we really need more Spidey villains and the remaining heroes on his team White Tiger and Power Man

Just because LEGO has the rights to ASM series doesn't mean they have to cancel the USM sets.

It's moreso a matter of balance. Otherwise all the Marvel sets would just be Spiderman for that year.

-Omi

I don't like the idea of multiple exclusives that I can't attain (coming from a figure collector); however, after re-looking at these figures multiple times, I'm not as upset about them as I was initially. If they were all in sets, I'd take every last one of them. But I don't think I'll go out of my way for any of these particular figures. I think the Spider-man suit looks way better than what we have, but at the same time, we already have one, so for someone who really isn't into Spider-man, I'm not too fussed about not getting another version of him. As far as Green Arrow, that isn't how I would have pictured him anyway, so I'm not drooling over him. Which, as others have stated, it is a different version of him, so maybe they would still release one of him in a later set. I picture more a cross between the CMF Robin Hood and one of the Warriors Three from Thor..

I am hoping for Batgirl also. I will definitely pick up two (one for me, one for my daughter since that is all she asks about). I'd love a Supergirl also, but who knows. I love Batman and since I missed out on the original wave, I'd love to get the updated figures of all the villains, but I am also hoping for more variety in the Super Hero world for this next year.

Granted, I had never heard of Beetle or Nova or Iron Fist, so maybe variety means nothing to me after all. I mostly just wanted Doom and now I want a F4 set and more X-Men if possible.

And it begins. Figures on ebay. Spiderman is going for nearly $1300 while the rest are $500.

-Omi

And it begins. Figures on ebay. Spiderman is going for nearly $1300 while the rest are $500.

-Omi

Ridiculous, there's a special place in hell for people who charge that much.

Ridiculous, there's a special place in hell for people who charge that much.

Oh stop it, If people want to spend that money on it let them.

The people who organize and buy up convention exclusive action figures etc. and then sell of huge stocks off it at redicuolus prices are more of an issue. with the lego figs it's the luck of the draw weater they get one or not.

That said, people who already have the lego figs propably didn't go through the most llegal ways of getting and has less rights to sell them than people who wait in line for one at comic con. Atleast that's what i think.

At the end of the day they can only sell it for wht people will pay. Lego figs from sets are also selling for more than their worth.