CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I'm satisfied. :thumbup:

Green Arrow is the only one out of the four that I really want, but I don't feel that this cancels him out later. There are several other characters I would like to have before him anyway, like Flash and Martian Manhunter. I like most of the minifigure, but the smirk feels a little off. I bet he has another expression though, most of the CC figures that can have so far.

That Spider-Man figure is great though, it blows the one we got last year out of the water. Though, just because I already have a Spidey figure, I don't feel cheated at all. I do hope that we get an ASM2 set now though, even if the colors are changed a bit like the Nolanverse Batman, it is still a fantastic figure. :wub:

The black Superman and Spider-Woman don't interest me whatsoever. The black Superman is useless (but I do think it was a good choice for a CC exclusive) and I know nothing about Spider-Woman other than her costume looks like, which I find kind of ugly, to be honest.

I'm looking forward to the unveiling in a few days. :sweet:

I hate TLG... Still waiting for Shazam, Bizarro, Jean Grey into sets.

I take that back, reading the fine print on the Usa article I found this:

The LEGO booth will have a superhero presence as well as toy displays

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY!!!!

Edited by eldiano

Sorry for the rant, but it's disappointing to see that TLG doesn't seem to have listened to the response to the previous exclusives at all. :sadnew:

No, I completely agree. It's frustrating that so many fantastic characters are released as unattainable exclusives. It's very disheartening as a fan. One exclusive minifigs I could understand...but four?! It's tough to stomach.

It's frustrating that so many fantastic characters are released as unattainable exclusives.

I understand how it is frustrating, but if this is the only way for these characters to be made then I would rather have it this way then not have them at all because this way they aren't unattainable. I know the prices are astronomically high for a piece of plastic, but if it is something you want and can figure out the way to get the funds for it then are ways to get them.

Edit: I know there are going to be people who don't agree with me, and everyone is definitely entitled to their opinions, but this is just my opinion on the subject.

Edited by Spider-Man

I understand how it is frustrating, but if this is the only way for these characters to be made then I would rather have it this way then not have them at all because this way they aren't unattainable. I know the prices are astronomically high for a piece of plastic, but if it is something you want and can figure out the way to get the funds for it then are ways to get them.

Edit: I know there are going to be people who don't agree with me, and everyone is definitely entitled to their opinions, but this is just my opinion on the subject.

But this isn't the only way we can get these. They could easily throw these in any set in place of some generic security guard or a character that appears in multiple sets.

I'm in the camp that prefers the fig was never made if it means I won't have a real chance to get it,right now there are 4 Bizarros on Bricklink and they are all around $300.00 USD,I would never pay that much for a tiny piece of plastic,FU TLG!

But this isn't the only way we can get these. They could easily throw these in any set in place of some generic security guard or a character that appears in multiple sets.

But we have seen that this isn't how TLG is handling these licenses. I know we all wish they would just give us max amounts of unique minifigures in every set, or maybe just a bunch of $10 sets with a hero and their most notable villain, but that's just not what TLG is going to do.

I don't see why we would get sets based on GOTG. The movie will most likely do well as its tied in with the Avengers. Many people know who they are despite what many people are saying, there is a large fan base.

It's exactly like Doctor Strange, Ant man and Black Panther. Just because they are not mainstream characters doesn't mean that they won't get the LEGO treatment. Before 2008 not many people would have know about Iron man, Captain America and Thor. Now they are the Marvel poster boys.

GotG will see sets for one very simple reason. (And the same reason we see so many Batman sets). GotG is a Space Opera. At its heart it is a Spaceships and vehicles kinda thing. It's Star Wars meets Super Heros. Which if successful will play very well to Lego's strengths.

Right now the single problem that the Superhero line has outside of Batman, is it is almost totally based around figs. Most of the sets feel kind of lacking. There is no real swoosh ability factor. I think the recent Iron Man sets are the worst for this. Boat? Fiery Golf Cart of Doom? It all feels like filler. GotG can actually give us some real ships vehicles and settings to go along with the spandex. Just the thought of a System scale Nova Cruiser is drool worthy. Or how about a Knowhere play set? A base of operations built in the severed head of a giant space god? Now that would be different.

GotG will see sets for one very simple reason. (And the same reason we see so many Batman sets). GotG is a Space Opera. At its heart it is a Spaceships and vehicles kinda thing. It's Star Wars meets Super Heros. Which if successful will play very well to Lego's strengths.

Right now the single problem that the Superhero line has outside of Batman, is it is almost totally based around figs. Most of the sets feel kind of lacking. There is no real swoosh ability factor. I think the recent Iron Man sets are the worst for this. Boat? Fiery Golf Cart of Doom? It all feels like filler. GotG can actually give us some real ships vehicles and settings to go along with the spandex. Just the thought of a System scale Nova Cruiser is drool worthy. Or how about a Knowhere play set? A base of operations built in the severed head of a giant space god? Now that would be different.

That's a problem i have with the superhero sets as well. The DC ones are a bit better but the Marvel sets are totally centered around the figs. Why can't we get a Stark Tower instead of that awful Loki's breakout set? I'll say it again, i'd love to see the modular building inserted into some licenced themes. Imagine a modular Wayne Manor or Daily Planet, or Daily Bugle. Hell, a modular Asgard Palace or Avengers Tower would be awesome! As for GotG they will be filled with cool spaceships and all that so they will sell. I would like to see a set based on the Universal Church Of Truth or Knowhere.

While the exclusives aren't quite as bad this year. I'm still heartbroken to see they are still doing this crp. Spider-Man and Superman are perfect examples of good show exclusive Minifigs. The exclusivity is to the outfit or design. That's fair. We can live with costume variants. But Green Arrow and Spider Woman are character exclusives. Those really are an obscene gesture to the fans and best customers from the event marketing department. "See these favorite characters of yours You're not special enough to ever see them."

And what ever happened to the Green Lantern sets? Or the Shazam sets?

Plus the DKR Batman was way different than the one released with the TDKR set.

-Omi

Lego wouldn't just get the construction set rights to make one one off giveaway figure. It would be a a waste of their time and money to make a one off figure after been given the right to make sets about the film. Plus the film is highly anticipated there HAS to be a construction range to accompany it it is part of the merchandise that is made for Spiderman movies. Last year it was mega bloks. Next year its lego's turn :devil: . Mark me words the probability of asm2 sets whether there be one or more is likely. Lego wouldn't waste such a licensing opportunity on one figure.

ah bummer, I really was hoping for a Green Arrow in one of the new sets. Well I'm willing to bet some money that they show us Batgirl, Croc & Nightwing. But still that's one missing member of the Justice League. I'm just happy they didn't opt for The Flash.

ah bummer, I really was hoping for a Green Arrow in one of the new sets. Well I'm willing to bet some money that they show us Batgirl, Croc & Nightwing. But still that's one missing member of the Justice League. I'm just happy they didn't opt for The Flash.

I was hoping for Steven ammell's arrow then again we could still get a TV show based one in the winter figures and sets. Too right hopefully flash and lantern are Dc 2014 ones even if they are only in sets with bats. Edited by legofreak86

Marvel comic cover lego version, Masked wolverine, the mask looks good. This confirms absolutley NOTHING, but it looks cool and we can dream! Wolverine is proapbly popular enough for lego to give his 2. minifigure appearance in a set an upgraded version.

AstonishingX-Men3Cover-LegoHomage.jpg?1373660606

It looks good but it'd be better with a batman style head.

Yeah I agree completely. The mask itself looks awesome! I would love if they actually made it like that one day. I would be interested to know if the comic book artists were allowed to use their artistic interpretation to make the characters into LEGO, or if the LEGO designers made the drawings and told the comic people what to do with it.

Yeah I agree completely. The mask itself looks awesome! I would love if they actually made it like that one day. I would be interested to know if the comic book artists were allowed to use their artistic interpretation to make the characters into LEGO, or if the LEGO designers made the drawings and told the comic people what to do with it.

The lego covers are "copies" of old marvel covers, I would think lego/marvel collaboared on wich covers to remake as lego.

The lego covers are "copies" of old marvel covers, I would think lego/marvel collaboared on wich covers to remake as lego.

I guess that still leaves some hope then that LEGO might have that mask in future sets! Thanks for posting the cover, I can't wait to see all the rest!

I guess that still leaves some hope then that LEGO might have that mask in future sets! Thanks for posting the cover, I can't wait to see all the rest!

Theres alot of them posted online already just google, I just posted the wolverine here cause he looked ace with that mask.

I hope lego dwelves more into the comic realm and we get an uncanny x-force some time. TBH i just hope the line goes as much as star wars. As for the covers there is a hawkeye one, a nova one, a hulk one, a spidey one, an avengers one and another wolverine.

Edited by Darthkostis

Just plain WRONG that TLG does this with Green Arrow!! BOOOOOO LEGO

First Ol' Oliver is snubbed from the DC video game, now he's released as an all but impossible exclusive fig?? That's weak, Lego, real weak. The only way to fix this is to give him to us in another set, perhaps in his classic costume. Make it right!

Lego wouldn't just get the construction set rights to make one one off giveaway figure. It would be a a waste of their time and money to make a one off figure after been given the right to make sets about the film.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened. Considering Lego has access to whatever DC material they pretty much what to make into Lego, and even though Green Lantern dropped the ball as a movie, Lego also dropped the ball with making more sets to go with/long it, since they only made one set other than the figure.

And in regards to the super awesome Wolverine picture, if Lego doesn't get around to them, you can always get these. And it looks lovely.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened. Considering Lego has access to whatever DC material they pretty much what to make into Lego, and even though Green Lantern dropped the ball as a movie, Lego also dropped the ball with making more sets to go with/long it, since they only made one set other than the figure.

And in regards to the super awesome Wolverine picture, if Lego doesn't get around to them, you can always get these. And it looks lovely.

-Omi

I still think due to the merch deal and popularity of the asm movies that Lego will be making sets. I hope they do anyway. On another topic I can't wait to see what they unveil for 2014 winter figure wise at comic con. I know I will be watching the Lego news sites this week very closely indeed. Yet another topic I found a doc ock figure from the Spider man 2 line on eBay buy it now for a decent price should Not sure whether I should pull the trigger on it. it is immaculate condition despite being used they assure. Any opinions?

-Omi

lantern comic version from Lego batman the movie could still appear in 2014. There's no telling whether it will but I'd say if they wanted another superhero cameo in a batman set Lego would probably pick lantern and/or flash as they've done aqua man and the videogame designs for those two are probably easy to reuse especially as it appears they are trying more leg printing this year. Plus flash and green lantern are quite popular and well known certainly to kids. Sets that included either one of them would be very popular I'd say!

Edited by legofreak86

Still doesn't take away from what you said that Lego wouldn't just make a one off fig for a movie when they can make sets, when they did just exactly that with the Green Lantern figure. The same could happen with ASM, since Lego would have to stop doing sets on Ultimate Spiderman.

-Omi