CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Wow, that looks amazing. I love the look for Asgard. And is Mark 1 Tony standing in (a very sandy) Grand Central Station? Sure looks it. I love seeing real-life places rendered in Lego!

They made it sound like New York is an open world and act as a hub like "gotham city". I am still undecided on which console to get the game, on one hand the ps3 to use with my home theater or my pc which can render gorgeous graphics so I don't know... I want that Iron Patriot, but I am crossing my fingers that we will see more sets by the end of the year...

I'd just like high resolution screen shots of all the characters and vehicles. Including background ones.

Lego doesn't seem to do stuff based off of video games or Live Action TV shows,

Minecraft, Force Unleashed, Old Republic......

-Omi

-Omi

I think he meant that LEGO doesn't make sets off their own LEGO Video games.

I think he meant that LEGO doesn't make sets off their own LEGO Video games.

Black Pearl? :P

But in the context and the post he was responding to, I doubt it was that.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

if you preorder it for the XBOX 360 which I hope is a mistake, since it is kinda unfair for non-Xbox owners, a category, that includes me. :(

That´s usual business in Germany. LEGO Batman 2 and LOTR had their figs exclusive to a collectors edition only available at Amazon.de and only for the PS3.

I like it because now I am not excluded from the fig but I still would have preferred that everyone gets him and that I don´t have to pay full price for a LEGO game again.

Or that the fig would have been in a regular set in the first place.

True words. Saw that too and when I realized that the promo only counts for the 360 version, I came to realize a bad marketing move again.

I have no single console, only a PC, I'm not someone who likes to spend 50 bucks on a game I can't play just to get a minifigure and then sell the game.

I still have to get all other game-exclusive minifigures (Lex from Batman 2, Elrond from LotR, Chase McCain from LCU) and now the Iron Patriot, too (who is going to be sold at stupid prices, because it is going to land in hands of overpricing ... [enter a fitting word here]).

I got my Lex for 12€ on Ebay a few weeks ago. Still feel dirty about paying that much for a fig but better than nothing I guess.

-Omi

I think video game toys depend on the licenseholder / licensed title / etc.

That they allowed Robin could either mean that they aren´t opposed to game figs but it can also mean that they don´t care about how LEGO uses the pieces, since the Robin torso clearly isn´t Arkham City based and would be more in line with DCAU Tim Drake Robin.

The Flying Dutchman? :P

Doesn´t exist. There is a myth that LEGO designed a Flying Dutchman for POTC and cancelled it but the pics were all from a MOC someone made and the Flying Dutchman set was actually from the Spongebob line the whole time and got released.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Doesn´t exist. There is a myth that LEGO designed a Flying Dutchman for POTC and cancelled it but the pics were all from a MOC someone made and the Flying Dutchman set was actually from the Spongebob line the whole time and got released.

My bad, I meant the Black Pearl. :P

Set came after the game and featured fig designs from the game (Davy Jones, Bootstrap, and Maccus)

That they allowed Robin could either mean that they aren´t opposed to game figs but it can also mean that they don´t care about how LEGO uses the pieces, since the Robin torso clearly isn´t Arkham City based and would be more in line with DCAU Tim Drake Robin.

errrr which Robin fig you talking about?

All Robin designs take their inspiration from the comics.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

I hate to jump in so abruptly: but are there any rumours, confirmed or otherwise, as to any future Batman sets?

I hate to jump in so abruptly: but are there any rumours, confirmed or otherwise, as to any future Batman sets?

Nope, just the stuff about future X-Men/Iron Man 3 stuff.

Hopefully some obscure characters I don't care about,still pissed about Bizarro!

I think it would be best to not have any new characters at all--even if they were obscure ones. These give aways should only be variations of characters we already have, so as to anger the least amount of people, while still giving the people who attend the events something special.

Give them a damn 2x4 brick that says Comic-Con 2013.

Or Tony with a torso saying "I <3 SDCC". :laugh:

Actually, the more I think about it, they will do something like that. The Toy Fair this year only had the Yoda Chronicles display, and no "exclusive" figures. To promote the new Marvel game, they might just put Iron Patriot in some small set.

Edited by just2good

Exactly, both of those would be awesome. They would get something special, unique and everyone else wouldn't miss out on an essential character.

Here the new Lego Man of Steel poster

image links to HR version +2000.pxl

lego_man_of_steel_poster_1000.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Thanks for the new poster image, GRogall!

I think it would be best to not have any new characters at all--even if they were obscure ones. These give aways should only be variations of characters we already have, so as to anger the least amount of people, while still giving the people who attend the events something special.

How about TLG only offers convention “preview” minifigures rather than convention “exclusive” ones. What I mean is that the convention preview MF will be included in an upcoming set either that year or the following year. TLG has done this in the past for at least two IP’s:

*DC Super Heroes: Superman MF

-Convention MF Image: http://www.brickset....Set=COMCON017-1

*The Hobbit: Bilbo MF

-Convention MF Image: http://www.brickset....il/?Set=Bilbo-1

This would be great for both minifigure fans and TLG. If you’re a fan (young or old), and you get one of these at a convention, that’s a great free preview, and it has some nice convention-exclusive packaging! If you miss out because it’s a raffle system, or can’t make the travel arrangements work, at least you’ll be able to get the MF in a future set. For Lego, this saves them design time and money. They’re not spending extra resources to design a one-off promotional item, but instead using MF prints and parts that they’re already using for a sellable product.

If I was TLG, however, I’d be sure to make the preview minifigure part of a set that comes with other desirable MF’s (like how the above Superman came with Lex and Wonder Woman). Otherwise there will be some consumers that pass on the set because they already have the minifigure.

I picked up the ‘Man of Steel’ Battle of Smallville set, and had a great time building the models and minifigures! If you’re a fan of the ‘Lego Batman’ movie or 'Lego Batman 2' video game, the drop ship works well for a Lex Luthor vehicle – in the movie and game, Lex had two black/dark grey vehicles, both of which feature green/trans-green highlights (like the BOS drop ship).

Edited by phanstasm

Thanks for the poster. I love seeing these. Will it be available anywhere?

I luckily was able to get a few of the Iron Man 3 posters at the LEGO store a few weeks ago, but I won't be near one for quite some time.