CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

There doesn't seem to be much chatter about the Clark Kent minifig,is this the wrong forum for it or have most of you guys not gotten it yet?

I for one just don't think it is all that appealing. No back printing and only a one sided head. I don't see myself picking this one up.

I for one just don't think it is all that appealing. No back printing and only a one sided head. I don't see myself picking this one up.

It's not that does it for me, bizarrely it's the ripped shirt that makes me dislike it. Would have preferred a standard suited Clark, maybe a printed Planet press pass on him. But meh.

There doesn't seem to be much chatter about the Clark Kent minifig,is this the wrong forum for it or have most of you guys not gotten it yet?

It's just not that exciting. I mean the head is nice and gives us a Clark Kent head, a must have for any Superman fan. But the torso is useless considering it depicts something that is literally a second of screen time. Even worse we really don't have a normal suit that matches that torso, so in order to have just a normal Clark Kent you have to use an entirely different suit. And personally I would have rather have a minifigure that depicts a character as seen in the film it comes with.

For me a side character like Vicki Vale or commissioner Gordon would have been a lot better (We just don't have enough civilian minifigures).

Well, we already have a Gordon figure from the latest Batman set. Yes, he is in SWAT attire, but it is still Gordon, so you can switch him to a different suit if need be.

As far as the Kent figure, I actually really like it. I display my figures together, so I don't need back printing. And the shirt being ripped is the appeal to me. I don't need another plain suit with a Clark Kent head. The fact that it shows it is Superman underneath is the appeal of it.

I like the Clark Kent figure, too. I used the Clark head and put it on an older blue suit figure and used an extra Superman's hair to make him look as close to the character in the movie/video game as I could. It's nice to have a Clark Kent with Lois Lane and some of the other civilian minifigs. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of Clark's glasses being colored in - glad that Commissioner Gordon's were not (despite the fact that I like The Penguin's colored in monocle).

I do like the colored in glasses. Personally the extra bit of color really makes it pop. I'm still hoping we get a Lois Lane like the one in the game. The Amy Adams one was disappointing to say the least.

Hopefully we get a Daily Planet set in the future. After all we got the Daily Bugle, it seems logical DC should get it's resident newspaper made into a set as well. Plus we haven't gotten that many buildings/landmarks from the DC world that aren't Gotham related, so I'd think they'd start branching out at some point.

Can you take that hair off? I might buy this and just replace the hair since it's got an uggo hole.

Does that hair come in another set?

EDIT: That hair seems to be quite common. I can get one for like 15 cents.

Now I've never bought a keychain but can that hair come off without damaging anything?

Edited by BrickG

There's a tutorial on keychain removal in the "Website and Forums" board, in the "Tutorials" pinned topic. If I didn't get the Hulk before, it would be easy to give him the hair. I've got quite a few Harry Potters lying around.

New face? I don't remember my promo minifig having that expression?!

It was the opposite side of the advertised face. Basically, the figure had a double-sided face. :tongue:

Yep, Hulky's got a mildly angry face and a "HULK SMASH!" face. I'm not trying to be mean, but I do find it to be laughable (and quite odd) when the owner of a minifigure doesn't realize that it has a double-sided head. When it's rolling around in or outside of the bag pre-assembly, that's pretty hard to miss! No offense intended.

Ah, the lengths I went to for Hulk... I had to trade here on EB for him. I don't consider the exclusivity ruined, since who wants a minifig with a hole through its head?

A thought just occurred to me. Sony sold all the merchandise rights to the Amazing Spider-man back to Marvel last year. This means that all toys from there on are controlled and decide through Marvel, Sony has no input.

It may have been to late for the first film, but it could mean that we will get sets based on The Amazing Spider-man 2 next year. Mega Bloks will have got the licence well before the sale to Marvel. However since its now Marvel owned it could go to LEGO.

A thought just occurred to me. Sony sold all the merchandise rights to the Amazing Spider-man back to Marvel last year. This means that all toys from there on are controlled and decide through Marvel, Sony has no input.

It may have been to late for the first film, but it could mean that we will get sets based on The Amazing Spider-man 2 next year. Mega Bloks will have got the licence well before the sale to Marvel. However since its now Marvel owned it could go to LEGO.

That's a very interesting thought! Is there a link to the article that stated this?

I do hope LEGO will decide to give us a flash and a green lantern set...

As do I. It to bad that the Green Lantern movie was a flop and that the Flash movie has been at a stand still for sometime now, but I thnk next year we'll get a small set for each of them. Hopefully we'll see them in the Justice League movie in 2015 though so we can get them in their movie versions as well. The two sets I would like to see for the Green Lantern and The Flash are...

-The Green Lantern and Green Arrow vs. Sinestro: Coast City Attack: Green Lantern, Sinestro, Green Arrow, Yellow Crops Star Ship-19.99$

-The Flash and Cyborg vs. Gorilla Grodd: Showdown in Centeral City: Gorilla Grodd's Lab and Destroyed Scenery-19.99$(Changed to Gorilla Grodd because I think more know him)

Edited by North Lego Star

Hey guys. I've just got back into LEGO and I'm looking to get one final superhero set before Thor 2 (If they do them) and next I'm going to move to a new theme.

So far I have:

Extremisbseaport battle, iron man vs mandarin, black zero escape, captain A cycle

I was thinking quinjet but I can't justify that price so maybe hulk escape for £40-£50? It comes with Loki and Thor (Who I love) and the hulk! A small quinjet and looks good? Thanks. Just need advice. It will mean I have every avenger beside widow but hopefully there are cap 2 sets.

In the UK you can get the Quinjet usually very cheap! And it's a fantastic set. You won't regret it.