CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Well, the new FF reboot is coming out soon-ish. Lego wouldn't be able to make sets based off that movie directly, but releasing sets from the comics around the same time as the movie would make sense.

The Silver Surfer is also in the game, and if he was in a set, he could be pearl grey, like 3PO.

I hope we get a FF set, i've been wanting lego versions of them since we got Doom!

I know but I think pearl grey would piss a lot of people off. Plus a promotional chrome surfer would intice a lot of people into buying a set, while the promotion was on.

I know but I think pearl grey would piss a lot of people off. Plus a promotional chrome surfer would intice a lot of people into buying a set, while the promotion was on.

Depends on the depiction, in the films he's silver, but in the comics, he's more of a shiny grey, in the game he'll probably be pearl grey, so i'd be fine with it, but i see your point.

I would hope he appears in a set with Glatactus and him vs. the Four in the Fantasticar, not promo.

Silver Surfer would be mind-bending awesome. And it has to be chrome. Anything else would be a huge let down.

Eh, I'd prefer if the Silver Surfer was metallic. I don't like chrome minifigures very much, fingerprints are much more noticeable on them.

I would honestly just be happy to get him in any way because that would mean TLG is expanding their license beyond just the movies and some shows. I really hope that TLG releases sets based off of the game so we can get some of the more iconic Marvel characters that won't be appearing in the MCU for a while.

I would love to see the FF and the Silver Surfer. I was watching the first 2 films recently, and a Lego Jessica Alba and Iaon Gruffud would be a fine idea, I don't think they need to change the cast for the 2015 film. The Thing will be hard to get in scale, he is smaller than the Hulk.

:classic:

Well, a Lego Jessica Alba is probably impossible. I don't remember Marvel getting the rights for FF back. They got Daredevil and Ghostrider back but not Fantastic Four.

So we can at least hope for comic versions.

Or Lego comes up with a deal until the FF remake, that has been anounced, comes into cinemas.

I don't think they need to change the cast for the 2015 film.

If they don't change the cast they would have to make some crazy story about why the Human Torch looks exactly like Captain America :wink: I thought the cast did a pretty good job with the first one, however the second just wasn't that good and to get a fresh start on the movie they definitely need to start from a clean slate. Although it will be sad to see Gruffurd go, he played Mr. Fantastic really well and would have made a nice minifig that looked exactly like his comic book counterpart.

But considering the film rights aren't theirs the best we can hope for is comic versions, or their LEGO Superheroes character adaptations of the FF.

Edited by Spider-Man

Well, a Lego Jessica Alba is probably impossible. I don't remember Marvel getting the rights for FF back. They got Daredevil and Ghostrider back but not Fantastic Four.

So we can at least hope for comic versions.

Or Lego comes up with a deal until the FF remake, that has been anounced, comes into cinemas.

They have a new movie in production, and have started to announce the casting. Which has caused some nerd raging Internet controversy along with counter cries of Racism. Michael B. Jordan has been announced as the Human Torch.

Based on that I am going to bet that we will not be seeing any FF Lego subjects anytime soon, since there will be very conflicting visual looks between the classic comic versions and whatever they are putting in the new movie.

Michael B. Jordan has been announced as the Human Torch.

Off Topic: Really hope you're trolling there....

Back on topic: I'm not sure how they'd be able to properly do the FF anyway, what with their powers being what they are. Best we could hope for really is a Hulk-like Thing and the other 3 in normal FF costumes. But right now, I don't think FF have enough exposure to be considered for a full set.

Off Topic: Really hope you're trolling there....

Back on topic: I'm not sure how they'd be able to properly do the FF anyway, what with their powers being what they are. Best we could hope for really is a Hulk-like Thing and the other 3 in normal FF costumes. But right now, I don't think FF have enough exposure to be considered for a full set.

Off Topic: Michael B. Jordan is not the same guy who played for the Bulls, if that is what you are thinking http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430107/?ref_=sr_1

I would love to see the FF and the Silver Surfer. I was watching the first 2 films recently, and a Lego Jessica Alba and Iaon Gruffud would be a fine idea, I don't think they need to change the cast for the 2015 film. The Thing will be hard to get in scale, he is smaller than the Hulk.

:classic:

Sorry, but it would most likely be comic FF, as the preliminary Mr. Fantastic is comic and Galactus is also comic in the teaser. For Sue and Reed they can be normal, Thing would be a large fig, Torch i would prefer to be on fire!

If they don't change the cast they would have to make some crazy story about why the Human Torch looks exactly like Captain America :wink:

No they wouldn't, because the Fantastic Four universe is not set in the MCU aka the Fox movies have nothing to do with the Disney/Marvel movies.

-Omi

When LEGO spoke to the people behind the Simpsons, perhaps they were trying to secure a deal on creating sets based on Fox's ownership of Marvel characters?

No they wouldn't, because the Fantastic Four universe is not set in the MCU aka the Fox movies have nothing to do with the Disney/Marvel movies.

-Omi

Even so, kids may get confused as to why Cap and Johnny look the same.

On an unrelated topic, am I the only one who will use the Iron Patriot minifig as the Osborn version?

Even so, kids may get confused as to why Cap and Johnny look the same.

.... as if they wouldn't be already?

Why does Hannibal King look like Wade Wilson? Or that dude from the Punisher who has a striking resemblance to Warren Worthington III?

Why is Foggy Nelson also Happy Hogan?

I think the real issue at hand for kids is them knowing who the real Rhodey is. Or who the real Dr. Banner. I mean, there is at least 3 of them. And lets not forget Spider-Man.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Any news on that Lego Marvel Iron Patriot? I love Rhodes and own the Extremis Sea Port Battle just so I had could have War Machine.

Never pre-order from Wal-Mart until they update the listing with the bonus, or you won't get it.

I've been playing Lego Batman and it's gotten me thinking.

In the 90s Batman figures were all the rage. They made a million crazy figures all based on different ideas. Kind of similar to the alternative suits Batman and Robin make use of in this Lego Batman 2.

One of those suits was released as the Electro Batman (or whatever) with the book. But I'd be very interested in seeing more Batman suits. Right now if you buy all the Batman sets you basically get a lot of Batman clones (for the most part). This seems useless to me. Why not throw in those alternative suits? Batman in the 90s toy line has more freakin' suits than Iron Man and they're more diverse. I'm not saying they should go THAT crazy. Lots of those suits were stupid and spammed too much. Just... give us more suits. :P

I think the real issue at hand for kids is them knowing who the real Rhodey is. Or who the real Dr. Banner. I mean, there is at least 3 of them. And lets not forget Spider-Man.

I am very interested in seeing what they would do if they change the actor of one of the characters. If the new actor has much resemblance with the last one I can see them simply using the old head but what if it would be a difference like Rhodes from IM1 to Rhodes from IM2/3? A mix´nmash of the heads could be confusing at some point.

I've been playing Lego Batman and it's gotten me thinking.

In the 90s Batman figures were all the rage. They made a million crazy figures all based on different ideas. Kind of similar to the alternative suits Batman and Robin make use of in this Lego Batman 2.

One of those suits was released as the Electro Batman (or whatever) with the book. But I'd be very interested in seeing more Batman suits. Right now if you buy all the Batman sets you basically get a lot of Batman clones (for the most part). This seems useless to me. Why not throw in those alternative suits? Batman in the 90s toy line has more freakin' suits than Iron Man and they're more diverse. I'm not saying they should go THAT crazy. Lots of those suits were stupid and spammed too much. Just... give us more suits. :P

I am actually satisfied with the way it is currently. Batman blue with cape is only in two sets and Batman black with cape is the same. They got blue and black with plastic wings in two additional sets and the 2013 wave had the exclusive costumes Nolanman and White Batman. You have to keep in mind that a kid can´t buy the whole line and basic costumes like Black and Blue should be available through cheap means. But if they cared for children getting real Batmen they shouldn´t have put the plastic wing and white suit ones in the cheapest sets or at least gave the plastic wing ones additional cloth capes.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

-Omi

So are you saying you would be perfectly fine with Evans playing Cap and Torch? I know that they technically aren't in the same universe, but that just seems wrong to me on so many level. I know I definitely would have a problem with it :laugh:

We're straying from topic here. The current topic is current sets or even possible rumors. Let's keep the wish lists and movie discussions elsewhere. Thank you.

I am actually satisfied with the way it is currently. Batman blue with cape is only in two sets and Batman black with cape is the same. They got blue and black with plastic wings in two additional sets and the 2013 wave had the exclusive costumes Nolanman and White Batman. You have to keep in mind that a kid can´t buy the whole line and basic costumes like Black and Blue should be available through cheap means. But if they cared for children getting real Batmen they shouldn´t have put the plastic wing and white suit ones in the cheapest sets or at least gave the plastic wing ones additional cloth capes.

I'm happy with the Batmen, just annoyed by his overexposure, but sadly, Batman sells.

I'm happy with the Batmen, just annoyed by his overexposure, but sadly, Batman sells.

I don't think its Batmans fault he's popular I think its all down to DC. If they gave some of there other heroes more exposure then we would probably have sets around those heroes. However DC don't seem to be great at promoting their characters like Marvel are.

The Green Lanturn movie flopped and none of his merchandised sold well at the time. That's mostly the reason that there was no merchandise around the recent kids show. LEGO took a change on him but only as an ultra build, which to my knowledge didn't seek well.

DC did the same with Young Justice no Merchandise around the property, which doesn't generate a lot of interest out side the show. When you compare that to Ultimate Spider-man which has a lot of Merchandise ( including LEGO ), its clear to see why kids want Batman. If DC made good films and TV shows and then based good merch around it, I'm sure the Flash and Wonder Woman would appeal to kids.

Hopefully Man of Steel will change that...

Hmmm? I wonder if we will see a Robin minifig that uses one of the newer dual color capes? Black on the outside and yellow on the inside?