CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I just watched the Movie version of the Batman Videogame. The extra scenes do feature some of the sets. Like the suite change feature from the Batcave set and the Arkham Asylum van.

Am I the only one really not bothered by the movie or the CK figure?

This is the wrong place to post this. Try the Culture and Multimedia section where a topic on this movie already exist.

Today I recieved all 3 man of steel sets for my birthday and having built them I can say that they are really good and I would recommend getting them :classic:

You are so lucky to get all the MOS sets for your birthday. I got a tractor, but alas, no LEGO. (We have the same birthday)

Maybe I will treat myself to some Iron Man or MOS goodness today. :wink:

I would like your opinion on the MOS sets. So far I'm on the fence about them.

You are so lucky to get all the MOS sets for your birthday. I got a tractor, but alas, no LEGO. (We have the same birthday)

Maybe I will treat myself to some Iron Man or MOS goodness today. :wink:

I would like your opinion on the MOS sets. So far I'm on the fence about them.

Thankyou, I also hope you had a great day, at first I thought I wouldn't have liked the MOS sets (I'm a superhero completist except for those ghastly ultra builds) but since I've built them I like them all, the smallest set has a really nice car but those 2 figures appear in all 3 sets (which is my only criticism which isn't bad), all of the minifigures are great, especially the new gun and armour pieces, the smallville set has a rather nice alien ship and the build on that is very fun, my favourite set out of the three has got to be the smallville set but they are all great, the black zero escape is cool and the missile launcher on that is a clever design (thank god it wasn't flick fire), the other good thing is that there isn't too many stickers to apply to the models (personally I don't mind them), if you have the money and if you'd like to get these sets I'd say for you to do so, the IM3 sets are also rather nice

(my only gripe with them is that the two smallest sets aren't movie accurate)

:classic:

Edited by Kez

Guys has anyone built the new tony stark labatory ? If so could someone post some pictures of it please. Sorry if I've missed it on the previous pages.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share the Madbricks picture review of 76002, I'm pretty sure it's the only pictorial review of the set so far.

http://www.madbricks...howdown-review/

Cool review, I won't be getting it though the figs are the same and I'm saving up for a galaxy S4.

Edited by LuxorV

So the "red laser eyes" are available in all three sets?

As good as the cheapest set is, I think I will just get the most expensive and get more baddies and Superman. Lois would be wanted, but not as much to pick up that set for repeats.

I bought and built the smallville set today and while i like the look of the ship the bottom of it looks horrible imo. I don't know its cause its so flat or cause the gun and landing gear look ridiculous.

Just bringing an idea up-DC is swapping out most if not all of their animated lineup which could be a reason why we haven't seen any animated based sets yet. Seeing as there is no movie material for next year's DC sets, there is possibility of Teen Titans Go and Beware the Batman lines. One real seller for me on Beware the Batman is the possibility of an updated Alfred figure-he appears to be integral to the action in that series.

I'm hoping that in regards to next year's DC lineup that Lego would steer away from Batman themed sets and more towards the other heroes... but seeing as to how popular the Batman franchise is, it seems we have a while before seeing that this happens.

On a side note, does anyone know if the Iron Patriot preorder bonus is available anywhere other than in the United States? I can't even find a preorder for the game on walmart.ca, let alone a bonus minifigure.

Guys has anyone built the new tony stark labatory ? If so could someone post some pictures of it please. Sorry if I've missed it on the previous pages.

I tried to make it, but I had to modify it because I did not have all of the pieces. There are 2 other members who are currently building theirs however - they should be posting pics within the next few days

I'm hoping that in regards to next year's DC lineup that Lego would steer away from Batman themed sets and more towards the other heroes... but seeing as to how popular the Batman franchise is, it seems we have a while before seeing that this happens.

On a side note, does anyone know if the Iron Patriot preorder bonus is available anywhere other than in the United States? I can't even find a preorder for the game on walmart.ca, let alone a bonus minifigure.

Well honestly, they might because Nolan's series has come to an end. They could however go for a more "darker / mature" style by adapting the Arkham City video game aesthetics. We already saw an Arkham-style Robin from their Asylum Breakout set.

Not entirely sure if he's available outside the US. If you need help getting your hands on one however, try messaging a US member. You can also contact me if you have no luck. Cheers!

Edited by becauseBATMAN

I think we might see a set with black mask in, as he is the main villain in the new batman arkham origins game. It's a possibility, what do you guys think ?

Edited by Legoman123

I think we might see a set with black mask in, as he is the main villain in the new batman arkham origins game. It's a possibility, what do you guys think ?

For batman fans, Black Mask is somewhat well-known... but for the general Lego-Batman audience, Black Mask may not be a real "center-stage" villain for product merchandising. You have your "originals" (i.e. Mr Freeze, Poison ivy, etc) from cartoons and TAS. And then you have your "side villains" (i.e. Victor Zsasz, Black Mask, etc) in my opinion...

Im really curious to see what direction Lego will go towards for their new DC products...

Edit: I have a small feeling that they'll re-do the few remaining heroes + villians into Arkham versions. We already have a Mr. Freeze and Robin. An Arkham-style Bane and Scarecrow would be really cool. Hugo Strange and Black Mask would serve as nice side figures for the larger sets.

Edited by becauseBATMAN

I tried to make it, but I had to modify it because I did not have all of the pieces. There are 2 other members who are currently building theirs however - they should be posting pics within the next few days

Thanks for letting me know, it'll all depend on how good it looks when's its finished, then I'll decide if I should build it or not.

For batman fans, Black Mask is somewhat well-known... but for the general Lego-Batman audience, Black Mask may not be a real "center-stage" villain for product merchandising. You have your "originals" (i.e. Mr Freeze, Poison ivy, etc) from cartoons and TAS. And then you have your "side villains" (i.e. Victor Zsasz, Black Mask, etc) in my opinion...

Im really curious to see what direction Lego will go towards for their new DC products...

I no what you mean because now all the main villans have been made, whats next, maybe no more batman lego, or maybe they'll make some side villains ? I'm honestly not sure.

Edited by Legoman123

I no what you mean because now all the main villans have been made, whats next, maybe no more batman lego, or maybe they'll make some side villains.

WB exec's say that Man of Steel is super awesome so i'm guessing they'll try turning it into a trilogy. Justice League is also up for discussion.

I think Justice League inspired sets with redesigned Heroes would be awesome. Hall of Justice and Watchtower sets in the $40-60 range would be really cool to see

As much as I love Batman and would love an official Ras al Ghul figure, I think we are done with him for now. I'd like to see some Green Lantern, Nightwing and Flash centered sets, not Batman rescuing and/or fighting alongside them. Does anyone think we will see any more sets from the Ultimate Spiderman or is the show done? I would love to see more Iron Man 3 sets, but I doubt that is going to happen :sceptic:.

I really hope they don't bring more ultimate Spiderman! I liked the sets so far but there is the new Thor movie, Captain America 2 and I'd love to see another iron man 3 set. The helicarrier and stark tower still haven't become sets and fans have been begging. So it would be nice if this year the big exclusive/akin to arkham for marvel was the helicarrier or stark tower. batman wise I agree we have enough batman sets but there is one more to finish the line they need to make: WAYNE MANOR. This will hopefully will be dc's big exclusive like arkham last year. Maybe al ghul could be included with that and for Christ's sake Alfred! Come on Lego surely you can give us that much.

Edited by legofreak86

There will be more Ultimate Spider-Man sets. It's a successful weekly cartoon with strong marketable characters. Perfect age range too.

I doubt Batman is finished. He's DC's most recognisable character.