CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Iron Patriot looks fantastic. :wub:

Darn, I'm really glad Iron Patriot is a preorder figure, like I thought, but I'm kind of upset it's just for the console versions. I was planning to preorder the DS version if he was the bonus (and I don't really care where that preorder was from, the the fact that it's Wal Mart and not GameStop doesn't bother me too much). Does anybody think it might be for the DS version too, and maybe that will be seen later, or maybe will I be able to get Iron Patriot at Wal Mart without preordering the game? I don't know if they've ever done this before, so I don't know if he'd be able to be found with other polybags after a while at the stores. :sceptic:

I recall hearing in some places that people were able to buy the pre-order Jack Sparrow polybag at TRU for $5 or $10 without ordering the game. I suspect YMMV again, with a possibility some will be able to purchase multiples, that is just speculation though. It depends on the store and workers it seems.

.. the problem is Cavill has the generic Superman face.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: it's true!

I recall hearing in some places that people were able to buy the pre-order Jack Sparrow polybag at TRU for $5 or $10 without ordering the game. I suspect YMMV again, with a possibility some will be able to purchase multiples, that is just speculation though. It depends on the store and workers it seems.

I was actually able to buy the pre-order Jack Sparrow from Walmart late last year (But way after the game was out and on sale); it was just sitting on the shelf. The people at Walmart were really confused when I tried to ring it up at self-checkout. Regardless, I wouldn't count on finding them places.

That's really upsetting to me that the Iron Patriot will be a Pre-Order Exclusive Minifig. I was really hopeful lego would take the opportunity to save the Iron Patriot for a large Lego Exclusive based off the final battle in Iron Man 3 that came with some more Iron Man Suits, some Extermis Soilders and the Iron Patriot. Sadly lego just doesn't seem to excatly care or think about these options so now half off the people hoping to get an Iron Patriot won't are will have to pay an absurd price for it.

I'm pretty excited about the Jor-El minifig being real though s it's something new that is a really good exclusive minifig choice for lego. Even though I doubt I'll be getting it, it's still a good minifig that is original.

That's really upsetting to me that the Iron Patriot will be a Pre-Order Exclusive Minifig. I was really hopeful lego would take the opportunity to save the Iron Patriot for a large Lego Exclusive based off the final battle in Iron Man 3 that came with some more Iron Man Suits, some Extermis Soilders and the Iron Patriot. Sadly lego just doesn't seem to excatly care or think about these options so now half off the people hoping to get an Iron Patriot won't are will have to pay an absurd price for it.

I can somewhat relate to your frustration as I am waiting on the release of the comic con exclusive figures into the mainstream sets. We can only hope for the longevity of this theme so that more figures get released.

On another note, does anyone know when preorder begins or when the video game officially hits the shelf?

IP being a Wal-mart exclusive is not that bad, just imagine if he were a Comic-con exclusive. :cry_sad:

And just to throw out an observation, but the CGI render is a bit odd. Usually Lego has either real pictures, or photo-realistic renders, but all it takes is one glance to tell that it's CGI.

It's strange that TLG is breaking the trend with these last two ploy-bags, as Jor-El's lacks the character in the top-right, and IP is an obvious render.

Anybody got any theories why that's so?

IP has sealed my pre-ordering the game, but it's strange that they're doing two different physical bonuses this time around.

But as a word of review, the figure looks gorgeous, and I can't wait to get my hands on him.

I can somewhat relate to your frustration as I am waiting on the release of the comic con exclusive figures into the mainstream sets. We can only hope for the longevity of this theme so that more figures get released.

On another note, does anyone know when preorder begins or when the video game officially hits the shelf?

Game hit stores in Fall 2013. I don't know about the pre-order.

I like the Iron Patriot, but there are two problems:

1. I don't want the game.

2. I don't shop at Walmart.

This'll just be yet another missed/skipped promo fig to add to the list. (Voodoo doll Jack Sparrow, Elrond, armored Lex Luthor, Bilbo Baggins, all SDCC figs, Hoth Han Solo, and now Iron Parriot.) In fact, the only exclusive promo minifigure I have is the Hulk!

I would much rather have the Mouth of Sauron or robed Saruman from the summer LotR sets, anyway!

TheLegoDr is right: It's a LEGO minifigure. Not a million dollars. Life goes on. It would be nice to have, but there's no easy way to get it for me except for paying Amazon/eBay/Bricklink scalpers.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Now that's the kind of preorder bonus I was hoping for! :sweet: I know where I'm getting the game now. :grin: I do feel bad for the people who can't get it though. Since this is walmart, there is a chance that you might be able to buy it seperately, but it's unlikely. :sceptic:

As for Jor-El being real... I told you so! :poke: But now that it's confirmed, I'm actually kind of excited for a Russel Crowe minifig. I think I'll hold off on buying Black Zero Escape until this promotion starts. And is it just me or would it make the fig 100 times cooler if it had a double sided head with an angry "are you not entertained" face? :grin:

I'm an American but have absolutely no interest in the IP figure,is that wrong?

I guess you could say... post-2028-0-95513400-1367385648.png... you are un-Patriotic. YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!! :tongue:

Argh... I knew this would happen with Iron Patriot. I think most of us did.

Video games are pretty expensive in Australia too, so even if this were offered as a bonus here, I probably won't get it.

I'll see if they've got any left over and buy the game when it's cheaper. Otherwise, I'll have to pass.

Edited by Delta 38

Jackattack, where do you live? I'm in Aylesbury.

Looking forward to this. It will undoubtedly be a bonus here too.

Near Wycombe Heights golf club, heard of it? Hope game will do it no way am I missing this. But the off put is the game, I would get it at £30. But £40 for Xbox.

Iron Patriot as a preorder? Sigh

But at least we are getting this figure - that's better than it not being released at all...

If its out in the uk - then it's mine. If not, I'll pay what's required from bricklink. Lego can't stop me...

Iron Patriot as a preorder? Sigh

But at least we are getting this figure - that's better than it not being released at all...

If its out in the uk - then it's mine. If not, I'll pay what's required from bricklink. Lego can't stop me...

In UK you can propapbly buy the game edition that comes with the figure, no need for the "while supplies lasts" preorder crap.

I'm an American but have absolutely no interest in the IP figure,is that wrong?

You'll never be allowed on ameribricks again ;)

I will get the game but not sure if I'll keep the fig or sell it. A lot of times I sell the fig to get an "instant discount" on the game. Maybe I'll like it and keep it though

Edited by Drock

Well shoot. I guess that means I'm not getting an Iron Patriot. :cry_sad: I don't have a gaming system that can play the game nor am I going to shell out big money on Ebay. That makes me sad.

I like the Iron Patriot, but there are two problems:

1. I don't want the game.

2. I don't shop at Walmart.

Same here. :cry_sad: Although if there's a polybag exclusive to WM I'll buy it there.

Edited by The_Creator

I never understand the hate people have for WalMart,they provide me with goods that I need at a good price,their business practices are not my concern.

Yeah, I expect we'll get it via Game.

Lex was available most everywhere.

This. No reason to panic.

In the unlikely event that this is an America-only promotion, I'll just have to cough up for Bricklink I guess. Iron Patriot is now the only Iron Man 3 minifig missing from my collection.

I'm no Wal-Mart shopper either, but for this I will make an exception. I may wait a week or so to see if we get news of GameStop getting it.

I never understand the hate people have for WalMart,they provide me with goods that I need at a good price,their business practices are not my concern.

]

I really don't see the hate either way, they always get lego sets earlier than Toys R Us and are at least a couple of cents cheaper than the lego store... It's the other alternative for Toy's R'Us being too crazy expensive on their toys... Plus you can bargain the cashier for damaged lego boxes... hehehe I like that IP is not a comic con exclusive, but I am starting to wonder if they are going to be more summer sets for the superheroes line...

I have nothing against their business practices. It's the fact that I have obtained LEGO sets from them that were of inferior quality, as have some of my friends. So I shop mainly at TRU and Target.

@The_Creator that makes no sense at all. Target and TRU get their LEGO sets from the same place that Wal Mart does, LEGO.