CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

The Tennis Ace's hair isn't brick yellow, but Aquaman is currently the only minifigure to have so.

I really hope that piece gets made in brick yellow soon. :grin:

Yes please stop spoiling the movie, I am seeing it this weekend and I don't want to know anything.

Same tonite!!! Extremely excited!!!!! I got the two bigger iron man 3 sets yesterday to celebrate! Contrary to people's belief i think the mandarin figure is really cool and nicely blends together comic and movie variations. It does seem strange that most of the big action sequences mentioned in the trailers such as the whole airforce one thing and the big battle havent been turned into sets but there is always hope for an exclusive battle set later in the year as marvel had a spiderman exclusive last year. Maybe they will go the same way dc went with arkham with a battle set. If they are saving patriot for a bigger set then that could be the reason we arent getting him now.... It makes suprisingly a lot of sense.

Edited by legofreak86

Ok, so I finally picked up the batman, mr freeze, and aquaman set today. When I finally got home with my son to build it, I noticed something odd when I opened the box. The largest bag in the box was opened, but every other bag in the box was still sealed. I dumped the parts on the floor of the biggest bag and all minifig parts were gone :(

I then checked the review of this set on here and the smaller bags are supposed to contain the minifig heads and weapons. All the smaller bags didn't have any minifig parts at all in them, but we're sealed and had no holes in them???????

Unfortunately I don't have the receipt anymore and was tossed with the bag before I got home.

My 5yr old was crushed not to have the figures. Is there anything I could possibly do to get the figures???

I think this had to be done at the Lego factory. The box seals were perfect and not tampered with and the smaller bags had no minifig parts in them but perfectly sealed?????

I'd say that you should go on the 'missing parts' area of the Lego customer service site and order the parts free, or you could ring them. That must have been horrible to see that.

I just noticed that "X-Men Days of Future Past" is a 2014 release. Lego Halle Berry and Patrick Stewart please! I guess the X-jet is the no-brainer set for this.

:classic:

I don't know a lot about that movie, but (correct me if I am wrong) wouldn't it be made by Fox (or whoever owns the X-men rights, I can't remember) so sets based on that movie is very unlikely.

Edited by Wall E2624

^ interesting point WallE2624. Lego's deal is with Disney and Disney has owned Marvel since X-Men the Last Stand which was a Fox production. We got Magneto and Wolverine though. Does anyone know if the movie company matters? My guess is no.

Other noteworthy actors (to me) in the new film: Jennifer Lawrence, Peter Dinklage, Ellen Page, Michael Fassbender, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy.

I hope the new Thor movie means we get Kat Dennings, and that Natalie Portman can the join the "minifigs for multiple movie" club.

Edited by robuko

Yes, the movie company matters. LEGO doesn't have the rights to next year's X-Men movie. The Wolverine set we got was comic based. Similarly, LEGO didn't have the rights to recent Spidermman movie; Megabloks did. That's why the Spidey sets we got are based on the cartoon.

Regarding Release Dates?

I couldn't find anything after looking through the past couple of pages; I've noticed some people in the US are finding the Man of Steel sets available at Walmart already. Does anyone know what the actual 'street date' for release is? I can't imagine I'd be lucky enough to find them at my Walmart here in the NW, so I'll just wait until I know they're out. :wink:

Regarding Release Dates?

I couldn't find anything after looking through the past couple of pages; I've noticed some people in the US are finding the Man of Steel sets available at Walmart already. Does anyone know what the actual 'street date' for release is? I can't imagine I'd be lucky enough to find them at my Walmart here in the NW, so I'll just wait until I know they're out. :wink:

According to the german catalogue it´s june but Amazon.de lists MOS and IM3 as 18th May. But then again, Amazon.de has still no listings for Spider-Man/Batman 2013 sets while every other store already carries them.

Yes, the movie company matters. LEGO doesn't have the rights to next year's X-Men movie. The Wolverine set we got was comic based. Similarly, LEGO didn't have the rights to recent Spidermman movie; Megabloks did. That's why the Spidey sets we got are based on the cartoon.

Still, nothing keeps LEGO from taking elements from the movie. Like how Wolverine Chopper Showdown is based on the scene from Origins: Wolverine where he drives away from a helicopter (albeit not one piloted by Deadpool and not in his yellow spandex outfit). I could see them do something with the Sentinels and most certainly a set with Professor X.

I just noticed that "X-Men Days of Future Past" is a 2014 release. Lego Halle Berry and Patrick Stewart please! I guess the X-jet is the no-brainer set for this.

Or the mansion. I would prefer the mansion, would be a bit more different from existing sets. The Black Bird would remind me too much of the Quinjet.

Sadly, Lego will not be able to make any sets based off any X-Men movies. I honestly don't know how they managed to do the Wolverine set last year.... Good news, Marvel just bought Daredevil from FOX so we could be getting some sets with him and Bullseye and maybe even Electra soon.

Sadly, Lego will not be able to make any sets based off any X-Men movies. I honestly don't know how they managed to do the Wolverine set last year.... Good news, Marvel just bought Daredevil from FOX so we could be getting some sets with him and Bullseye and maybe even Electra soon.

That Wolverine set wasnt based on any X-men movie,after all the characters on this set had their comic version costumes not the movie costumes.

Back from Iron Man 3. All I can say is that I'm eager to buy a IM 3 set but without spoilig anything... the sets choice are rather... well let's say interesting.

All About Bricks is reporting that all the Lego board games are cancelled. This includes the Batman one apparently. Hopefully Lego has some official statements soon. The Batman one was the only one I ever wanted to buy...

Granted I'm not sure how much I believe this news, but based on how many times I see those things overstocked and discounted it's definitely possible.

Edited by strangely

The new LEGO Club magazine has a build code for a Tony Stark lab model to build with your own pieces.

The instructions aren't public yet, but it'll be interesting to see what it is.

All About Bricks is reporting that all the Lego board games are cancelled. This includes the Batman one apparently. Hopefully Lego has some official statements soon. The Batman one was the only one I ever wanted to buy...

Granted I'm not sure how much I believe this news, but based on how many times I see those things overstocked and discounted it's definitely possible.

?????WHY?????

I really hope this is not true, I wanted the Batman one as well!

Thqts actually a really good idea.

Could you plead your case with Lego about the missing minifigs? I know the Lego website has support that helps you get your missing pieces or minifigs. Cross your fingers, I did this with some sets that had missing pieces and they helped me out.

Edited by eldiano

I, too, hope the rumors are untrue. All the games I've gotten have been quite nice.

They've already been showing the Batman game at trade shows. Even if they were to discontinue the Game line, it seems silly to not produce something that's been finalized and shown off. They may have even started production on some of the pieces.

I, too, hope the rumors are untrue. All the games I've gotten have been quite nice.

They've already been showing the Batman game at trade shows. Even if they were to discontinue the Game line, it seems silly to not produce something that's been finalized and shown off. They may have even started production on some of the pieces.

They are even up for preorder on some sites.

Didn´t they also say that one Advent Calendar or so was cancelled last year and it came out anyway?

Hi everyone, Sorry if this has been mentioned as i havent been following too closely recently, But whats the deal with this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-SUPERMAN-JOR-EL-EXCLUSIVE-RARE-MINIFIGURE-POLYBAG-MAN-OF-STEEL-UK-SELLER-/200919745613?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item2ec7c0044d

What the... I have no idea. I'm guessing it's the June offer for LEGO S@H/Brand Stores. Looks cool.

Didn´t they also say that one Advent Calendar or so was cancelled last year and it came out anyway?

Yes, there was quite a debacle about the Friends advent calendar last year.

@TheJoker1 That looks very fake, notice the usual artwork of the main character in the top right corner is missing and I can't recall Jor El ever wearing a Superman outfit.

Edited by Wall E2624