CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

other fig look like...

spoil movie warning:

Unless it preliminary, but no. It could be some one we haven't see.

Fake. One picture has the Thor figure art at the top while the other, ( from another angle ) doesn't.

Fake. One picture has the Thor figure art at the top while the other, ( from another angle ) doesn't.

huh no you still see his leg on the one you said witout just really real dark. .

Hmm...interesting. Not quite sure what to think of it. The positioning of Thor is the same as in the digital render of The Quinjet http://shop.lego.com...ial-Battle-6869 which leads me to be suspicious.

prelim does this before

Fake. The Thor is in the same position as the one in the box of the Quinjet. Plus, it's so coincidental how the image is awful.

EDIT: What's up with your grammar, J2G? You've suddenly changed :P

(I can't use EB emotes on an iPad.)

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Yeah, they pulled a CMF Mr. Gold prank, too. Don't trust the image at all. April Fool's makes the Internet even less trustworthy!

Fake. The Thor is in the same position as the one in the box of the Quinjet. Plus, it's so coincidental how the image is awful.

EDIT: What's up with your grammar, J2G? You've suddenly changed :P

(I can't use EB emotes on an iPad.)

-Sci

You can, I'm on one right now and you just type in the code. :wink::damn: like that

If it wasn't for the picture being released on April 1st, I may have believed it more, but I'm pretty sure that's a fake. Despite that I still believe there will be one 29.99$ or 39.99$ Thro the Dark World set released during October. By the Way on the May Calander, there's an add for a Building Iron Man's Secert Lab. What is that exactly? And I know this is way out there, but it reminds me of the small building contest lego had that was building onto Jabba's Palace. Could we be expecting an add on to the Malibu Mansion?

If it wasn't for the picture being released on April 1st, I may have believed it more, but I'm pretty sure that's a fake. Despite that I still believe there will be one 29.99$ or 39.99$ Thro the Dark World set released during October. By the Way on the May Calander, there's an add for a Building Iron Man's Secert Lab. What is that exactly? And I know this is way out there, but it reminds me of the small building contest lego had that was building onto Jabba's Palace. Could we be expecting an add on to the Malibu Mansion?

Good God in heaven I hope so. Especially if it had more suits from the previous films and from the new film.

Good God in heaven I hope so. Especially if it had more suits from the previous films and from the new film.

I really hope so too, I think it would go nicely with the Thor 2 set at the beginning of October and possibly another Man of Steel Set couldn't hurt to make the number of sets this year even( & for DC and 7 for Marvel.)

By the Way on the May Calander, there's an add for a Building Iron Man's Secert Lab. What is that exactly? And I know this is way out there, but it reminds me of the small building contest lego had that was building onto Jabba's Palace. Could we be expecting an add on to the Malibu Mansion?

According to FBTB it is, "an in-store activity to help rebuild his Malibu Mansion." :sceptic:

Oh, I guess since it's a in store building activity and not a large building contest, we won't be getting a add on set to the Malibu Mansion. I'm still expecting lego to release a large Marvel Exclusive set next year though, hopefully based off of Iron Man 3 so we're able to get more Iron Man suits as well as the Iron Patriot.

The guys in the pictures are Dark Elves lead by Malekith

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Now THAT is how you do fake preliminary set pics! Just do a half-assed photoshop, print it out and do a crappy photo in a dark corner of your room.

Still, the stolen Thor pic of him flying around and the guy standing in his speeder with a 1x1 plate on his head (I think) give it away.

The guys in the pictures are Dark Elves lead by Malekith

Since when is this a spoiler? Beside the subtitle "The Dark World" it´s basically the only thing we know about the new Thor movie.

BTW: Still pissed because of the apparently missing Iron Patriot. I have no real confidence that he will appear in the video game so that will mean we will have to wait till 2015 (if we are lucky).

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Because some people don't want to know who the villian is or what those guys are , until they see the movie.

In regards to the Thor set, to me it looks too obscure to be fake. Typically someone trying to fool the AFOL community would create a MOC which is both recognizable and desirable. This set hold nether of these qualities. What the heck is it supposed to be? Plus J2G is a trustworthy source.

Anyway, if anyone wants a peek at what some future Super Hero sets and minifigures may look like, Collider has some preliminary art from Captain America 2, Thor 2, and my favorite The Guardians of the Galaxy.

http://collider.com/captain-america-2-images-guardians-of-the-galaxy-images/

The Winter Soldier looks cool. I wonder if he would get the moulded mechanical arm or a regular with printing.

Because some people don't want to know who the villian is or what those guys are , until they see the movie.

Tell that the constant tv spots that will air in the months leading up to the release, or the trailers every news site will report and partially describe or people that already figured out who the only two enemies of Thor are that are described as dark which makes the pool of potential villains massively smaller.

The Winter Soldier looks cool. I wonder if he would get the moulded mechanical arm or a regular with printing.

The arm looks like a regular human arm. Maybe they do it in metallic color but even that is a little too much effort for LEGO.

The style of Guardians is interesting. I don´t really know what to expect. In comparison with the rest of the Superheroes line it looks too expensive for 10 to 50$ sets. Star Wars size spaceships, a bunch of new character molds like tree dude and Rocket Racoon. Either the line is finally growing to Star Wars size or we only get the characters and mini models.

It's pretty obvious to any Thor fans who would be in it just going by the title. The Dark World is where the dark elves and Malekith come from.

-Omi

The style of Guardians is interesting. I don´t really know what to expect. In comparison with the rest of the Superheroes line it looks too expensive for 10 to 50$ sets. Star Wars size spaceships, a bunch of new character molds like tree dude and Rocket Racoon. Either the line is finally growing to Star Wars size or we only get the characters and mini models.

Tree dude? It's GROOT for crying out loud! Show some respect for the Monarch of Planet X. Sheesh! :grin: (Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well on the intraweb)

New HI-RES photo of the Thor set (warning: exceeds photo size limit!):

8613677645_a9261fa09c_k.jpg

April Fools! I got y'all! :grin:

Wait, why are you guys throwing rocks at me? Ouch!

Now THAT is how you do fake preliminary set pics! Just do a half-assed photoshop, print it out and do a crappy photo in a dark corner of your room.

You summed up production of this prank pretty well. Though I am VERY proud of the top border, and I'm content with the corner logo, I did rush on the body. I have been working on it since February! I totally forgot about it until yesterday! I took the photo on the 3DS to make an excuse for the bad quality! :tongue:

Always remember this: when I talk with the very lower grammar on April Fools' Day, it indicates that I am playing a prank! Please, if you notice this next year, play along with it! I wanna see how many new people I'll fool next year!

Edited by just2good