CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

With the UK release of Man of Steel sets (April) looming on the horizon, I'm very surprised that no box pictures have emerged for any sets apart from 76002. I suppose that DC don't want TLG to provide movie spoilers with box art pictures, which makes it seem like an odd decision to release the Man of Steel sets in April when the movie isn't out until June. Very odd...

With the UK release of Man of Steel sets (April) looming on the horizon, I'm very surprised that no box pictures have emerged for any sets apart from 76002. I suppose that DC don't want TLG to provide movie spoilers with box art pictures, which makes it seem like an odd decision to release the Man of Steel sets in April when the movie isn't out until June. Very odd...

the whole spoiler worry thing is silly now a-days considering how much we get from the the internet and the movie trailers themselves... I think, if anything, having the toys out only increases the visibility and popularity of the movies, people walking down the toy isle see the sets and think, oh yeah, I wanted to see that movie.

Well i could be near the end of April, but here in the US it has a May release date. Given that there is so much secrecy surrounding the film, i'm not surprised that we haven't gotten pics yet and why the leaked vidoe was pulled. I'm guessing that they let the Metropolis box slip because the felt that it wasn't spoiling to much and was a small bit of the final battle, plus rumor has it in the new trailer (to be release sometime in April) Zod throws a satellite tower at civillians which Supes stops.

Plus the IM3 sets were released on March 7th when we don't get see it until May 3rd.

Well i could be near the end of April, but here in the US it has a May release date. Given that there is so much secrecy surrounding the film, i'm not surprised that we haven't gotten pics yet and why the leaked vidoe was pulled. I'm guessing that they let the Metropolis box slip because the felt that it wasn't spoiling to much and was a small bit of the final battle, plus rumor has it in the new trailer (to be release sometime in April) Zod throws a satellite tower at civillians which Supes stops.

Plus the IM3 sets were released on March 7th when we don't get see it until May 3rd.

Us in the UK get to see it April 25th. I'm still suprised how early we got these IM sets.

Us in the UK get to see it April 25th. I'm still suprised how early we got these IM sets.

the IM sets were definitely released earlier than I thought.... I had to scramble to get them into my march LEGO budget

If anyone is interested, here is what The Mandarin looks like with sumo hair... (took the pic myself)

8567942270_89ed72d1a6_c.jpg

you don't happen to know when it ends?

April 8th is when it ends. I'm looking at getting either Arkham or the Fire Brigade, I might hold out till April 1st just to get a Splinter keyring.

So I bought the daily bugle set the other day. in the Box I got 4 sets of beetles wings, 3 of jamesons camera, and 2 spidey wed ropes.

is this the norm for the extras in this set or did i just get a really good box?

So I bought the daily bugle set the other day. in the Box I got 4 sets of beetles wings, 3 of jamesons camera, and 2 spidey wed ropes.

is this the norm for the extras in this set or did i just get a really good box?

Three and two seems out of the ordinary. Normally just one extra piece is included. Although, on 7952 I got 2-3 spares instead of one and two extra of every weapon.

Do you guys know if Lego will make Thor 2 The Dark World sets ?

it's all speculation at this point

The spring/summer wave of 2014 will probably have captain America sets, but what do you guys think the winter wave will have in store for us?

I just bought the 3 iron man 3 sets today, I now have to get building them :classic:

The spring/summer wave of 2014 will probably have captain America sets, but what do you guys think the winter wave will have in store for us?

I'm guessing we'll see lots of Batman sets for DC, and no Marvel sets (until April). Additionally, I think the year will be a lot like the 2012 Super Heroes stuff. But, alas, let's continue discussion of these predictions on the Future Super Heroes Set Ideas thread, in which I'll be posting my guesses for the DC Super Heroes wave later today. :wink:

Most likely Batman, Thor, Spider-man and maybe X-men and Justice league.