CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Well here are my thoughts about the sets based on their describtions...

76006- I probally won't pick this one up as although it includes War Machine, doesn;t really apeal to me villian character wise.

76007- It's a shame lego didn't go all out for this set, I mean it doesn't sound bad, but they counld have really had some fun with it. Hopefully the unnamed minifig will the Iron Patriot though.

76008- This one sounds most interesting to me since it includes the main hero and villian in a cheap set, so I may end upo just picking this one up and having fun with it.

76002- Again this one sounds most interesting to me since it just includes the main hero and villian in a cheap set, so I'll actually probally end up picking this one up too.

76003- I believe this one is the Metropolis Showdown( please correct me if I'm wrong) and it sounds pretty decent as it includes most of the main characters and will most likely end up having some building or ship or something kind of large. Depsite this I probally won't pick it up since my main interest this year is Star Wars, I'm still looking foward to seeing how it turns out though.

76009- This one sounds good as well and comes with three of the main character for a cheap price, but I have no clue what the Black Zero escape is so I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm really glad that there are two cheap sets with the main hero and villian and those are the one's I'll probally end up buying. I can't wait to see pictures soon!

I'm going to be pretty upset with lego if we don't end up seeing an Iron Patriot minifig. I mean although I'm open to an Rescue minifig I think I would rather see an Iron Patriot minifig. If we don't see an Iron Patriot this year, hopefully we'll see one in 2014 or as the Marvel Exclusive minifig with purchase, but he really deserves to be in his own set.

Edited by North Lego Star

Interesting to see that Iron man line up.

76006- Good to see Warmachine and Killian. Not mentioned is suit which it is with the other two sets. So I assume this takes place before Stark has made the mark 42. In that case I'm guessing its the Mark VII.

76007- I didn't think that LEGO would add Stark, its good that they did and its good to see the Mark 42+ Pepper.

76008- What's interesting to me hear is that it says the Iron man fig is Exculsive. Hopefully something more than just a different face for Stark. Maybe a Battle damaged version or a Stealth suit?

So by the looks of the Three sets we get:

Warmachine Mark II

Killian

Iron man mark VII

Iron man Mark 42

Pepper Pots

Mandarin

Green fig

Exculsive Iron man

And possibly a different Mandarin. Not bad for three sets that total to about £75.

FBTB has it´s own article finally up: http://www.fbtb.net/...3-super-heroes/

Well I'm very happy with that information. I'm pleased to see that you can gain most of the major characters in the small sets--and since I'm really only after the big guys like Mandarin and Zod--it's good to know I won't need to buy a huge set for them. But I'm also happy to see that for the most part you could by the whole group of sets for a low (some what) cost.

Side note: Yay! Zod and Madarin in cheap sets!

Rescue?

Slaps head. Duh. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Code names for minifigures. What is the world coming to?

I am a bit surprised that the DC sets seem to be bigger than most of the Marvel sets but I guess that is how it was with this winter line with Marvel.

Thank God! I can get War Machine and Kilian in a cheap set, and then I can just get Mandarin, Stark and Pepper all in one decently priced set! Praise the Gods! And Lois Lane comes in a cheap set too! It is my lucky day, for sure. And the fact that all my LotR and SW purchases will be cheap too!!

I don't think heartbreaker is code for antthing. I wonder if Jackattack7's friend saw what suit was included in the Extremis set.

I'm surprised by how cheap all the sets are (not that I'm complaining :laugh: ) and the lack of a flagship set.

Rescue?

That would be very awesome and would make sense too! Better than an Iron Patriot in my opinion. Let's hope that's what it is.

And I'm also among the people who are happy that most of the sets are so small and cheap. I don't have the money nor space to buy and display large sets at the moment, so these will be a great way to get all these awesome figs. I'll be getting all of the IM3 sets, but I'll only get the Lois/Zod set from the MoS line, just for those figs. Not interested at all in the other two, but pictures or the movie might change my mind.

That would be very awesome and would make sense too! Better than an Iron Patriot in my opinion. Let's hope that's what it is.

And I'm also among the people who are happy that most of the sets are so small and cheap. I don't have the money nor space to buy and display large sets at the moment, so these will be a great way to get all these awesome figs. I'll be getting all of the IM3 sets, but I'll only get the Lois/Zod set from the MoS line, just for those figs. Not interested at all in the other two, but pictures or the movie might change my mind.

As Marvel seems to making a big deal out of the Iron Patriot armor, I am shocked the armor isn't in any of the sets, unless, like Rescue, is keeping it hidden.

As none of the minifigures were shown with the sets, I think Mandarin might have his rings.

I think the green guy is a redone version of Eric Savin/ Coldblood( Dale did say his version of the character was "loosely based" on the comic version )

Are we expecting leaked pics from the London Toy Fair anytime soon?

We won't get any. The LEGO both is completely blocked all the way around. This year even the roof was covered so that anyone on the floor above couldn't see in. It's a not a walk in both either. I believe you need an appointment with LEGO and the LEGO employees go around with you. They explain each set but they would stop any pictures being taken right away.

On the 10th of February its the NY toyfair so we will have pictures from that, and the Brick Show is doing a video of all the sets there. Before then is the Nuremberg Toyfair so we will get pictures then but I can't remember the date for that one. I know its before NY however.

Are we expecting leaked pics from the London Toy Fair anytime soon?

No, no pics allowed, they make a big deal out of that, even more so this year.

I recently realized something. The helmet used for the batman minifig creates a gap for his mouth, breaking apart neasr his nose, but then rejoining under his mouth. In the comics and the movies, batman's whole mouth and chin were left exposed. Why is this.

I recently realized something. The helmet used for the batman minifig creates a gap for his mouth, breaking apart neasr his nose, but then rejoining under his mouth. In the comics and the movies, batman's whole mouth and chin were left exposed. Why is this.

Because it's Lego, simple as that. The hole reveals his mouth and chin (combined in the Lego world) so yeah.

If I remember correctly (and I am pretty sure I do) the Nuremburg toyfair didn't allow pictures last year, so we might have to wait until NY in February. :sceptic:

If I remember correctly (and I am pretty sure I do) the Nuremburg toyfair didn't allow pictures last year, so we might have to wait until NY in February. :sceptic:

At Nuremburg only their internal photography/filming were allowed to do shoot the new stuff on display......I've signed up for updates with them as the show progresses. :wink:

We not only got a good deal of pictures, but multiple videos showcasing pretty much everything except a few themes from several groups on YT like Atamaii.com. While it's not as widespread to the general public as the NY Toy Fair, we should get a look at most of the new sets in some form.

However, last year I don't believe we got any Superhero set coverage due to possible Avengers spoilers (didn't see pictures of the sets 'till NY, if I recall), so it'll probably be the same this year.

Edited by Mesonak

^ We only didn't get to see the aliens and their vehicles, but they revealed this at the end of the NY one. The figures though were all the prototypes.

As Marvel seems to making a big deal out of the Iron Patriot armor, I am shocked the armor isn't in any of the sets, unless, like Rescue, is keeping it hidden.

As none of the minifigures were shown with the sets, I think Mandarin might have his rings.

Why would they make a secret out of it? As you said yourself, the Patriot armor is one of the things they are promoting the movie with, so everybody knows about it already. Plus it seems they have a codename for Rescue, so even if they were keeping the Iron Patriot a secret, why wouldn't they have one for him?

And what does the minifigures not being ready for display have anything to do with Mandarin's rings? :wacko:

I'm betting Iron Patriot will either be in an exclusive set or a special promotion. I mean I don't see them missing out on making it.

As for Mandarin's rings I honestly don't see the point. There's not a practical solution to them really. After all Lego people don't have fingers... I mean the ring piece only barely works for Lord of the Rings (I'm sorry but it just looks a bit silly to be wearing one gigantic ring that takes up an entire hand).

The only way I see Mandarin having rings is if they're printed on (And that seems pretty unlikely considering they didn't even bother to give Spiderman his boots).

Why would they make a secret out of it? As you said yourself, the Patriot armor is one of the things they are promoting the movie with, so everybody knows about it already. Plus it seems they have a codename for Rescue, so even if they were keeping the Iron Patriot a secret, why wouldn't they have one for him?

And what does the minifigures not being ready for display have anything to do with Mandarin's rings? :wacko:

Well, if the minifigures aren't on display, that means that their accesories aren't either. So I'm hoping for rings, but not to the point I'm expecting.

What if Heartbreaker isn't a code for Rescue, just a described for the new Iron Man suit included.

If it is I would expect the set to have

Iron Man, Rescue, Iron Patriot, and The Mandarin

If they don't make Iron Patriot or save him for some exclusive, I swear I'm gonna snap.

Him not having his rings isn't going to make me buy it. I really do not care about the rings, even if they do play a huge role in the movie/comics. A LEGO minifigure with 10 rings wouldn't work. I'm glad they made the LOTR ring, but outside of having Frodo carry one, I don't have a purpose for it. And I think I have at least 5 or more now that just sit there. I guess I could almost complete the Mandarin's jewelry collection soon.

And at the very least I do hope TLG has an exclusive figure like the Hulk last year. It guarantees TLG my money and I get yet another awesome figure for my collection. The question becomes, do I want to buy the winter wave sets when the minifigure is released (if there is one) or do I just go ahead and wait to buy the Iron Man sets then too. hmm, decisions..

Edited by TheLegoDr