CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

50003 - LEGO Games - Batman

Edited by nrg

Hi everyone, I just got my 2013 catalogue today and for some reason the Bat Vs Tumbler isnt in it? All the other 2013 sets are but not that. Does anyone know why this is?

^ I don't know why that is, hopefully they haven't ran out of them, I'm still awaiting for my 2013 catalogue and I haven't had one for a few months now :sad:

^ I don't know why that is, hopefully they haven't ran out of them, I'm still awaiting for my 2013 catalogue and I haven't had one for a few months now :sad:

I hope not. I doubt they would have done though as it was only listed on lego.com for about 2 hours. Though it is popular :cry_sad: .

Soooo, no one has any of the prelim pics from the catalogue? Did I miss

a link somewhere?

If you are referring to the jan 2013 catalogue me and Kez have been discussing it is already out but doesnt have any pictures of the tumbler set in.

If you are referring to the summer 2013 catalogue, Yes some people have pictures from it but none of superhero sets (Only SW, LOTR, City and Castle i think)

Edited by The Joker1

50003 - LEGO Games - Batman

Hmm, I thought they were done with games. And, why does DC stuff get all the spotlight? Batman got two video games, a movie, AND a board game. :sceptic:

Edited by just2good

Hmm, I thought they were done with games. And, why does DC stuff get all the spotlight? Batman got two video games, a movie, AND a board game. :sceptic:

I think it because all of the DC stuff ( apart from TDKR and MOS sets) are all comic book based. It would be difficult for Marvel to release a game without it being based around the cinematic universe. Where as LEGO can throw in as many characters from where ever with DC they can't with Marvel. I like to look at Marvel like its three licences Cinematic Universe, X-men comics and Ultimate Spider-man.

Will the Supes from Man of Steel be a revision of the one we just got in say, that Powerarmor Lex Luthor vs Superman set ?

Most likely, knowing Lego they' want to give you a reason to buy another Supes. Plus his MoS suit is different enough, no red underwear, different suit armor look, and a darker blue, yellow and red on it.

I agree what's the deal with DC getting all the good stuff? Maybe it's that they have had longer.

Hey guys, The Bat vs. Bane set is back up on US S@H site, may have to order it before it goes out!!!!!!!

They may have taken it down to fix something on the thing.

It is my understanding that the company that makes the video games is part of warner bros' who also own DC. This makes any LEGO marvel games unlikely :(

Hey guys, The Bat vs. Bane set is back up on US S@H site, may have to order it before it goes out!!!!!!!

They may have taken it down to fix something on the thing.

Or maybe it's just a sales technique!

Marvel and other dc properties besides batman should got more of a spotlight.

Edited by sologuy369

Well in the summer, we are getting sets based on the Supes film Man of Steel, so yeah. We should be getting more superheroes other than Bats and Spidey, though I get their toys sell like hot cakes. We need more supervillains too at least on the Marvel side.

Aarghh I want that Bane set badly, i hope they don't forget europe.

If the Tumbler/Bat set was having issues, they would release a statement similar to the Friends Advent calendar and only release it at certain places with limited quantities. I'm sure they just had to fix something on the website. As for the catalog, anything is possible, but they leave out sets all the time. They probably want to focus on other sets so they only have so many spots to fill with sets. Also, they left out LOTR/Hobbit sets from the winter catalog. I definitely recall not seeing Weathertop in there, even though I know the set still exists.

However, I definitely want to pick some of these sets up, so I'm sure they'll be released as quickly as TLG can allow.

As for Superman, I would imagine a modified set to allow more reasons to buy them. I don't want 4 Supermans, but if they are a little different, then I'd want a few. Similar to Spider-Man. I don't care to have 3 of him, but to get the other figures I'll need to have 3 of the same unfortunately. I'd imagine Iron Man will have his different suits, so those will be an easy sell. I'm thinking Thor for next year will have something a little different also to help sell him. But who knows.

I think it because all of the DC stuff ( apart from TDKR and MOS sets) are all comic book based. It would be difficult for Marvel to release a game without it being based around the cinematic universe. Where as LEGO can throw in as many characters from where ever with DC they can't with Marvel. I like to look at Marvel like its three licences Cinematic Universe, X-men comics and Ultimate Spider-man.

Marvel has rights to all its comic licenses, so why not?

TOYS R US

LEGO Super Heroes Spider-Man Daily Bugle Showdown (76005): $54.99

LEGO Super Heroes The Bat vs. Bane Tumbler Chase (76001): $44.99

http://www.toysrus.c...Heroes:Category

Not bad actually. Only a $5 mark-up.

Not bad? That stikk seems like a lot.

Well, this is weird. While looking at a dutch webshop, I stumbled across a list of the summer wave, but with 3 different release dates, and some of the set with prices. the Iron man extremis is listed for a release at 13 Jan, and is listed at 15 euro. The malibu mansion is also listed for this date at a price range of 40 euro. The superman sets 76002 and 76003 are both listed for a may 1st release and a price range at 45 euro. The remaining two sets are listed for a august 1st release.

http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-super-heroes.html

Marvel has rights to all its comic licenses, so why not?

Lego doesn't have all the rights just yet however. Unlike DC in the press release last year it says they have the rights for X-men, Cinematic Universe and Ultimate Spider-man TV show. So they can't produce Characters like the FF until they appear in one of these. That's until LEGO extends the licence but its unlikely they will as both the Spidey and Avengers stuff is selling well at the moment. Plus there isn't anymore room in the product line right now.

Well, this is weird. While looking at a dutch webshop, I stumbled across a list of the summer wave, but with 3 different release dates, and some of the set with prices. the Iron man extremis is listed for a release at 13 Jan, and is listed at 15 euro. The malibu mansion is also listed for this date at a price range of 40 euro. The superman sets 76002 and 76003 are both listed for a may 1st release and a price range at 45 euro. The remaining two sets are listed for a august 1st release.

http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-super-heroes.html

I don't think those release dates are correct. It wouldn't make sense for LEGO to release two Iron-man 3 sets 3 months before the film. They could give us Spoilers for the film.

The Bane Tumbler set is also for pre-order in some dutch shops prices vary from 45 to 50 euro...

Edited by Cobb

How much longer are the 2012 sets going to stay around? I still haven't bought the Avenger sets. Hope they're not discontinued too soon (if not already).

I believe they'll be around til the end of the year.

This year or next?

I'm too poor for this year. :( Christmas wiped me out. Still have to buy some LotR sets too... Anyone have a spare $1000? ;P

They should be around until the end of 2013 at least. So they shouldn't disappear to soon.