CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

The higher resolution box art looks great! I'm with those the hope Mr. Freeze has a googled face, too, but I think he has a great design, regardless. And, of course, to get a Commissioner Gordon figure will be an excellent addtion to the collection! I know this is probably something that everyone is wondering, but do we have any news as to exactly when these sets will be released? I'm in the USA and it would certainly make sense to have them for the Black Friday sales and/or Christmas season. Hopefully someone has some info or we will get news on the release dates soon....

I assume they'd be part of the Winter wave of sets which usually drop just before Christmas. I would very much doubt that brand new sets like these would be part of the Black Friday sales - usually those sales are for larger sets that have been out for awhile.

Well, sometimes box art and promotional show only one face when they have a double sided face, check both Batman and Robin of this wave.

I hope Freeze has a second serious goggled face, he needs it.

I noticed the Doctor Doom is shorted to Dr. Doom, and Batman is called Arctic Batman.

I was going to make a joke and wonder if Bane has an alternative face with slightly angrier eyes :tongue: .

I think Freeze would do well with a second face, so we'll wait and see. They gave Harry Pott, I mean Doc Ock a second face with his goggles flipped down, so I'd think Freeze would benefit more from that.

The bigger box arts look promising. I really like this wave of sets. Maybe the novelty ran off quicker last year with all of the Avenger hype, but these new figures are looking great to me (and I'm not a Spiderman fan).

Thanks, Krulis, for the higher resolution images!

[...] do we have any news as to exactly when these sets will be released? I'm in the USA and it would certainly make sense to have them for the Black Friday sales and/or Christmas season.

Think about it like this: Lego wants to move old stock because they want to make room for the new stock. To do that, they want you to buy the old sets first. So, it doesn't make sense for them to release the sets by Black Friday - though I'm sure some areas in the world may have them by then.

If they had the new sets by Black Friday, you wouldn't buy the old sets. You would buy the new sets. By not having new sets out on Black Friday, there are a lot of fans that will buy old sets just to get their "fix," and also gift-givers who will buy sets just to get their holiday shopping done all in one day. Now, these people are still locked in for 2013 sets, plus they've bought old sets they otherwise wouldn't have purchased. In short, by not releasing the new sets for Black Friday, these people have bought more than they would have. That's a good business model.

Edited by phanstasm

Can anyone tell if the bat has one or two seats?

By the looks of it, it looks to have 2 seats (presumably one for Gordon aswell), I could be wrong though

I might be crazy, but it seems almost as if the Mr. Freeze set is inspired by the movie Batman and Robin. I mean Mr. Freeze looks pretty similar to that version of him, especially with the shape of the helmet. Plus the batski was featured in that movie. Also Batman's suit in the end part of that movie was colored a bit lighter (Who knows why). I just can't help but think the designers were a little bit inspired by that for this set.

I hope we get a few more female superheroes next year. We haven't gotten many so far. And my bat family isn't complete without a batgirl.

I might be crazy, but it seems almost as if the Mr. Freeze set is inspired by the movie Batman and Robin. I mean Mr. Freeze looks pretty similar to that version of him, especially with the shape of the helmet. Plus the batski was featured in that movie. Also Batman's suit in the end part of that movie was colored a bit lighter (Who knows why). I just can't help but think the designers were a little bit inspired by that for this set.

I hope we get a few more female superheroes next year. We haven't gotten many so far. And my bat family isn't complete without a batgirl.

Actually I find that this version is a lot closer to the Arkham City version. He has a very similar suit and the Robin from the Arkham Asylum set looks exactly like his Arkham City version as well.

I am positive that he has his trademark goggles on the reverse of his face, and that they are just not been shown because LEGOs trying to paint him as an angry villain in the box art.

The box of 76001 changed. There isn't Lego Batman Video Game anymore.

Also, JJJ comes with a second face, serious and the one on TV.

Edited by Breno - bbc

Actually I find that this version is a lot closer to the Arkham City version. He has a very similar suit and the Robin from the Arkham Asylum set looks exactly like his Arkham City version as well.

I am positive that he has his trademark goggles on the reverse of his face, and that they are just not been shown because LEGOs trying to paint him as an angry villain in the box art.

As I said, I might be crazy. Still without the goggles he does look pretty similar to the Batman and Robin version.

Personally though I'm not happy with either of the versions we've gotten of him so far. First one was too plain and this new one just doesn't look right to me. It's an improvement though.

The box of 76001 changed. There isn't Lego Batman Video Game anymore.

Also, JJJ comes with a second face, serious and the one on TV.

That's because the box of 76001 is the European version, which always tend to have less text on it.

Its a shame that we pay a premium for the licensed sets and out of the four main sets from the Super Hero wave, only one has printed legs.

I find it highly unlikely that any Iron Man 3 sets will be out in January as the movie's out in May.

Same here. Surely some of the sets will have major spoilers in them. Like who's in what scene and who tony is fighting in each scene.

It could just be his house in general, but it could be an IM3 set. Plus I think we're mixing things up. Maybe we are getting his mansion but it maybe a different set number.

That has it listed as Marvel Set 4, so it could be anything. Maybe a FOURTH Ultimate Spidey set ( hopefully with Green Goblin, the show portrayed his Ultimate version well) or something else.

Maybe a FOURTH Ultimate Spidey set ( hopefully with Green Goblin, the show portrayed his Ultimate version well) or something else.

That is my hope. A fourth Ultimate Spidey set with Green Goblin, Spidey, Power Man & White Tiger. I know that is not realistic, but that is what I am hoping. :sceptic:

That is my hope. A fourth Ultimate Spidey set with Green Goblin, Spidey, Power Man & White Tiger. I know that is not realistic, but that is what I am hoping. :sceptic:

Maybe.

Hoping for Goblin( with Savage Opress armour, special head, and glider), Spidey( just like Bats, you can't sell a Spidet set without him), MJ or Coulson or Conners, and Power Man or White Tiger.

This is all based on the listings on that Netherlands LEGO shop, which put the release dates as those dates. So I guess it probably will be true.

I'm still not sure. If two Ironman 3 sets did come out in January then it would cause more unbalanced issues. In the winter wave it would give us one Marvel set ahead of DC, and in the summer it would give us only four sets with one of them Marvel. So unless LEGO has more sets that are not related to the movies planned for the summer I find it unlikely. Four sets isn't a wave, last year each wave was 6 even though one set was delayed for a few months. I think the secret Marvel set is more plausible as it will give not only a equal number of DC and Marvel sets, but also even out each wave with equal numbers of both companies.

Edited by Sam892

I'm still not sure. If two Ironman 3 sets did come out in January then it would cause more unbalanced issues.

I don't think the Extremis set will be released in January, but I do think the Malibu Mansion set will, but it will be the "Marvel 4" set, and not the Malibu Mansion set. Don't worry, I'm a bit confused, too. :grin:

Is there enough contention between the two licenses to regulate equal number of sets?

I am a Marvel fan, mainly because that is what I could get where I grew up. I don't care if there is parity, each sets just needs to be good.

Here is the Nick Fury Minifigure Review from set 76004 Spider Cycle Chase

Glad to see the eye patch goes around the back of the head. Really looking forward to getting that set, its certainly the best shown Marvel set so far. Although the Bugle has 5 good figures the building is a bit lacking.