CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Out of box pics of new sets:

*snip*

both set are amazing but i like marvel and the spiderman set is very good with the car and the bike

the car will be the best with the quinjet and the avengers

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
removed quoted pics

I like these new sets for the most part. Both are must buys, with the Marvel being a bit more important to me than the DC one.

I love the Spider-bike—despite my thinking that Spiderman having a motorcycle even just for its abilities is still ridiculous—and I think it would fit in really well with the Shield things we have thus far. Fury’s green car is a bit strange—since I think the executive decision on Lego’s behalf to change the color to dark blue would tie it in far better with the already made Marvel sets. The transformation on both of the vehicles is great especially considering how compact they still are.

Of course the main reason to get the Marvel set for me is the minifigures. I don’t like the new Spiderman, but Venom will fit in well with my old movie Goblin, Ock, and Spidey. Nick Fury is a long awaited addition, and I think this is a great simple figure—sometimes I think some figs are just too detailed.

------------------------

The DC set on the other hand is not something I’m super excited about. I expected something small—and that’s what we got. Aquaman is there in ice with Batman coming to save him, but Freeze on the other hand almost seems like an after thought. I don’t like the new Freeze figure—he’s just all wrong—but hopefully he comes with goggles on a reverse head. Batman looks cool—though I thought he was suppose to be in all white, but either way I like increasing my collection of Bat-Suits. Aquaman is great, and while he’s not the next JLA member I wanted, it’s good we are getting more of them—though it seems we’ll need to be slowly collecting them over waves which are unfortunate.

The Bat-Sled looks ok, but I’m not a fan of the contrast between rounded slopes and sharp points it has. It also looks like it’s got some kind of ridiculous disk launcher—not sure how well that will work. Really this seems like just another throw away vehicle that comes with figures that I want.

That new image really make's me appreciate Fury's car more. :wub: Not much more to see in the Batboat set though, but it is still a better image I think.

I like both sets but no more avengers sets one wave and done :(

I dunno, I kinda feel I have enough Avengers now. I have all the figs, so :classic:

And there will be more sets based on the general Marvel Cinematic Universe so I'm really excited about that now :sweet:

Thanks for the news pictures, Krullis.

Nick Fury's car looks really cool now :wub:

Nothing new about the Freeze set, still looks just as cool :tongue:

Regards,

Mitch

Anyone know what those black Triangle things next to Venom are? Are they meant to be symbiotes or projectiles?

Anyone know what those black Triangle things next to Venom are? Are they meant to be symbiotes or projectiles?

I believe they are supposed to be symbiote projectiles, symbiote goop Venom is trying to catch Spidey with.

@Krulis: Thanks for posting the pictures!

Quick Set Reviews:

Spiderman: I like the spiderman set. It has three awesome minifigures, two of which are, to my knowledge, exclusive (Venom and Nick Fury). The car looks cool. The Spider-bike looks ok. It looks like an exciting set. Definitely on my wishlist.

Batman: This sets only so-so. Batman looks cool, but I could get a similar Batman (though in a different colour) in other sets. I don't really like Aquaman. Mr. Freeze is OK, though I find his character boring. Unlike most superheroes sets, where the minifigs are the stars and the vehicle is less awesome, the reverse is true here. I think that even though the minifigs are only mediocre, the Batboat looks awesome. However, I prefer to play land and air scenes, so I don't think I will be getting this set.

Edited by gundamz

It wouldn't make sense for Bane and Catwoman, neither of them are crazy. They're criminals yes, but Arkham is reserved for those who are criminally insane.

I do agree it's a bit stupid to have panels for Ivy and Freeze, but perhaps those cells are meant to be temporary holding cells until they are moved to a more permanent room. Or perhaps the special cells are for treating them (Since both have unique biologial conditions).

Perhaps in the future we'll get an add-on (Hogwarts style) that includes special cells for Joker and Scarecrow. There might be a real logical reason as to why the designers built it this way.

Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Bane would be sent to Arkham because Arkham as the right treatment for them as opposed to other prisons. That's why Freeze goes there. Bane would be there because of his Venom dependancy. In the Animated series, turns out that Bane uses so much that his body depends on it to survive.

Also they won't make another set to add-on for special cells for Joker and Scarecrow because their cells are already in the current set. They are labeled as such.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

There are little problem with the Batboat set for me and one is Mr.Freeze's gun, it's way too big and derpy so it looks absolutely ridiculous. Another minor gripe is Batman has black batarangs, wouldn't it of been great if it had at least one white batarang. But it is an amazing set.

Edited by Jackattack7

Batboat set:The boat is gat and very burton-ish, but mr freeze doesn't have much,apart from his cleverly built gun. It's a shame that they didn't make white batarangs, though, and has anyone noticed that batman's torso is grey?

Spidercycle:Brilliant! I'm not mad on the cycle, but the car is SNOT-y,cool and generally a nice model. And venom! At last,VENOM!

Yes the polybags will be released in the paper 27th October, those include a mini Quinjet, Thor minifig and Hawkeye minfig. I will be getting duplicates of each and I might end up doing a contest giving away all three of those bags to the winner, I haven't decided yet. That's if I get over 1000 views on my Spider cycle picture in my photostream (currently 727 views, the link is in my signature.) Also to get back on topic I would've prefered a set like this, Spiderman, Venom and Nick Fury minifigs with a similar bike but for Nick Fury and no jeep thingy. I like it but I would of bought it at £11.99 not £19.99 seeing I don't collect Spiderman.

Edited by Jackattack7

As soon as I head we were getting a Batboat, I wanted it to be the video game one because that one is amazing. Here we are, October 19th and I am still happy about it! As I said before, I am glad it comes with an ice prison - all for under $20! Definitely a buy. The Spider Cycle looks cool, even though I only collect DC. I am going to get all the 2013 DC sets, especially Arkham! Love the DC subtheme and I hope they continue it into 2014. Maybe then we'll see Killer Croc.

As soon as I head we were getting a Batboat, I wanted it to be the video game one because that one is amazing. Here we are, October 19th and I am still happy about it! As I said before, I am glad it comes with an ice prison - all for under $20! Definitely a buy. The Spider Cycle looks cool, even though I only collect DC. I am going to get all the 2013 DC sets, especially Arkham! Love the DC subtheme and I hope they continue it into 2014. Maybe then we'll see Killer Croc.

Yeah, hopefully we'll see him then, he's the only villain that hasn't been updated. Maybe they'll use that Croc head from Chima, looks evil and Killer Croc esque enough.

I love all the sets, I will definatly be getting all of them. Freeze's gun looks cool, unique and amazing.

I love seeing the new sets, but for some reason I thought the new Batman was white? He has a white cowl with a gray torso and pants. I don't know what made me think he was all-white.

The Batboat is better than expected. Aquaman is kind of a throw away figure in this set, but it is great to get him. No respect.

The Marvel set is neat. I don't care about Spiderman, but the other two figures are great and the vehicles look really neat. Whatever gets Fury and Venom in a cheap set.

Yeah, hopefully we'll see him then, he's the only villain that hasn't been updated. Maybe they'll use that Croc head from Chima, looks evil and Killer Croc esque enough.

I love all the sets, I will definatly be getting all of them. Freeze's gun looks cool, unique and amazing.

Pun intednded? :classic: Anyway i am loving both theses sets far more than that diabolical tumbler. I persume they will both be £20? It's a shame were not getting a £12 set but never mind. The predictions were about right for the bat set but i dont think anyone saw a flying car coming. Anyway im looking foward to both. :classic:

So, do we know anything about the other sets in this wave? 4 regular sets + a D2C seems a bit few for me.

There is no other sets.

Pun intednded? :classic: Anyway i am loving both theses sets far more than that diabolical tumbler. I persume they will both be £20? It's a shame were not getting a £12 set but never mind. The predictions were about right for the bat set but i dont think anyone saw a flying car coming. Anyway im looking foward to both. :classic:

Yes, pun was intended. Hulk_Smash said he saw a flying green car for Fury in the catalogue, so we knew it was coming.

Has there been an official confirmation that we will get only those 5 sets?

Yes and no. Some seem to think that we will be getting an unknown Marvel set, me included, and it will most likely be an X-Men or Spidey set.