CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Does anyone have prelem pictures of next years super heros set? I just cant

take the suspense! :laugh:

Nope, otherwise they'd currently be discussing about them. Expect them within 2 weeks.

-Sci

It was just revealed (unofficially) that Iron Man's new armor in Iron Man 3 is called

the Mark XLVII (47)

and can

control the other forty armors.

If Iron Man 3 sets do come out we can expect that a set for it would include

multiple Iron Mans

in one set.

Edited by CBMM1

It was just revealed (unofficially) that Iron Man's new armor in Iron Man 3 is called

the Mark XLVII (47)

and can

control the other forty armors.

If Iron Man 3 sets do come out we can expect that a set for it would include

multiple Iron Mans

in one set.

Still jsut a rumor, but it could be good! someone would make it in lego. could be awesome x]

Edited by deskp

I really hope we get more females. Lego.... way too many d00ds. I want a Wonder Woman set at least. One that makes sense.

I'd love to see characters like Hawkgirl, Starfire, Raven, etc.

I think the designers have doen a reasonable job in covering both demographics. The DC superheroes had Wonder Woman, Ivy, Harley Quinn and Catwoman whilst characters like Penguin, Mr Freeze and Scarecrow were left to wave 2.

With the success of LEGo Friends, they are obviously bringing in more female lego buyers now. Perhaps that may have a knock on effect one day onto the core themes.

Perhaps TLG will see more sense in making a Wonder Woman set in the friends range.

I think the designers have doen a reasonable job in covering both demographics. The DC superheroes had Wonder Woman, Ivy, Harley Quinn and Catwoman whilst characters like Penguin, Mr Freeze and Scarecrow were left to wave 2.

With the success of LEGo Friends, they are obviously bringing in more female lego buyers now. Perhaps that may have a knock on effect one day onto the core themes.

Perhaps TLG will see more sense in making a Wonder Woman set in the friends range.

God I hope not. I'm a female lego fan and I hate the friends line. It's great for young girls and stuff but lets not dump all female characters part of that line.

Well that's a lot of armor. :laugh: I think it would be pretty cool if we got multiple Iron Man suits in one set.

I would be thrilled with a simple Hall of Armor set that had the Mark I through IV in display tubes and a civilian Tony Stark fig.

I cant waitfor the Iron Patriot minifig, specially now that we know he is going to be n the movie :cry_happy:

Do we know that? I heard they say it wasnt iron patriot, jsut another armor style.

Do they even have the lisence for him,,, thought fox did

I cant waitfor the Iron Patriot minifig, specially now that we know he is going to be n the movie :cry_happy:

Do we know that? I heard they say it wasnt iron patriot, jsut another armor style.

Do they even have the lisence for him,,, thought fox did

If its in Iron Man 3 that means LEGO has the rights to it (anything Fox has the rights to Marvel isn't allowed to use in its own films)

Since it's Norman Osborn in the Iron Patriot armor, doesn't Sony technically have the rights to that character? The other options that they can base it on the comics, like they did with this year's Wolverine set, or Doom showing up in next year's Spider-Man set, even though Fox has the movie rights to that character. My understanding is that TLG can't produce the versions of characters that appear outside of their contract, but can still produce the characters based on other source material.

I'm pretty sure Fox has the rights to Osbourne... and I can't imagine they've come to a trues on this... But I could be wrong!

Iron Patriot in Iron Man 3 is not Osbourne. It's another version of War Machine's armour and is so piloted by James Rhodes.

That clears things up. Thanks :classic:

Since it's Norman Osborn in the Iron Patriot armor, doesn't Sony technically have the rights to that character? The other options that they can base it on the comics, like they did with this year's Wolverine set, or Doom showing up in next year's Spider-Man set, even though Fox has the movie rights to that character. My understanding is that TLG can't produce the versions of characters that appear outside of their contract, but can still produce the characters based on other source material.

Fox owns Norman Osborn, not the Iron Patriot.

Iron Patriot in Iron Man 3 is not Osbourne. It's another version of War Machine's armour and is so piloted by James Rhodes.

Actually the Iron Patriot armor is seen being used on set by the character Coldblood.

-Omi

Firstly, Lego would make a bad business decision if the didn't make sets on Iron Man 3. I hope they do, War Machine and The Madarin minifigures!

Secondly set news. On a brickipedia blog, some contributer said they have a friend who works at Lego. They said there are two sets.

One is penguins sub vs robin like the 2008 set.

And we are getting a brand new Arkham!

Take this witha grain of salt.

Firstly, Lego would make a bad business decision if the didn't make sets on Iron Man 3. I hope they do, War Machine and The Madarin minifigures!

Secondly set news. On a brickipedia blog, some contributer said they have a friend who works at Lego. They said there are two sets.

Well these two sets make sense, considering the minifigs that were at comic con, and not in the sets we already know about.

I think this sounds very likely. After all, most speculations already included a new Arkham after those 2013 figures were revealed.

Fox owns Norman Osborn, not the Iron Patriot.

Actually the Iron Patriot armor is seen being used on set by the character Coldblood.

-Omi

It's a different version of the War Machine armor, Marvel and Don Cheadle confirmed it. Cheadle and RDJ don't have to be in the suit when the mask is down, it was just a stunt man.

Cheadle and RDJ don't have to be in the suit when the mask is down, it was just a stunt man.

Except it was RDJ seen in the suit, since he had his mask up/off.

That doesn't mesh with the figs confirmed so far. Not including the TDKR Batman, there are two other different Batman figs. If the Penguin VS Robin is just Penguin and Robin, then that counts them off the roster. That leaves the two Batmen, Aquaman, Mr. Freeze, Harley, Joker, the Guard, Ivy, and Scarecrow. And that would have to be a really big set if it includes all those figs.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Except it was RDJ seen in the suit, since he had his mask up/off.

That doesn't mesh with the figs confirmed so far. Not including the TDKR Batman, there are two other different Batman figs. If the Penguin VS Robin is just Penguin and Robin, then that counts them off the roster. That leaves the two Batmen, Mr. Freeze, Harley, Joker, the Guard, Ivy, and Scarecrow. And that would have to be a really big set if it includes all those figs.

-Omi

Well, if Hulk_Smash is right white Batman, Mr. Freeze and Aquaman are in one set (Batboat).