CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

One question, is The Bat and the Tumbler in the same set, or are they separate?

They are part of the same set. According to rumors it will come with Bane, Batman, and Gordon.

Maybe, just maybe, the Tumbler set will include extra black pieces for you to convert the set into a normal black Tumbler. :sweet:

I like the idea, but seems highly unlikely considering the exterior pieces are quite a lot to have additional black pieces included which would drive the cost too high.

What I'm curious about is what type of camo-Tumbler would come in the set, would it be the regular one or the modified variant with rocket launchers?. I think this is the set-up where the idea of extra-pieces would play better - since you'd only need to change the top half of the vehicle. The idea of customizing the camo-Tumbler as either the regular or the rocker-launcher variant would be sweet. :sweet:(though still wishful thinking)

618w_movies_dark_knight_rises_01%2525255B2%2525255D.jpg

batman-tumbler-camouflage-top.jpg

I like the idea, but seems highly unlikely considering the exterior pieces are quite a lot to have additional black pieces included which would drive the cost too high.

What I'm curious about is what type of camo-Tumbler would come in the set, would it be the regular one or the modified variant with rocket launchers?. I think this is the set-up where the idea of extra-pieces would play better - since you'd only need to change the top half of the vehicle. The idea of customizing the camo-Tumbler as either the regular or the rocker-launcher variant would be sweet. :sweet:(though still wishful thinking)

Being able to customize it would be cool. :sweet: But if I had to pick one variant they would do it would be the one with the rocket launchers. I think you all know what would be used as the missiles. :tongue:

I think you all know what would be used as the missiles. :tongue:

At least in this case the flick-fire missiles would actually be used in the right way! :laugh: (unlike that weird ball-rocket launcher at the back of the previous Tumbler which looked out of place)

I believe the hair isn't removable.

Hair, head, weapons and cape are removalbe. Only torso, legs and magnet are glued.

Regarding Tumbler discussion I don't think it will be costumizable (it's not Creator). But if we would get UCS Tumbler in future who knows.

Regarding the type of tumbler, I think they will include the one with the Anti-Air battery on top, the one that fires missiles at the Bat. That would make sense.

Something in my water tells me we'll be seeing at least one more Avengers set in the next year or so. Why? Well, the Hulk's brand new mould has only been in one set so far, and Lego like to use new piece moulds at least twice to help offset the massive cost of production. Worth a thought, at least.

Something in my water tells me we'll be seeing at least one more Avengers set in the next year or so. Why? Well, the Hulk's brand new mould has only been in one set so far, and Lego like to use new piece moulds at least twice to help offset the massive cost of production. Worth a thought, at least.

I don't think it means Avengers sets. There is that new Hulk cartoon coming out soon similar to the current Spider-Man one which LEGO might be forced to make sets based on.

Edited by Superficial Username

I don't think you have that much of a case, honestly. Here's a list of big moulds recently that have only been used once so far, and likely won't be used again for a while: Wampa, upcoming Rancor, Moria Troll, Triceratops. The Taun-Taun wasn't used a second time until two years later. I could agree that we'll see the Hulk again eventually, but it could be quite a while.

I don't think you have that much of a case, honestly. Here's a list of big moulds recently that have only been used once so far, and likely won't be used again for a while: Wampa, upcoming Rancor, Moria Troll, Triceratops. The Taun-Taun wasn't used a second time until two years later. I could agree that we'll see the Hulk again eventually, but it could be quite a while.

It will be re-used though as he needs purple trousers and not tan ones. So probably for the new series.

Maybe for a set based on Hulk: Agents of S.M.A.S.H series :wink:

I'll discredit your theory with one word: WAMPA.

Personally I think we will see a Hulk with purple pants in a comic book based set. It could be unlikely that we will be seeing a comic based set because of all these movies and shows coming out.

We'll definitely get one with Avengers 2. I think I'll wait to pick one up until then. The current set doesn't seem too appealing and rehashes Loki and hawkeye. Thor's coming in that polybag so... All this new stuff sounds great. I'm eager to see pics.

We'll definitely get one with Avengers 2. I think I'll wait to pick one up until then. The current set doesn't seem too appealing and rehashes Loki and hawkeye. Thor's coming in that polybag so... All this new stuff sounds great. I'm eager to see pics.

Do what I did and get the Hulk off ebay.

With Avengers 2, a rumored Hulk 3 (with Ruffalo), and Hulk being a huge Marvel character in his own right, I'm positive we'll see Hulk again - so I can wait.

With Avengers 2, a rumored Hulk 3 (with Ruffalo), and Hulk being a huge Marvel character in his own right, I'm positive we'll see Hulk again - so I can wait.

Don't you mean Hulk 2. :wacko:

I think we will se Hulk sooner than Avengers 2, but probably in the form of the new Hulk cartoon.

He probably means Hulk 3 as in after the Eric Bana and Edward Norton versions. So this would be the third incarnation of Hulk.

Either way, I don't particularly care for the Hulk, but I wouldn't mind seeing some new sets with him in it.

I'm hoping that they made the Bat using the needed black pieces for the regular Tumbler. That way if you wanted you could just buy two sets in order to have all three.

I'm hoping that they made the Bat using the needed black pieces for the regular Tumbler. That way if you wanted you could just buy two sets in order to have all three.

I doubt TLG would go through all the trouble just to do that, but wouldn't it be cheaper to Bricklink the parts instead? :tongue:

On a unrelated note, I got a look at the Batman Visual Dictionary and on the design pages there were preliminary models of some kind of Mr. Freeze Sled, Invisible Jet (Wonder Woman) and a phone booth for Superman. Granted they're still preliminary models but could we be seeing some kind of Daily Planet? *oh2*

I doubt TLG would go through all the trouble just to do that, but wouldn't it be cheaper to Bricklink the parts instead? :tongue:

On a unrelated note, I got a look at the Batman Visual Dictionary and on the design pages there were preliminary models of some kind of Mr. Freeze Sled, Invisible Jet (Wonder Woman) and a phone booth for Superman. Granted they're still preliminary models but could we be seeing some kind of Daily Planet? *oh2*

Well we are getting sets based on Man of Steel, so it is possible.

Don't you mean Hulk 2. :wacko:

I think we will se Hulk sooner than Avengers 2, but probably in the form of the new Hulk cartoon.

Yes, I meant Hulk 3, since it will be the third modern live-action Hulk movie. Sure, the other movies are not connected by name, but they are supposed to be a continuation of each other, hence the references in each movie to their former movie.

Any chance of some pics ? :laugh: