CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Common sense is not a source. :hmpf: And it seems questionable that Lego would officially let some reviewer on YouTube leak any information about future sets. That doesn't mean that I have any doubt that there will be IM3 sets, I just don't think the "whole wave" is going to be based on that one movie. So yeah, it will probably be half the wave at best.

Okay so assuming LEGO will still have the Superheroes license in Summer why wouldn't they include Iron Man 3 sets. To me, if there are only five sets like in the past waves I would go 3 IM and 2 MOS. Currently to children the IM film would probably be more recognizable as Superman hasn't had a movie lately. But that's just my opinion. BTW here is the link to the video from the brickshow and as I stated earlier they can't afford to lie about these things.

Okay so assuming LEGO will still have the Superheroes license in Summer why wouldn't they include Iron Man 3 sets. To me, if there are only five sets like in the past waves I would go 3 IM and 2 MOS. Currently to children the IM film would probably be more recognizable as Superman hasn't had a movie lately. But that's just my opinion. BTW here is the link to the video from the brickshow and as I stated earlier they can't afford to lie about these things.

It's safe to say that Lego will keep this licence for a long time. It said in the original press release it was multiyear. Not only that but just by judging on the Sales of these sets and the interest produced it would be stupid to cancel it. We can't really make all of our assumptions based on last year, last year was a test year. This year it clear that Lego want to mix the Waves up. It created a problem last year as they could release DC sets around the time of the TDKR.

With the Iron man 3 sets they will most likely happen but I'm not totally sold on the idea. Why would Lego E-mail BrickshowTV with the news and not one of the many Lego news sites like e.g Brickset. The BrickshowTV is one of the most unprofessional show I've ever seen. They never really do a lot of research and there opinions about sets are based on facts that don't really make much difference to the greatness of a set. I find it very unlikely they would announce such important info in such a way. Surely they would of had an official press release like they did with Man of Steel.

I have no idea I think it was around this time.

In 2010, it was the last week of August and in 2011 it was the 1st week of September.

So I guess the pics will be revealed between now and a month. :wink:

It's safe to say that Lego will keep this licence for a long time. It said in the original press release it was multiyear. Not only that but just by judging on the Sales of these sets and the interest produced it would be stupid to cancel it. We can't really make all of our assumptions based on last year, last year was a test year. This year it clear that Lego want to mix the Waves up. It created a problem last year as they could release DC sets around the time of the TDKR.

With the Iron man 3 sets they will most likely happen but I'm not totally sold on the idea. Why would Lego E-mail BrickshowTV with the news and not one of the many Lego news sites like e.g Brickset. The BrickshowTV is one of the most unprofessional show I've ever seen. They never really do a lot of research and there opinions about sets are based on facts that don't really make much difference to the greatness of a set. I find it very unlikely they would announce such important info in such a way. Surely they would of had an official press release like they did with Man of Steel.

You make a valid point, this years sets were mainly revamps or fresh sets of the older Batman sets(Marvel was new),but I think lego is ready for the next step of DC and make new sets , which if anything Lego has improved since 06-08 so I can only imagine how Arkham Asylum will be(if possible).I to think 2012 was a practice for Lego and in 2013 will be ready to actually prove their worth of these Superhero sets.

In 2010, it was the last week of August and in 2011 it was the 1st week of September.

So I guess the pics will be revealed between now and a month. :wink:

Oh alright, then yes almost here. :classic::thumbup:

Edited by Zachattacx

Has anyone tried contacting Lego about this? I mean ask how much truth there is to this statement, and if so, how many sets from IM3 we can expect? I know they usually can't talk about upcoming sets, but sometimes we get lucky. After all, this is a simple yes-or-no question, and it can't hurt to try. :wink: In fact, this is possibly how Brickshowtv got this info; by asking Lego's customer service, and Lego's email to them could have been a reply to their question. I can't really imagine why else Lego would email them.

Has anyone tried contacting Lego about this? I mean ask how much truth there is to this statement, and if so, how many sets from IM3 we can expect? I know they usually can't talk about upcoming sets, but sometimes we get lucky. After all, this is a simple yes-or-no question, and it can't hurt to try. :wink:

I think it depends on the movie all I know is that

Iron Man's getting a new suit with reversed colors,that Iron Patriot is in it,and that The Mandarin is there to.AND WAR MACHINE.The suit :wub:

Edited by Zachattacx

I think it depends on the movie all I know is that

Iron Man's getting a new suit with reversed colors,that Iron Patriot is in it,and that The Mandarin is there to.AND WAR MACHINE.The suit :wub:

Well actually...

It was revealed that is actually War Machine in the Iron Patriot suit.

Okay the Brickshow aside. Why would LEGO not cash in on Iron Man 3. They would be stupid not to as he is clearly most peoples favorite.

Shall I do the honors of e-mailing them with this question to settle it?

Well actually...

It was revealed that is actually War Machine in the Iron Patriot suit.

Okay the Brickshow aside. Why would LEGO not cash in on Iron Man 3. They would be stupid not to as he is clearly most peoples favorite.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make sets, I would love them but until we get a word from Lego. Sure you would think that they would make sets around the film, but you would also think that a DKR set would have come out the same time as the film. If Lego are gonna start making sets around all the films then over the next three years they will have to make

Ironman 3

Thor the dark world

Captain America the winter solider

Guardians of the Galaxy

Antman

Avengers 2

Man of Steel

Ultimate Spider-man season 1 & 2 possible 3

X-men comics

Batman comics

Justice League comics

Plus any over shows or superhero films that Lego pick up ( Hulk agents of S.M.A.S.H or the new Marvel live action show)

Thats not to say that they won't make the sets but we need more evidence than there's a Film out and a Youtuber said so. That said I would love a new Iron-Man set I could Imagine that his house would be a great set after reading aswell some of the plot points online it could be a great set. Also a quick way to get some of the old suits.

I would certainly love an Iron Patriot, his armour is awesome. On response to the comment above there isn't going to be a 3rd season of Ultimate Spiderman

I would certainly love an Iron Patriot, his armour is awesome. On response to the comment above there isn't going to be a 3rd season of Ultimate Spiderman

Yeah apparently the ratings are bad and the only reason there is even a season 2 is because MARVEL ordered it before seeing how season 1 did.

Sure, go ahead. I'm curious what they'll say. :classic:

I wonder if we might see a UCS/modular Arkham Asylum set? Would be great to get a 2000+ piece model of such an iconic setpiece.

Well we have seen minifigures that would lend themselves to an Arkham.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make sets, I would love them but until we get a word from Lego. Sure you would think that they would make sets around the film, but you would also think that a DKR set would have come out the same time as the film. If Lego are gonna start making sets around all the films then over the next three years they will have to make

Ironman 3

Thor the dark world

Captain America the winter solider

Guardians of the Galaxy

Antman

Avengers 2

Man of Steel

Ultimate Spider-man season 1 & 2 possible 3

X-men comics

Batman comics

Justice League comics

Plus any over shows or superhero films that Lego pick up ( Hulk agents of S.M.A.S.H or the new Marvel live action show)

Thats not to say that they won't make the sets but we need more evidence than there's a Film out and a Youtuber said so. That said I would love a new Iron-Man set I could Imagine that his house would be a great set after reading aswell some of the plot points online it could be a great set. Also a quick way to get some of the old suits.

Well...

-TDKR set is this wave (late) because it wouldn't fit into the summer wave (all MARVEL) but better late then never I suppose. :grin:

-I would go:

Summer 2013: Iron Man 3/Man of Steel

Winter 2014: Thor TDW/DC sets

Summer 2014: Captain America TWS/DC sets

Winter 2015: GOTG/ other comic sets

Summer 2015: Avengers 2/ others

Yeaha lot of possibilities with IM 3

Hulk_Smash, was the Tumbler larger than this one? Link I really hope not, but you did mention it being around the same size as the 2008 Tumbler. :sceptic:

It's abit bigger then that.

Well...

-TDKR set is this wave (late) because it wouldn't fit into the summer wave (all MARVEL) but better late then never I suppose. :grin:

-I would go:

Summer 2013: Iron Man 3/Man of Steel

Winter 2014: Thor TDW/DC sets

Summer 2014: Captain America TWS/DC sets

Winter 2015: GOTG/ other comic sets

Summer 2015: Avengers 2/ others

Yeaha lot of possibilities with IM 3

I certainly think that Lego will increase the amount of sets and the amount of waves per year. This on theme seems to be the equivalent of 20 themes. It's a bit frustrating to see certain sub themes pushed out so that all movies and TV shows can take there place. I know we have only seen one wave but Marvel is just really all film and TV. After seeing the X-men set last year I was pleased with the fact that Lego didn't just do Avengers. It's a shane that Ultimate Spider-man filled up All the Marvel line up. Maybe there is a unseen X set like the Funhouse or even one in the summer wave. Most of those films will get one set or maybe two I can't see enough interest for a whole wave of guardians of the Galaxy, and unfortunately the same probably goes for Thor and Cap. Like you said Iron man is the favourite, I can't imagine how Lego would operate if they gained the rights to every Marvel Character.

Edited by Sam892

Wouldn't you want all the DC sets then? Including TDKR set.

Well, thing is I want the Bugle just because mainly this line is vehicles..time for a change and The Daily Bugle is a building and possibly Arkham Asylum are top wants for me, but that's your opinion can't blame you there.

To clarify,DC Comic sets,not movie sets.

Thanks for the info Hulk_smash! I can't wait to see the tumbler and the Bat. I a question though, is this what the batboat looked like? Thanks again! :classic:

That boat is similar to the one in the set, except without the front protrusions and side wings.