CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Seeing how LEGO has a lot of faith in the Ultimate Spider-Man show, I wont be surprised if we see a special edition Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. set in the Summer of 2013 (seeing how we wont be getting Hulk related sets for a while).

Seeing how LEGO has a lot of faith in the Ultimate Spider-Man show, I wont be surprised if we see a special edition Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. set in the Summer of 2013 (seeing how we wont be getting Hulk related sets for a while).

I don't really know why they do, that show is mediocre at best. Why don't they make sets on any of the good Marvel and DC shows like Avengers:EMH, Young Justice or Green Lantern? :cry_sad:

:drool: If that proves true, it would be a fairly large set $80 range maybe? Hopefully that means the Arkham set would be even bigger in the $130 range. Similar pricing for the two large LOTR sets they released this summer.

If it is that big, it had better include Catwoman. Three minifigures for $80 is terrible in a theme where they are the main draw. :sceptic:

I don't really know why they do, that show is mediocre at best. Why don't they make sets on any of the good Marvel and DC shows like Avengers:EMH, Young Justice or Green Lantern? :cry_sad:

EMH is cancelled and YJ is rumored to be too soon. Also, GL:TAS and YJ are DC, which has shown to not have any media based sets recently (they do have that DKR set coming, but I think that wont say DKR anywhere on it). So all of that eliminates the possibilities. :sad:

Given that it is a licensed theme I doubt very much that we would get both the tumbler and the new bat plane in one set as the price would be high, considering that the super hero sets are targeted mainly towards kids. It would be more profitable for lego to make two different sets featuring one of these vehicles. The idea being it makes parents buy two sets for their kids. one for the tumbler and the other for the bat plane.

Edited by kermit

My wishlist:

Professor X (in wheelchair)

Gambit (would be interesting to see if LEGO did more with his cards than just some printed 1 x 2 tiles)

Green Lantern

Clock King

Riddler (I own the original Arkham set but a new Riddler could be good if its done right by TLG)

Invisible Woman

Mr Fantastic

Human Torch

Thing

Uncle Sam

Gentleman Ghost

They already did a redo riddler in the fun house set.

Edited by super curry max

My wishlist:

Professor X (in wheelchair)

Gambit (would be interesting to see if LEGO did more with his cards than just some printed 1 x 2 tiles)

Green Lantern

Clock King

Riddler (I own the original Arkham set but a new Riddler could be good if its done right by TLG)

Invisible Woman

Mr Fantastic

Human Torch

Thing

Uncle Sam

Gentleman Ghost

I think our only hope for an Uncle Sam fig will be over in the CMF's. Clock King also seems a little obscure? Gentleman Ghost would also be a really obscure villain, but such a cool minifig that I would love to see it. (white tuxedo, white top hat and gloves, trans clear head with monocle printed on it. Brilliant!

EMH is cancelled and YJ is rumored to be too soon. Also, GL:TAS and YJ are DC, which has shown to not have any media based sets recently (they do have that DKR set coming, but I think that wont say DKR anywhere on it). So all of that eliminates the possibilities. :sad:

It's a shame, I would love to see some some of the great vehicles and characters from those shows. :hmpf_bad: YJ could could have have been a great excuse for a watchtower with a lot of justice league members.

Venom? Nick Fury? Aquaman? TDKR Bane, Gordon, and Batman? Scarecrow, Penguin, and Mister Freeze? Dr. Harleen Quinzel and Arkham Joker? The Bat and Camo Tumbler? I swear, I think I've died and gone to LEGO heaven!!!

The Bat and Bane's Tumbler? YES.

I still think it needs Catwoman. 3 minifigs is sorta low for any set. I could justify not having her at Comic Con: they'd need to make new hair with the kitty ears.

I for one like the fact that they are doing a lot of sets based of Ultimate Spider-Man. The show is just kinda silly and not all that great but they introduce a wide range of characters! They have introduced Sabertooth, Dr. Doom, Juggernaut, and there have been hints at Anti-Venom :wub: The show gives LEGO an easy reason to make these characters and put them in sets. I think it would have been hard to get a Dr. Doom fig with out this show.

I'm not so sure about this. That's what I thought originally as well, but it could make just as much sense that this is it (barring possible 'hard to find' sets), making it about seven total Superhero sets for this wave, split between Marvel and DC.

Aquaman and Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze in a set seems reasonable.

I dunno, it just seems weird to me none of the other Batman sets have been cross overs with any other super heroes in them yet. The Power Armor Lex set kind of made sense since you usually see Superman and Wonder Woman together and they have the whole love thing going on. I don't really think of Aqua Man and Batman together though. In fact they seem the furthest thing apart. Who knows though, he doesn't seem to fit in anywhere else either so...

As for this being all the minifigs or not, I would be inclined to think it is. Why else would they show off minifigs like Spiderman and especially the security guard which we have already seen before? Of course part of me doesn't think it is since there are only 21 or 22 minifigs shown. Maybe they will release these early 2013 and several other waves throughout the rest 2013 to coincide with the movies coming out?

since you usually see Superman and Wonder Woman together and they have the whole love thing going on.

Blasphemy! *oh2* Wait till

learns about it!
I don't really think of Aqua Man and Batman together though.

Well, they are members of the same organization..... So I sure hope that we'll get all other JL members as well.

I personally welcome all cross-overs, unexpected batman suits and so on. Let it make the theme more campy, but that gives hope for it to survive longer than the previous one did!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

EDIT: I was reading the Brickset Forum and came across this:

{snip}

I guess it makes sense to have the BAT and Tumbler in the same set. Every Batman set so far has had a vehicle from each side, except the funhouse. (Well, and the Ultimate Collector Batmobile :P) Also makes sense that it would push the high-end Superheroes set (Arkham Asylum) to over $100. Especially with the number of minifigs we saw in the lineup.

I would love to see a Black Manta, but I'm afraid that it will be Batman teaming up with Aquaman against Mr. Freeze or the Penguin.

If it is that big, it had better include Catwoman. Three minifigures for $80 is terrible in a theme where they are the main draw. :sceptic:

I don't think so, not all Super Hero sets need to be "minifig-centric", and if there's a set that could oppose that trend and make the "actual building elements" (the vehicles) be the main selling point, it would be this TDKR set. I mean, a Cammo-Tumbler and the new Batwing? Who would complain about that? This is one of those sets that I couldn't care less about the figs as I'm more interested with the vehicles. Now what I'm curious about is how will this Tumbler look like, will it be the same big size as the previous one or will we actually see a minifig-scaled version this time around? (though I highly doubt how will TLG come up with a minifig-scale version that meets its "build sturdiness" criterion that most great-looking Tumbler MOCs do not adhere to).

I can understand your comment to a certain extented.

But often the following things are forgotten when we discuss sets:

- that LEGO is made for kids between the age of 5 and 16 in the first place (since LEGO started there business).

--> looking at a LEGO set from a pure AFOL perspective isn't really the right way to look at it in my opinion...sorry.

--> because we often want 10 figs, 800 bricks and this just for 25€.

- that LEGO wants a certain level of play experience for the kid (on diff. levels).

--> bricks without figures or figures without bricks don't give the child this expierence.

--> the balance must be right and this isn't sometimes not obvious for everybody why you only get 3 figures for 80€.

--> LEGO also has a cost to produce it... we often forget this.

Wait, since when are the minifigures the main draw for the Batman sets? More than any other hero, Batman's vehicles and gear are an iconic part of his identity. And people on this very forum had been hoping for a Dark Knight Rises set even if, like the sets for The Dark Knight, the minifigures didn't reflect the movie's depiction of the characters. New minifigures may play their part in making a set more desirable, but they don't have to be the main draw.

Wait, since when are the minifigures the main draw for the Batman sets? More than any other hero, Batman's vehicles and gear are an iconic part of his identity. And people on this very forum had been hoping for a Dark Knight Rises set even if, like the sets for The Dark Knight, the minifigures didn't reflect the movie's depiction of the characters. New minifigures may play their part in making a set more desirable, but they don't have to be the main draw.

I don't know, this is a license theme, made for iconic characters. I think it's been made clear that everyone's purely buying the sets for the awesome minifigures.

The other parts are nice, but in my opinion the minifigures are certainly the main draw of this line.

I don't know, this is a license theme, made for iconic characters. I think it's been made clear that everyone's purely buying the sets for the awesome minifigures.

The other parts are nice, but in my opinion the minifigures are certainly the main draw of this line.

I agree, just ask any ten to twelve year old kid.....it's all about the minifigs ! :laugh:

I agree Lyichir. There is always something MORE people want. First we wanted TDKR sets, done. Then we wanted to get the tumbler and B.A.T., we think that's done. And now we want Catwoman :laugh: TLG must read these forums and just feel like they can never win!

I do think the minifigs are the draw for some sets, Hulk Helicarrier :hmpf_bad: , however in some sets, especially Batman, I think the vehicles are a huge draw. Especially if we really are getting the two previously mentioned ones!

As Spider-Man said earlier, I am totally happy with getting sets based off of Ultimate Spider-Man. I mean, so far, aside from Doc Oc, all the figs from that show look pretty much exactly like there comic counterparts, so I think it's a pretty easy way to get these more obscure characters!

And I might be by myself in saying this, but I could care less about DKR sets. Perhaps, if the set that Gordon comes in is cheap, I might get it. But other than the Gordon fig I personally see no reason to buy any DKR sets, IMO. :sadnew:

Also for iconic places and ships, etc. What's a clone pilot without his ARC ship? Or Han solo without his Falcon. Or batman without his bat mobile?

And I might be by myself in saying this, but I could care less about DKR sets. Perhaps, if the set that Gordon comes in is cheap, I might get it. But other than the Gordon fig I personally see no reason to buy any DKR sets, IMO. :sadnew:

I agree about the figs. I am not to crazy about TDKR figs, however if they have a tumbler and B.A.T I would be slightly more interested!