CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Get ready for a huge amount of MARVEL sets in the future. The follwing were announced at SDCC 2012.

-Iron Man 3 (2013: we already knew about)

-THOR: The Dark World (2013: Knew about movie not title)

-Captain America: The Winter Soldier(2014: Title)

-Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

-Ant-Man (release: TBD)

Get ready for a huge amount of MARVEL sets in the future. The follwing were announced at SDCC 2012.

I was about to post this. I am really excited for Captain America: The Winter Soldier!!

Yeah I squealed like a little girl all throughout the reveal!!! Winter Soldier was heavilly hinted at in CA:TFA but I never though they would actually use him!!!

Guardians of the Galaxy?!?! I haven't seen the most recent itteration of them, so please tell me we get Major Vance Astro (or even better Major Victory), Nikki, Yondu, Charlie, Krugarr and Talon. I am thumbing through my 1991 Guardians of the Galaxy issues 18 and 19.

Now I feel old.

Wonderful new figs. Hopefully I'll be able to snag some before they dissappear. Super Heroes fly off the shelves here.

I wouldn't mind seeing a "Siege of Gotham" or something with Bane, bats and Gordon fighting it out ontop of a police station type thing with the batsignal and such.

Aquaman makes me chuckle alot. Biggest joke in the DCU.

Venom is sort of lack luster.

Spiderman is spiderman, nothing terrible nothing OMG MUST HAVE.

White suit batman, sorta reminded me of Night Owl II from the watchman comic. Which ya know.. is ..a blatant rip of off batman so I guess the cycle finishes itself or restarts itself..? Right.

The Gordon figure will be a "Must have".

Bane is meh, not a fan of the tdkr look of him, but I missed out on a tumbler the first time around, and that figure will probably have some version of the vehicle, unless it's the roof top battle, but breath isn't being held on it that's for sure.

Nova? Really? I haven't been paying attention to this new flim flam cartoon, but I remember the character from Guardians, and well, I'm sorta excited.

Dr Doom looks fantastic, and from what I've read in this thread, apparently he's a bad guy to spiderman in the new cartoon? Great, fine, bring me the fantastic four already. Darn licensing laws.

The new Robin took me 3 seconds to build so I guess that's not a must have.

I'm hoping that every quarter/season we'll get an additonal justice leaguer, so maybe one day Green Lantern will be in our future, but I'm not expecting it to be a reality. Wouldn't mind a Green Arrow figure, but then again he's only a full timer in Ross's Justice league.

Overall the figures look great, I hope the sets aren't a let down, and aren't Batman sets version 3. Bane robs a bank! Or Mister Freeze's sky battle. The thing that irks me about this is that lego is in an awesome position to make modular sites from the comics/films/cartoons we all love, and it's just not happening. The batcave happened sure, but what about the daily planet? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that it's finally happened, we get super hero lego sets, days of cutting off strap tie angles and super glueing them to a black helmet with a black visor cand calling that batman are over, what I was twelve, but c'mon some iconic buildings, or at least partial buildings would be awesome. Also, in my nerd of nerd hearts, I'd like another chance to get an Arkham Asylum. >.>

What about the new batman cartoon coming out sometime soon? I think? Will we be getting sets regarding that or are we S.O.L? As far as the licensing and all that goes, Lego Kitana would be super sweet.

Guardians of the Galaxy?!?! I haven't seen the most recent itteration of them, so please tell me we get Major Vance Astro (or even better Major Victory), Nikki, Yondu, Charlie, Krugarr and Talon. I am thumbing through my 1991 Guardians of the Galaxy issues 18 and 19.

Now I feel old.

Wonderful new figs. Hopefully I'll be able to snag some before they dissappear. Super Heroes fly off the shelves here.

Left to Right: Drax the Destroyer, Groot, Starlord, Rocket Racoon, and Gamora are confirmed on the team. The objects in the background are believed to be ships. Notice they are in the shape of the red on Nova's helmet so you can expect him too. Here's the first concept art to see what we might get...

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9611/guardiansofthegalaxysdc.jpg

I can't wait to see how lego manages to pull oss a 15' talking tree, a 3' talking anthropomorphic Racoon who favors rocket launchers and a telepathic Russian dog.

I just love the Dr. Quinzel figure, with the red and black of her Harley Quinn suit shining through the uniform!! Great use of detail. Better start saving money now.

The new Robin reminds me of Damian Wayne with the hood and all. But I think the Arkham city version looks a bit like that, too.

Edited by Miss Kyle

I'm more of a castle collector, but I love these figures. However, I am all jazzed about that dark green hood on Doom! I will need to lugbulk those things!

I guess the real question now is whether or not we've seen all of the figs from the January wave.

I'd love to believe there's a Black Manta to go with that Aquaman... But I certainly know better than to hold my breath waiting for that one!

Maybe, and I wouldn't mind, but I bet that the summer wave is reserved for the Man of Steel and Iron-Man 3 sets we heard about, and possibly Thor 2. :sceptic:

Thor 2 is scheduled for November 2013, so maybe we'll see another release of sets in November next year, like they're doing with the Hobbit sets this year?

I'm just thrilled that we finally have a few real Marvel villains besides 3 or 4 sets all with Loki.

VENOM AND DOCTOR DOOM! Happiest man in the world right now, I so much wanted a Doctor Doom minifig and especially wanted Venom. God I don't care how much those sets cost. Also it looks like they are making TDKR sets, obviously. :wink:

Now all I want is Mysterio.

:grin:

default_thumbup.gif This is for Venom!!

I'm not a superhero fan,but i collect every single number of the comic book where inside is Venom.

Now wait for Carnage!!!

and what do you think....TLG made a small Poly(or the bigger box ever) with LOBO??

Thor 2 is scheduled for November 2013, so maybe we'll see another release of sets in November next year, like they're doing with the Hobbit sets this year?

Thanks, I don't do well with movie news. I'm just glad I got two out of three right. :grin:

I'd love to believe there's a Black Manta to go with that Aquaman... But I certainly know better than to hold my breath waiting for that one!

OH GOD YES! Excellent pun :thumbup:

I can guarantee that there are more figures to be released with the January wave which I think is only DC.