CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Great to see so many amazing figs. Observations:

• Venom-- excellent, and I love the creative part use for his tendrils. Should put to rest many people's fears that characters depicted by the Comic-Con promotional figs will never appear as sets-- yes, the Comic-Con exclusive "Venom" is really closer to black-suit Spider-Man, but it can't be ignored that the two figs seem to share the exact same torso. Not to mention how many people felt let down that the "Venom" fig was not actually depicting Venom.
  • Spider-Man-- seen him, but it's a nice fig design nonetheless.
  • Nova-- Nice fig design; somewhat lacking in detail compared to movie-based figs. But I suppose I shouldn't complain, since at least the cartoon-based characters aren't wholly incompatible with other fleshies the way most cartoon-based licenses have been in the past. Note that his face print demands a dual-sided face, one side with a white "blindfold".
  • Nick Fury-- Amazing face print, again with a torso print somewhat lacking in detail. His face print will go perfectly with figs based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  • J. Jonah Jameson-- Nice to have such a useful hair piece in Dark Stone Grey. He seems like a generally nice fig.
  • Dr. Doom-- A great likeness of the character. It seems like he might use a different cape than the traditional "jedi cape" which usually flares out slightly, but I can't tell for sure.
  • Beetle-- First character I am almost entirely unfamiliar with, but I'm aware he will be making an appearance in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. His wings look like they feature the same amazing lenticular effect as 98566, but hopefully it works just as well on this piece as on that one (a previous part to use this effect, 61798, had it a lot subtler due to a different material and a thinner part in general).
  • Scarecrow-- Very nice, definitely a lot more apparent that he's supposed to be a man in a mask than it was with the last version. Colors are nice and earthy-looking.
  • Robin-- No new parts here but a very nice likeness of his hooded design.
  • The Penguin-- short legs in Medium Lavender are new and potentially useful. A very different depiction than his previous one, but still very nice.
  • Mr. Freeze-- He looks nice, and like some people I kind of hope his red goggles are on the reverse side of his head. Does anyone know if this is based on any particular depiction of Mr. Freeze, or just an archetypical portrayal of his refrigerated suit?
  • Joker-- Nice orange jumpsuit, and Joker's bleached-white skin color makes it usable for other inmates in any theme if you just imagine the white neck as an undershirt.
  • Poison Ivy-- Not new, but still nice.
  • Harley Quinn-- It would be neat if her costume weren't showing underneath her uniform so you could use this either as Dr. Harleen Quinzel before she took up a life of crime or as Harley Quinn in civilian disguise, which is probably the intent of this depiction. But the outfit will make her more recognizable to younger viewers.
  • Policeman/Guard-- Not new, nothing to see here.
  • Commissioner Gordon-- Very nice design. Again, so happy they made the Super Heroes figs from all media intercompatible.
  • Black-Suit Batman-- The wing pack is new in black, and probably very versatile in that color. Probably appears with Joker, Harley, the policeman/guard, and possibly Poison Ivy, Robin, and/or Scarecrow in an Arkham Asylum set.
  • TDKR Batman-- Decent fig. Not as perfect a likeness as the Comic-Con figure from last year, but still sufficiently awesome.
  • TDKR Bane-- Very nice fig, a lot more distinctive than an alternate Batman costume. His source is instantly identifiable. Nice use of Olive Green. Probably appears with TDKR Batman and Commissioner Gordon in a TDKR set.
  • Aquaman-- A very good likeness. His hair color looks regular Bright Yellow (BL's Yellow), a color TLG doesn't use often for minifig hair. Usually they prefer Brick Yellow (BL's Tan) or Cool Yellow (BL's Bright Light Yellow). Bright Yellow won't be as useful for non-fleshies, but it suits Aquaman.
  • White-Suit Batman-- Very stylish. Almost certainly appears with Mr. Freeze and possibly with Aquaman and/or the Penguin.

Edited by Aanchir

Could this be the new batman set that will feature the new figures? It kind of looks like an Arkham asylum. I never saw this building before in a past lego set so it must be new. There also looks to be a police vehicle to the left of the structure hence something for the commissioner.

7567705608_8bf64a59a0.jpg

Untitled-Captured-01334 by legokermie, on Flickr

Edited by kermit

Could this be the new batman set that will feature the new figures? It kind of looks like an Arkham asylum. I never saw this building before in a past lego set so it must be new. There also looks to be a police vehicle to the left of the structure hence something for the commissioner.

I don't think so, it lacks that Gothic design. :sceptic: I think that it's a rejected prototype for something. It doesn't make sense to me why they would purposely display a new set without announcing it.

Anyone have any guess as to when they'll reveal some more figs or the sets?

New York Comic-Con. :wink: I remember the first preliminary pictures coming out a week before NYCC last year though.

Will we be seeing any sets at comic con or is it just figures for now?

The press release only mentioned figures. :classic:

Edited by Superficial Username

Pretty disappointed with the new Marvel lineup in SD - I was really hoping to see some more X-Men since they specifically mentioned them in the press release. :hmpf_bad: Doctor Doom looks very well done and Venom looks OK, but the tentacles look horrible IMO.

I don't think so, it lacks that Gothic design. :sceptic: I think that it's a rejected prototype for something. It doesn't make sense to me why they would purposely display a new set without announcing it.

I don`t think they would purposely display it myself but it could be an unfinished model of the real set. I do recall from the dark knight rises trailer that there is a scene where bruce is in some kind of jail that looks like this.

The Penguin-- short legs in Medium Lavender are new and potentially useful.

Do these legs look like they match up with the pink Umbridge from the OOTP HP castle set? I think these new legs would be more accurate to the book that way, correct me if I'm wrong.

Do these legs look like they match up with the pink Umbridge from the OOTP HP castle set? I think these new legs would be more accurate to the book that way, correct me if I'm wrong.

No, I don't know the color names but these are more purple than the pink Umbridge.

No-one should be assuming anything about whats seen in photos taken in LEGO development labs, they could be anything (including items designers have built where LEGO decided not to proceed with the product)

Oh my god! These figs look amazing! Especially that Scarecrow and Venom! :wub: I'm so excited to purchase some of these figs.

Edited by Puck

Great to see so many amazing figs. Observations:

• [*]Venom-- excellent, and I love the creative part use for his tendrils. Should put to rest many people's fears that characters depicted by the Comic-Con promotional figs will never appear as sets-- yes, the Comic-Con exclusive "Venom" is really closer to black-suit Spider-Man, but it can't be ignored that the two figs seem to share the exact same torso. Not to mention how many people felt let down that the "Venom" fig was not actually depicting Venom.

Lego confirmed that that exclusive fig was NOT Venom, but actually acknowledged that it was Black-suited Spidey.

So we should expect something like this for ironman 3 minifigures:

42845247284.jpg

Love it! Glorious pale gold.. And lots of it!

There will proapbly be several suits and variations for the sets.

Edited by deskp

Not sure if this belongs in the 2012 or 2013 thread but here's an nice looking stop-motion to advertise the video contest including Shazam, Superman and Bizarro.

I might be reading into this to much but at the end of the video it sayd "Introducing Shazam and Bizarro" hopefully that means they will be available in a set later on.

Bizarro.jpg

This is getting very good! Seeing all of these new Superheroes which are scheduled for 2013 releases, is making me very excited. Of course, I ought to complete my Superheroes collection for this year before planning to get these upcoming new releases.

I might be reading into this to much but at the end of the video it sayd "Introducing Shazam and Bizarro" hopefully that means they will be available in a set later on.

But then it says find them at Comic Con :laugh: . I don't think we will (find them in sets).

Edited by sologuy369

I feel bad for everyone who won the exclusive Spidey. All they got was an exclusive head. The rest is the exact same thing as Venom but without accessories. Compared to the entirely brand new Bizzaro, Shazam, and Bizarro, it would be quite disappointing.

I have a feeling that at NYCC, we'll get Killer Croc for DC and The Lizard for Marvel, because it's not popular enough to give out 4000 figures. Alligators/Crocodiles in New York's sewers, anyone?

I'm gonna need a bigger display case! These figs look fantastic, have to admit I haven't heard of a couple of them but that doesn't make them any less awesome!

The white suited Batman has to be one of my favourite figs of all time, roll on 2013!

*Edit* Hang on a sec, does this mean there wont be any Green Lantern sets?

Edited by charlieboy

*Edit* Hang on a sec, does this mean there wont be any Green Lantern sets?

Well the chance of getting Green Lantern in the January wave isn't very big. Maybe he will in the summer Lego Superheroes wave. :classic:

Well the chance of getting Green Lantern in the January wave isn't very big. Maybe he will in the summer Lego Superheroes wave. :classic:

Maybe, and I wouldn't mind, but I bet that the summer wave is reserved for the Man of Steel and Iron-Man 3 sets we heard about, and possibly Thor 2. :sceptic: