CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

All those people asking for more X-Men or for Fantastic Four, remember that LEGO is focusing on Ultimate Spider-Man because that's what kids are being exposed to right now and what kids are more likely to recognize when they see them in the shops. There isn't any new X-Men or FF airing right now so its those guys aren't going to be as popular with the kids as characters appearing in Spider-Man.

People complaining about Nova. Hes quite a main charactehr in the Spider-man cartoon.

Also! They will be making a guardians of the galaxy movie, wich he should be a part of.

My opinion of the nova figure is the red part of the helmet is too bulky.

I'm really happy they are doing Aquaman! He looks sweet! Jim gordon look very good, but I would have prefered his more iconic look with a brown jacket and tie.

Bane look much better as a real figure compared to the blowup-doll like image of him.

The eyes/eyebrows doesent resemble Movie bane and they look too cartoonish :thumbdown:

290px20.jpg

Did you take that picture? If so I was really wondering if the new figures have back printing :look: .

I ran the numbers, and my prediction regarding the total number of Aquaman minifigures sold should total at 72. :laugh:

So, let the drooling/critisizing begin! :grin:

1) Scarecrow. I don't like this fig so far. His wide grin looks a bit idiotic to me and all the figs have something with their proportions. Either the eyes and mouths are too big, or something else..... Something very cartoony about them all.

2) Robin. Obviously a knock-off from AC and something that every fan can make right now. I'm not really a fan of his smirk, but still, he's a good fig.

3) Me. Well, obviously I've put on some weight, became more chubby and older. At first I didn't like the fig at all. It doesn't really represent the image of penguin I have but I do see where it comes from:

penguin2.jpg?w=655

Thank goodness, they didn't make a monster of him and gave him a proper look. I wish he had a double face, but I'm almost sure he doesn't. To me it's a decent fig, that just begs to be customized. :classic:

4) Mr. Freeze. He has that B&R and AC look about him. What I don't like is his angry face. Why? because freeze should not have such strong emotions! :hmpf_bad: I'm positively sure he has a second face and i hope it's a calm, peaceful one, preferrably with googles on.

5) Jumpsuit Joker. I can't really say much about him. It's nice to have him that way for a change. I'd rather have him in a classic straitjacket though.

6) Poison Ivy. I never liked the fig and having another one in another set doesn't excite me at all.

7) Harleen Quinzel. Now that's one awesome fig! I like how perfectly the face matches her Funhouse fig and how playful and a tad crazy she looks. Her red-black shirt is a nice touch and generally she's a great fig! I hope she gets the second face and frightened one this time!

8) Security officer. What can I say? old bruce wayne made a long way from being a nazi to the security officer. :classic:

9) Gordon. That fig is the only thing that will make me buy the TDKR set. I hate Nolan universe, I hate his approach and the only thing that saves the fig is that he looks pretty generic and comic-based enough to be customized and included in my collection. I'll skip the s.c. Batman in s.c. Bane.

10) Aquaman. Well i sure hope to see nim trapped in an icecube by freeze and being saved by white batman. However, either it's my pride or something, but I like my custom fig more than this one. however it still will be a nice fig to customize. And I don't find this hair fitting at all.

11) White Batman. A bit unexpected, but, heck, he looks cool! I sure hope to see that someday! :grin:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Did you take that picture? If so I was really wondering if the new figures have back printing :look: .

Oh no I didnt, its from FBTB.net

All props to them for always excellent event coverage!

180px-Bat024.jpgsh002.jpg?17563095770_f8bfd4342b_m.jpg

2008, 2011, 2012/13

Edited by deskp

I agree with almost everything you said, The Penguin! Especially about Freeze and Aquaman. The more I look at Freeze, the less I like him. He really shouldn't have such emotions, and he almost always wears goggles, so I don't see why they didn't give him any. I guess it's possible that he has some on the reverse side of his head, but I doubt it. I mean, why would he have goggles when he is calm and not have them when he's angry? Also, while it is interesting that they went for an AC-style helmet, I was really hoping they would make a new BTAS-style helmet mold. Oh well.

As for Aquaman, I think he looks too boyish with that haircut. And yes, let's hope Mr. Freeze makes a fish stick out of him. :devil:

However, unlike you, I like Scarecrow. He does look cartoonish, but in a charming way, I think. Just like Dr. Doom.

We have the same read based on the minifig line-ups: :grin:

I highly doubt that they would release the TDKR set(s) 5 months after the movie, it just doesn't make sense at all from a sales & marketing perspective. It also does not mean that just because the TDKR minifigs were first shown together with the other 2013 figs that the TDKR sets will be for 2013. I'd bet they would release it to coincide with the movie's opening, and like as you said, it might be one big set (Batwing + Camo Tumbler with the Batman, Bane, Gordon figs). So if TLG will go this route (which makes perfect sense) then we, or at least the first lucky ones, would have the TDKR sets in a few days time. :sweet:

That would be a so awesome, a dream scenario. I'll be checking the Lego Online Shop on the day of the premiere :tongue: .

Today I'm ordering my tickets for the premiere :sweet: Can't wait to see the tumbler.

Edited by Cammo

That would be a so awesome, a dream scenario. Today I'm ordering my tickets for the premiere :sweet: because the black tumbler will be present at the Belgian premiere *oh2*

I dont really get people excitement for seeing the cars in person.

HOOOOOLYYY COWW :DDDD 2013 will be the best so far! 8D I want all these minifigs. Even if I don't know their names :blush: They are just perfect... God I need freezeman :D

It's interesting to see the set predictions people have. I don't think Arkham is going to hold all the characters people seem to think it will. Here are my thoughts from the DC wave:

Penguin/Red Robin - Be about the size of the Catwoman Chase set. Maybe A Red Robin bike (Captain America bike style) with a small car for Penguin or something

Freeze/White Bats/Aquaman - The Superman sized set of the bunch. Not sure which direction they'll go, but it'll have to be water based since Aquaman is involved.

Bane/Bat/Gordon - Obvious combo there. If I had to guess either Bane's Tumbler and the Batpod, or Batman's new flying contraption (The Bat). Probably around the Batmobile/Two Face priced set. Might include a GCPD car for Gordon.

Bat with wings/Joker/Harley/Scarecrow/Ivy/Guard - Arkham Asylum set. 6 characters in the set seems about right, rather than the 8 that others seem to suggest by including Robin and Penguin. Penguin is normally a Blackgate prisoner anyway, so he doesn't belong in Arkham.

Could Freeze be in the Arkham set or does that make no sense in the Batman universe?

Wow! *oh2*

Commissioner Gordan- I love his face, and that SWAT torso is awsome!

Bane- They got everything spot on! I just hope the mask printing goes all the way around his head.

TDKR Batman- The new cowl is better than the old one IMO.

Scarecrow- The Dark Brown hat suits him, but I am not too keen on the face :sceptic:

Penguin- A figure I have been waiting a long time for, the Lavander legs are nice. Also his Tuxedo suits him better than the old one.

Mr Freeze- A good use for the Atlantis helmet! I just hope he has a double sided face since the one we can see makes him look constipated :tongue:

All I would like now is a new Killer Croc :grin:

Could Freeze be in the Arkham set or does that make no sense in the Batman universe?

That was actually my theory before pictures were released, but the white Batman makes me think he'll be released with him in a smaller set. Freeze isn't insane (I'm pretty sure anyway) but because of his unique condition where he needs to be kept at a certain temperature, he generally is kept at Arkham because they have the facilities to keep him that way.

Not sure if this belongs in the 2012 or 2013 thread but here's an nice looking stop-motion to advertise the video contest including Shazam, Superman and Bizarro.

I ran the numbers, and my prediction regarding the total number of Aquaman minifigures sold should total at 72. :laugh:

Speak for yourself.... I'm quite looking forward to him. I'D go as far as saying he's a better fig than movie Bane...

Come on people, banes mask does not go all around his face. It's clear from all the photos and images we've seen of him.

As a huge fan of the old DnA Nova series I am REALLY pleased to see Nova is going to be made next year and after the work Geoff Johns has done on Aquaman since Brightest Day, I'm also keen to get Aquaman so I will try and aim to get both loose.

The rest are all meh to me. I'm not a big Batman fan so I'm pretty disappointed that so far, 90% of the DC characters I want are either con exclusives (Green Lantern, Bizzaro) while the rest have yet to be made/only appeared so far in Lego Batman 2 (Martial Manhunter, the Flash, Sinestro and Zod). I'm not as big a Spidey fan as I was when I was a kid and if it's just going to be Ultimate Spidey, my hopes of seeing my all time favourite costumes (2099, Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider and Kane Scarlet Spider) are unlikely.

Here is high hope the next Batman line will be less cartoony, more dark and sinister. :thumbup:

I assume there will be movie sets and regular sets and I would love to see the latter being influenced by a darker tone as well. Also, after the Monster Fighters got their mansion, can we please get a Wayne Manor?

Here is high hope the next Batman line will be less cartoony, more dark and sinister. :thumbup:

I assume there will be movie sets and regular sets and I would love to see the latter being influenced by a darker tone as well. Also, after the Monster Fighters got their mansion, can we please get a Wayne Manor?

I think A wayne manor invasion would make a great Special edition modular set. It could have modular style manor with a new set of vilians-(Killer crock.Clayface,Mad hatter,Man-bat) Also it would give us a chance to see Alfred and Dick Grayson?

Nick Fury, Bane and especially Jim Gordon are awesome! Man, the LEGO Superheroes line is so great. I'm looking forward to what sets they'll be in. I'm thinking of Jim Gordon with a SWAT van and perhaps Batman's bike (based of the Dark Knight film).

Really looking forward to the Dark Knight Rises set keep imagining what it will be. Hopefully it will include the Batwing Banes Tumbler and a Gotham cop car. If this is the case then it would be really cool if you could swap the batwing bricks with the Tumbler to make the Batmobile. Also I'm hoping we havent seen all the minifigs for the set yet. Hopefully Lego might trough in Catwomen and Lucious Fox.

Nick Fury, Bane and especially Jim Gordon are awesome! Man, the LEGO Superheroes line is so great. I'm looking forward to what sets they'll be in. I'm thinking of Jim Gordon with a SWAT van and perhaps Batman's bike (based of the Dark Knight film).

That would be an awsome set! If you have any other ideas please feel free to ptu them here in the batman set thread