hey guys! here's my little sandrail...unfortunately i had no sand to test it so i tested it on concrete XD

it has free wheel system (that mean that in slopes you dont need to accelerate BUT there's no R gear) front independent suspension

and return to center steering...

its weight is 501g and it can go enough fast....at the moment im working on an ultralight buggy that needs to run :D

hope you like it!

i'll update my blog in a while... so wait half an hour if you wanna see pictures of it on P-lego (my blog)

Edited by piterx

Well that looks really nice! Also nice video! So what would be the difference in sand (that it will not dig itself in like some other cars?!)

lol i dont know mate...probably due to its light weight it shouldnt....but im not sure, i've never tested nothing on the sand but i will with my new project...im trying to make it weigh less than 500g

anyway on the sand im sure vehicles need flat wheels and not offroad ones

probably the difference is that the high ratio that it has would be more useful if there arent obstacles like pebbles or sticks :P

edit:

the freewheel is not my invention but i made it smaller and simpler than this dude one

it has 3 rubber connectors inside the white rim that grip on it while you accelerate and make the wheels turn (i hope i described it properly lol)

2cr7igw.jpg

Edited by piterx

Cool MOC! It works well for its size.

Nice little MOC! How does the freewheel system function?

I do not know how this one works but it could be something similiar to the clutch that nicjasno demonstrates in this video

EDIT: I guess I posted too late default_laugh2.gif

Edited by Crtlego

here's the 4 studs free-wheel system...this evening ill post a video :)

Cool. This is just the way a clutch on a nitro powered R/C car works.

3PieceClutch.png

I showed this to some people who aren't into Lego, and they were all impressed by the freewheel system. :thumbup:

What is the white part being used for the freewheel housing? It looks familiar.

there's a problem....the lack of R gear...but if you add 4 small gears before the rubber parts like the dude in the video did you will have it :P

14xkw7.jpg

here's the 4 studs free-wheel system...this evening ill post a video :)

A member of our TT team, Kisvakond also made a similar one before:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=449766

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4727782

Yours doesn't need the 8t gears, only the rubber pieces. I tried it out, and there is a torque limit which can transfer the free-wheel. In yours all the 3 rubber pieces connects to the rim if it's drives the vehicle?

Anyway nice buggy. :thumbup:

Edited by Mbmc

yeah that's the guy i took inspiration from!

the 8t gear is useful to make it work both forward and backwards....

the 3 rubber pieces, sometimes connect all togheter to the rim...but adding the 8t gears it would be 5 studs and work perfectly :) as your friend did :P

anyway my buggy was only 500g weight, torque was never too much to mess rubber pieces up :P