Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Nice find! That 501st trooper, when compared to source material, is actually much better then the last picture. The chin part looks slightly too big, but the mouth looks perfect.

Edited by iPodwithnomusic

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but the head print of boba fett actually represents jango fett.

Compare:

http://www.starwars....tion_vi/tem.jpg

http://www.bricklink...626bpb077.jpg?2

The scars on the face match exactly, so I am guessing we will be getting a jango soon enough.

edit: and for the 501st trooper, why isn't there any hole on sides for headgear accessories?

Edited by Artizan

Im not sure if you saw the ebay pic... but the actual face print is tilted/twisted down to her left and slightly squished. The one in the video is clearly symmetrical. Misprint clearly apparant :wink:

Uhm, I'm pretty sure they're the same fig. :wacko: I mean where else would they have gotten the fig? And the faces look the same to me, both of them. Which one are you referring to, the angry or smirking face? Because the smirking face is clearly distorted on purpose since she's raising an eyebrow.

The 501st trooper may or may not be a printing error- the Republic trooper's "mouth" also looks high up. Let's hope it's the same deal with the clone.

Well, it's as I feared - no accessory holes. :sceptic: And I don't think the mouths are going to be printed much lower, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Otherwise, this helmet is a fail to me. :sadnew:

Well considering Boba is a direct clone of Jango, I wouldn't doubt it. However it does seem odd the they have scars in the exact same places.

Well, it's as I feared - no accessory holes. :sceptic: And I don't think the mouths are going to be printed much lower, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Otherwise, this helmet is a fail to me. :sadnew:

Ask for a cordless drill for Christmas... with a really tiny bit.

Well considering Boba is a direct clone of Jango, I wouldn't doubt it. However it does seem odd the they have scars in the exact same places.

Then why don't all the clones have that scar?

I could live with the lack of accessory holes, if they had gotten the face right. I can see rationale behind it, however, that doesn't make me liking the design more than I currently do, which is not enough to buy multiple of these clones.

Ask for a cordless drill for Christmas... with a really tiny bit.

Well, the thing is that I don't think visors would even fit on that helmet due to those thick nobs where the holes should be. :sceptic: Plus I'm a purist, so drilling is out of the question anyway.

I could live with the lack of accessory holes, if they had gotten the face right. I can see rationale behind it, however, that doesn't make me liking the design more than I currently do, which is not enough to buy multiple of these clones.

Same here, but I don't see any reason why they didn't just do it like the Phase I helmets. What do you think the rationale behind it is?

I also wonder, what face will the aotc clones will get?

Perhaps the Boba face? Would make sense, I think. And yes, I'm convinced that it's just a matter of time until we get Jango.

Same here, but I don't see any reason why they didn't just do it like the Phase I helmets. What do you think the rationale behind it is?

To me, it's basically an issue with the mold, rather with the printing.

The visor is located slightly below the line seperating the helmet from the mask, which is accurate. The "nose"-/"mouth"-printing is located exactly above the angle, which is accurate as well. Nevertheless, the visor is located much higher than in previous versions, so it doesn't match with the eyes of the head. That's what I mean with the rationale behind the printing.

The problem seems to be that the whole face is a bit too long, which reminds me a bit of Gonzo (The Muppets).

More precisely, the part below the angle seems too long.

Edit: Not sure about that, though, but I need to go to bed now.

Edited by Brickadeer

I guess you're right about the visor, but they could have at least included a hole for the range finder. Rex is not the same without his ranger finder. :sceptic:

Oh well, good night. :classic:

It may just be me, but isn't the Republic Trooper face the same as the Endor Rebel Trooper in this years Endor Battle pack? If it is, then it kind of seems lazy for TLC. :sceptic:

I really don't like the new phase 2 helmet, the old one looks way better. :cry_sad:

The Republic Trooper looks awesome though :thumbup::wub:

Well I like new phase II helmet (it seems that I'm only one who does)

I like it too, but it could be better, I won't deny that. Won't stop me buying them though.

It may just be me, but isn't the Republic Trooper face the same as the Endor Rebel Trooper in this years Endor Battle pack? If it is, then it kind of seems lazy for TLC. :sceptic:

I don't know if it is, but they're both BPs. TLG reuses faces in BPs all the time.

Well, they're not exactly the same fig as the guy has more than 10 available with 2 sold so far, so the pic could be of any one... however, I was totally wrong on it being a misprint from the looks of it, so my sincerest apologies. I understand about it being a raised eyebrow smirk now, I just don't think its done particularly well in my opinion, it just looks like a misprint. (guess putting every sort of printing under scrutiny since doing it for a job has ruined my natural perception :wacko:

Can't understand the hate for the 501st trooper? Visor in the wrong place? No figure is THAT accurate and printing is at best 'inspired by' rather than based on the real thing. More concerned with the blue arms (why not just print a stripe?). All told, I'll be building an army of them anyway!

Hello, I'm a new member.

I joined eurobricks today (almost yesterday at the time I posted this), after almost 3 months of only reading the forums.

The first time I saw the new 2013 droideka's I didn't know what to think about them, but I thought buying the sets was a very good way to get some droideka's with entirely the same design. Too, I thought the droideka's don't look very hard to build, so I started building them, while wondering why not someone did that already, though even some official minifigs surfaced for sale on ebay.

I spent some time figuring out how to post flickr pictures here, but it didn't work, mainly because some kind of rights at flickr pictures, and because there was only a how-to-post-pictures-of-brickshelf tutorial at eurobricks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77259875@N05/8186284254/in/photostream/

The minifig is complete and all colors are right, except the trans-blue sensor, that should be trans-red. I thought I don't own that piece, but it turns out being in the malevolence.

I actually like the lego droideka very much. My only complaint is that its arms aren't attached to the middle, and because of that it is missing something there. (see http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Droidekapromo.jpg)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77259875@N05/8186288154/in/photostream/

Destroyer Droid in rolling position. Usually, one would roll it like the first position, but then it will not roll all that good. Preferably, you detach the three legs, turn them the other way around, and then fold it. this makes it actually roll very good, and that does encourage some clone-bowling :tongue: (very addictive). (If some would like a short video about the destroyer droid rolling, I could upload that.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77259875@N05/8186286156/in/photostream/

Comparing the 2013 with the older ones. left to right: 2002, 2007, 2011 and 2013 version.

I don't own yet any other droideka's then the 2007 version, but I managed to build some not-color-accurate versions, only to compare their size.

I think the best one yet in appearance is the 2007 version, but it is a bit oversized and it rolls not good because of its legs.

I think the 2013 version is the bestest at other points, it's wel sized and rolls very good, and they do, if you get used to them, look okay too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77259875@N05/8186290142/in/photostream/

Comparing to several minifigs in size. As you can see, it is sized quite well, and it even looks good between your other droid forces.

So after all, I think we can be positive about this one, and I encourage everybody to make one themself to, before judging it.

I will try to make & photograph a sniper droideka soon.

(note: the squares at the back of my simple photo studio are 1x1 cm)

(note 2: I hope my English is good enough, and if I made a terrible language mistake please make that clear, so I won't make it again.)

Hello,

Your English is very good, and as I'm learning French as a second language and I understand what you're going through, I will show you a few things

Hello, I'm a new member...

Too, I thought the droideka's don't look very hard to build... (Although Too means what you used it as, we would say "Also, I thought the droideka's..." You got the meaning of the words fine but we just don't use it like that for some reason)

I think the 2013 version is the bestest at other points... (This was the only mistake I noticed while reading your post, the other one I saw while looking more critically, like I was in French class. Best is what you should use, which already means, hard to explain, I guess you could say its the 1st, so the -est at the end does not work, it's like saying best best, you know what I mean? Soft for example does not refer to only the most extreme, but all of it, so there you would use softest, to show which is the most soft. I bit of an English lesson I guess, I hope I haven't embarrassed you, I only wish to help)

(note 2: I hope my English is good enough, and if I made a terrible language mistake please make that clear, so I won't make it again.)

Edited by iPodwithnomusic

Thanks for the pictures TWP. Unfortunately the design of the new droideka looks worse and worse the more I look at it. I'd prefer Lego had just created a new mold so we could finally get a properly scaled droideka that doesn't look thrown together by random parts.

Can't understand the hate for the 501st trooper? Visor in the wrong place? No figure is THAT accurate and printing is at best 'inspired by' rather than based on the real thing. More concerned with the blue arms (why not just print a stripe?). All told, I'll be building an army of them anyway!

I agree - the 501st's mold looks pretty good. Though the solid blue arms throw it off. I can see that it's cheaper for Lego mechanically to cast a solid blue arm than it is for them to cast a white arm and then print it with a blue stripe.