Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Found at hothbricks.com:

lego-star-wars-troopers.jpg

I like the new phase I clone. I don't like the specific colour on this clone, but the overall design looks great. Plus, the visor seems to have a different colour. Personally, I don't like the new pilot.

Reference pic:

640px-Clone_pilot_ep3.jpg

Edited by Brickadeer

Ooh that Pilot is really good. As is the Phase I helmet. But Krell is the worst crap TLG have made, it's even worse than the Gamorrean :thumbdown:.

The phase I one clone looks really good and same for the new clone pilot, almost exact the same as the pic you showed. So great job TLG for those minifigs!

Krell looks decent, I think TLG did there best to make this one.

Edited by Moexy

Thanks for the pictures. Unfortunately I'm really disappointed in that Krell minifigure. I thought it would be much better and more realistic. While it is based off of a cartoon, it is way too animated and non serious as it should've been. I guess it's better than nothing though.

Krell definitely looks... interesting. I was expecting him to look different, maybe with a removable head. Still, I don't think he's that bad. That clone pilot looks pretty nice and accurate too. :wub:

I don't know much about the source material, but I would say Krell looks like he belongs under the sea with Spongebob for some reason. I'm not into CW so I won't be getting that set, but I was curious how they would do another 4 armed figure. Something about this doesn't seem to mesh that well together though. I do like his torso without the add-on.

I don't know much about the source material, but I would say Krell looks like he belongs under the sea with Spongebob for some reason.

I'm not familiar with Spongbob, but maybe he looks like he belongs in the sea because he looks like he's wearing a life jacket... :look:

Loving that pilot, definitely gettin at least 2 of him! And the 501st P2 clone the more I see him, Id like at least 8 of them... I se myself becoming poor :cry_sad:

Hmm well I am still up in the air on Krell. I would like to see all the different angles, and the top part fully on the torso because I don't think it is fully on in the one picture we have of it together, before I make any final decision on getting him :classic:

Edited by Spider-Man

Thanks for the pictures. Unfortunately I'm really disappointed in that Krell minifigure. I thought it would be much better and more realistic. While it is based off of a cartoon, it is way too animated and non serious as it should've been. I guess it's better than nothing though.

The only thing really 'animated' about him are his eyes... if this was Dexter from Attack of the Clones, he'd probably look very similar. The head would be exactly the same, at any rate. I don't think the 'stacked' torsos work as well here as on Lord Garmadon in Ninjago (and they don't look particularly great there, either)... too tall & gangly, not enough bulk to him. A modified torso assembly, about half-height but still with a neck post and arms, might work better with addons like Krell and Garmadon than a regular torso assembly.

Ooh that Pilot is really good. As is the Phase I helmet. But Krell is the worst crap TLG have made, it's even worse than the Gamorrean :thumbdown:.

Aww, I like the Gamorrean! I wish his head could turn (same with Krell here) but it's a lot nicer to look at than the old no-deco sand-green Gamorrean head/armor from years ago (I like the sculpt of the head on the old one, but it's just too bland without paint!)

He is way too tall. When I saw it unassembled, I thought the chest piece would slide down lower. I don't have a problem with the look....just his height.

He is way too tall. When I saw it unassembled, I thought the chest piece would slide down lower. I don't have a problem with the look....just his height.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. The height of the minifig just looks ridiculous, IMO...

Well if you look at the picture it seems that it isn't pressed down all way and that there is a little gap, so yes it seems way too tall that way, but if it can get pressed down more I am hopeful it will look better.

Hmmm... that Krell is quite disappointing. I think one reason he looks a little off is that 1) he has such a blank expression it hurts to look at, and 2) he looks very smooth and has a lack of good texture ( the ridges on his armadillo head thing aren't there at all ), and there could be some printing on the top of his head as well, and maybe on his big life jacket robes there could be some printing too. They pulled off the four arm effect really well, but the actual quality and detail on the piece, while being quite large, seems lacking in some respects.

I still want the fig despite all of the flaws. I found Krell a very interesting character in the show, and I feel like having him within the ranks of my Republic forces will look really cool.

The Krell mold shows how much effort Lego put into it, sadly it looks awkward.. :sceptic:

Those clone troopers though..they look brilliant! :sweet:

So I am seeing everyone hate on the Krell figure, time for some facts and concept pics!

8190087810_0a73035d54_z.jpg8190087718_d7b9c1c2e8_z.jpg8189007095_36b92883c0_z.jpg

8189003795_b64fdab866_z.jpg

8190084394_b4d28f090a_z.jpg

If you ask me, I think LEGO got the size, look, and feel absolutely perfect from the Clone Wars TV Show!

Give the figure a chance before you bash the crap out of it, I've gotten in contact with an associate and I will have this figure by Saturday and be posting high quality images and a YouTube video showcasing how everything works!

David

Edited by legoboy12345678/David Hall

Like I said before I think it already looks better with the top part fully on the torso, but I still will look forward to your high-def pictures!

Krell looks fantastic! He's not among my top choices of the CW characters to be made into Lego, but seeing how the minifigure has turned out I can't wait to get him. The new Clone pilot looks pretty nice too, but the Phase 2 Clone helmet is going to take time getting used too.

Found at hothbricks.com:

*snip*

I like the new phase I clone. I don't like the specific colour on this clone, but the overall design looks great. Plus, the visor seems to have a different colour.

I completely agree with your comments on the new Phase I Clone. LEGO did a great job with the color/paint scheme on the helmet. To me, the visor has a glare effect to it that reminds me of AotC when you see the Clones on Geonosis. I can't wait for plain Clones to be released in this style.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

I completely agree with your comments on the new Phase I Clone. LEGO did a great job with the color/paint scheme on the helmet. To me, the visor has a glare effect to it that reminds me of AotC when you see the Clones on Geonosis. I can't wait for plain Clones to be released in this style.

I like how they further accentuated the "cheeks" (compared to the TCW phase I helmet), and I wonder why they didn't do that for the new phase II helmets. The new torso printing seems better as well; at least, the 3d-effects work better (e.g. due to the shadow at the bottom of the breat plate).

I don't think the regular clones will have the glare effect on their visors.