Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Okay, I have to ask (and I'm sorry if this has already been brought up)....

Is it me or do LEGO's TCW Phase II Clone(helmet)s look little like how they should? I know that the helmets in general (Phase I as well) in TCW look different from their movie versions... but the way I see it, the LEGO versions of the TCW Phase II helmets look really different from both the movie version and the TCW version...

Perhaps it's just the lesser quality of the pictures that render us unable to take good looks, I really hope it is..

Thanks anyone for replying!

Regards,

Mitch

Well, it seems that every year now, Lego changes the box art. In this case, I believe it was changed to from Darth Maul to Yoda due to the release of Episode II and Episode III in 3D.

By the way, when do we typically get the summer wave rumors? I'm really excited about that wave since it should contain a decent anount of Episode II sets as well as Episode VI sets and at least one Clone Wars set( I highly doubt we see more than one Clone Wars set next wave just due to the fact that we got 4 pretty good ones in the winter wave.)

I hope the sumer wave will contain a Naboo planet set, with a Naboo Security Officer. :)

Okay, I have to ask (and I'm sorry if this has already been brought up)....

Is it me or do LEGO's TCW Phase II Clone(helmet)s look little like how they should? I know that the helmets in general (Phase I as well) in TCW look different from their movie versions... but the way I see it, the LEGO versions of the TCW Phase II helmets look really different from both the movie version and the TCW version...

Perhaps it's just the lesser quality of the pictures that render us unable to take good looks, I really hope it is..

Thanks anyone for replying!

Regards,

Mitch

Currently, we have no clear shots of the helmets.

To me, the phase II troopers are looking actually much more similar in the movies and the series than the phase I troopers. That's especially true for the torso, but as well for the helmet.

I hope the sumer wave will contain a Naboo planet set, with a Naboo Security Officer. :)

We have already had a naboo planet, why would we need another?

We have already had a naboo planet, why would we need another?

Oh now i see, i don't collect them so i don't know what is out there already. To bad, I was really hoping for a new Security Officer. Hopefully then will revise the Flash Speeder then. :)

Does anybody knows why TLG changed the box art? Sorry, if it has been asked.

The banner at the top of the box is provided by Lucas Licensing.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that the cockpit on the Mini B-wing is printed?

I saw the prelimenary version and I went like " They should print the Cockpit"

Currently, we have no clear shots of the helmets.

To me, the phase II troopers are looking actually much more similar in the movies and the series than the phase I troopers. That's especially true for the torso, but as well for the helmet.

No, I realized that about the shots :wink:

And yes, the Phase II TCW-version does look more similar to its movie version than Phase I, it's just the LEGO version I'm concerned about.

I guess I'll be buying the sets anyway, especially the Umbaran ones. I'm desperate for some proper 501st troopers :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

No, I realized that about the shots :wink:

And yes, the Phase II TCW-version does look more similar to its movie version than Phase I, it's just the LEGO version I'm concerned about.

I guess I'll be buying the sets anyway, especially the Umbaran ones. I'm desperate for some proper 501st troopers :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

I generally share your concern about the Lego helmets.

As Oky has observed, the new helmets seem to have no holes for attaching visors or range finders. I think we have to sit and wait.

Oh now i see, i don't collect them so i don't know what is out there already. To bad, I was really hoping for a new Security Officer. Hopefully then will revise the Flash Speeder then. :)

But series 4 will have Endor, just like the second series did, or will it be another planet, thats in the same system, like a moon?

Edited by Daimar

But series 4 will have Endor, just like the second series did, or will it be another planet, thats in the same system, like a moon?

This is the planet Endor, as opposed to the Endor moon. The body shown in Jedi orbited by the Death Star II is the forest moon. I assume that TLG wanted to do the B-wing mini, and packaged it with the planet Endor because the forest moon and the second DS had already been released in the planet series.

This is the planet Endor, as opposed to the Endor moon. The body shown in Jedi orbited by the Death Star II is the forest moon. I assume that TLG wanted to do the B-wing mini, and packaged it with the planet Endor because the forest moon and the second DS had already been released in the planet series.

The Forest moon of Endor which we see in Jedi orbits the real Endor which is a blue gas giant planet.

IMHO i think that these sets are great (except for the "asteroid field"), but we get not enough clones and one Yoda too many in the MHC, Z-95 and AT-RT sets. I am especially excited about the Clones vs Droidekas BP and the BARC Speeder sets, though I'll still pick up all the others.

I must say I agree with everyone else about the AT-RT. Personally I'd like to see one come with a proper AT-RT driver also.

As an Original Trilogy fan, the A-wing is temporarily top one on my list for next year, to be honest, the minifigures seem pretty neat, especially the A-wing pilot. Han solo should have had a plain shirt, without pockets on it, as it looks messy with them. Admiral Ackbar is the same but still looks good. The ship itself is OK, but it seems like it was done at the last minute, but nevertheless, I still would go for this one.

I'm not sure we will get a "normal" official picture of the Z-95 Headhunter until just before release because of General Krell. This is one of LEGO's most daring and unique figures they have ever made and I'm sure they want to get him absolutely perfect before the officially show it to us. That is just my opinion though.

I'm not sure we will get a "normal" official picture of the Z-95 Headhunter until just before release because of General Krell. This is one of LEGO's most daring and unique figures they have ever made and I'm sure they want to get him absolutely perfect before the officially show it to us. That is just my opinion though.

He's on the box cover, so I think he's done.

Thank you very much for the pictures! :classic:

The A-Wing and the Rancor Pit look amazing! :oh:

The only thing I don't like is that Han Solo has his regular (new, but nevertheless already known) torso and not a camounflaged torso. :thumbdown:

I'm excited when the list for the summer sets will appear.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Yeah, the lack of camo-Han is disappointing. I think that's the only outfit of Han's yet to be released.

ITt could possibly be released in a set with an Ewok Village Leia and Luke though, we're still yet to get them...

This Han is still accurate: these are the clothes (pockets and all) he wears whilst on-board the Rebel ship, with Ackbar and the other Rebel leaders (thus the inclusion of Ackbar). But yes, I do lament the fact that we do not have an Endor Han yet.

An Ewok village would be cool! It would be a pretty unusual set for LEGO to make, so maybe selling it as an Exclusive Set would be fitting.

:laugh: