Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Wow, haven't looked at this topic for a day and i come back to discover i've missed a rumor list and about 5 pages of discussion about it! I can't say i'm beside myself from excitement after looking at the list, but there are a few sets that sound quite interesting to me and that i will be watching closely as more information becomes available.

• An Old Republic battlepack? I'll probably be wanting multiples of that one!
  • I'm hoping for a good thorough redesign of the A-Wing. The minifig selection doesn't sound too bad either with a pilot, Admiral Ackbar and... Han? What's he doing in there? Endor version of Han would be nice though!
  • Not sure what to think of the Z-95 yet. So far i have a slight preference for the EU version, but the possible inclusion of a Krell minifigure does sound exciting!

Then there are the planet sets. The past waves weren't bad, but i only picked up the Death Star. But these...

• A Kamino planet set without Kaminoan? I'm sure hoping they're going to correct that before release, or there will be lots of disappointed fans.
  • Does anyone know what a Republic Assault Striker is? I tried to google it, but with no result...
  • An asteroid actually could be interesting, but yet another TIE Pilot?

The Republic Assault Striker is an Acclamator class ship, seen in ep 2.

Edited by Hulk_Smash

Am I the only one surprised the we are not seeing a Bare Chested Darth Maul mounted on a set of "Spyclops" legs this go round? I just figured that since he was so prominent in CW season 4 and is planned heavily for 5, and since we see him so prominently on the boxes and in marketing materials, that something would feature him?

Thanks for the information!

I'm actually rather disappointed with the asteroid, of all things. I would have liked a "plastic potato" thing, just for comedic value, but if it's actually just a simulation of space with asteroids drawn on... :sceptic:

I'm sorry if this has been said but if the Clone Headhunter is from the episode 'Darkness On Umbara' with Pong Krell (Also in that episode) with means we could get a Phase 2 Rex and/or Fives!

Brilliant! :sweet:

Thanks for the information!

I'm actually rather disappointed with the asteroid, of all things. I would have liked a "plastic potato" thing, just for comedic value, but if it's actually just a simulation of space with asteroids drawn on... :sceptic:

Nobody ever said it was going to be like that. In fact, Hulk_Smash already said it was going to be an actual asteroid.*

(...For those who tend to take things too seriously: no, not a real asteroid from space. :tongue:)

*If I recall correctly.

Edited by General Magma

I'm sorry if this has been said but if the Clone Headhunter is from the episode 'Darkness On Umbara' with Pong Krell (Also in that episode) with means we could get a Phase 2 Rex and/or Fives!

Brilliant! :sweet:

It is probable.

Nobody ever said it was going to be like that. In fact, Hulk_Smash already said it was going to be an actual asteroid.

(...For those who tend to take things too seriously: no, not a real asteroid from space. :tongue:)

Actually I never said it was an actual asteroid, in fact it is listed in the catalogue as asteroid belt.

It is probable.

Actually I never said it was an actual asteroid, in fact it is listed in the catalogue as asteroid belt.

Hulk Smash, For the Clones in the Battle back, did you see any markings on them (colors) or there names listed below the picture?

For the AT-RT, you said it was blue, was it light grey with blue color scheme mixed into it?

For the HeadHunter, how big was it, did it look thin or thick?

Could you see any weapons or differences in the weapons between the sets?

Also, I thought I'd like to point out something out to everyone!

LEGO makes these sets 2 years in advance for some of you who didn't already know that. This wave that were hearing about was decided back in 2010. LEGO has already decided and prototyped models for waves coming in 2014! This new 2013 Winter Wave already has its instructions printed and is being molded and assembled in the factory's over in Europe! This has been confirmed by a LEGO official from the company at BrickFair 2 weeks ago. Just thought I'd point that out. (for those who didn't already know that)

Hulk Smash, For the Clones in the Battle back, did you see any markings on them (colors) or there names listed below the picture?

For the AT-RT, you said it was blue, was it light grey with blue color scheme mixed into it?

For the HeadHunter, how big was it, did it look thin or thick?

Could you see any weapons or differences in the weapons between the sets?

Also, I thought I'd like to point out something out to everyone!

LEGO makes these sets 2 years in advance for some of you who didn't already know that. This wave that were hearing about was decided back in 2010. LEGO has already decided and prototyped models for waves coming in 2014! This new 2013 Winter Wave already has its instructions printed and is being molded and assembled in the factory's over in Europe! This has been confirmed by a LEGO official from the company at BrickFair 2 weeks ago. Just thought I'd point that out. (for those who didn't already know that)

The clones were just normal clones with no names, but these were prelim pics so they were just using stock figures.

The AT-RT had alot of blue on it.

The Z-95 box looked long.

The only weapons I saw were lightsabers.

The clones were just normal clones with no names, but these were prelim pics so they were just using stock figures.

The AT-RT had alot of blue on it.

The Z-95 box looked long.

The only weapons I saw were lightsabers.

Interesting.. Thank You!

no problem

Thanks for all the info you have given us throughout the day Hulk-Smash we really appreciate it. :sweet: One last thing- did the guy who works in that toy store know when the catalogue pics are allowed to be shown to the public? Also would it be possible to convince him to release some sneaky pics some time soon :wink: .

Thanks for all the info you have given us throughout the day Hulk-Smash we really appreciate it. :sweet: One last thing- did the guy who works in that toy store know when the catalogue pics are allowed to be shown to the public? Also would it be possible to convince him to release some sneaky pics some time soon :wink: .

I don't know, but she knows I love lego so always shows me when she gets the catalogue :laugh:

Not sure about the pics though.

I'm going to throw in my two cents here:

Kamino Planet: Why an astromech droid? A clone, or even better, a Kaminoan would be better suited :sceptic:

Coruscant Planet: Great for clone and PT collectors like myself! More clone pilots are always welcome!

Astroid Belt: Another TIE pilot in the planet sets? I hope they make the figure special in some way... :hmpf:

Old Republic BP: Sounds cool. Not an EU collector myself, however

Clone BP: I will definitely pick up a few of these :sweet: I only have one Droideka! I hope they improve the Droideka design

A-WING: This year we got the X-Wing, Y-Wing and B-Wing, so it makes sense. Another opportunity for Ackbar! :wub:

AT-RT: sounds cool! I hope it's well designed. Great for army builders. :classic:

Z-95 Headhunter: Actually sounds pretty cool! I think that I might have to pick up a few of these! :drool: Great opportunity for some phase II clones, and 501st clones!

Rancor pit: :wub_drool:

This wave of sets will be kinder on my wallet, and now that I know the list, I feel more comfortable buying some of the sets out currently!

I wonder what the exclusives are going to be. EP II sets?

I think that we will see more EP II sets in the summer wave.

Thanks again hulk smash. Interesting that they're releasing the z95 when the x-wing and swtor Republic Striker are on the shelves too. So is the asteroid a black sphere with asteroids printed on it?

Thanks again hulk smash. Interesting that they're releasing the z95 when the x-wing and swtor Republic Striker are on the shelves too. So is the asteroid a black sphere with asteroids printed on it?

That's what it looks like.

I'm glad to see that we're getting some new Droidikas - picking up that set. The Old Republic sets don't really interest me. Do you think the Kamino and Jedi Starfighter will come with a new Obi-Wan?

I'm glad to see that we're getting some new Droidikas - picking up that set. The Old Republic sets don't really interest me. Do you think the Kamino and Jedi Starfighter will come with a new Obi-Wan?

No Kamino comes with R4-P17 (which is kinda silly in my book, I want a Kaminoan!)

What I find is wierd is that the Z-95 Headhunter is mentioned in Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2 book.I read a page and it said there were Z-95 Headhunters. I suppose it wasn't just for the Clone Wars...

What I find is wierd is that the Z-95 Headhunter is mentioned in Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2 book.I read a page and it said there were Z-95 Headhunters. I suppose it wasn't just for the Clone Wars...

the z-95's have been around for a very long time.

So with the info I have gathered from reading about the upcoming sets we are getting a z-95 headhunter with Pong Krell and a new blue AT- RT. that reminded me that the Umbara episodes used a blue 501st AT-RT so I'm pretty sure we will get phase II Rex and 501st clones! This would make me more excited for another AT-RT. Also Admiral Ackbar doesn't seem to make sense until I remembered the bluray deleted scene Mon Calamari A-wing pilot. Hasbro made that figure recently and would make me think ackbar is a prelim placeholder. If we get a Mon Calamari A-wing pilot and Endor Han it would totally change my initial dislike of another A-wing release!

Just wanted to share with you this link where it rounds up every rumor in the internet about LEGO Star Wars 2013.

http://www.madbricks.com/2012/08/17/lego-star-wars-2013-rumors-pictures-until-now/ So if you have any rumors just post them on the comment section!

By the way, Hulk_Smash, thank you very much for providing so many information! How did you know it?

I have seen the retail catalogue.

It'll be interesting to see how they did Pong Krell, considering this'll probably be the only set he'll ever be in.

Edited by Rune Haako