Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

The fig with the lightsabre looks like Obi Wan, he has ginger hair, and a blue lightsabre.

I agree and when I look into it very thoroughly next to him I think I see Darth Maul - cape. I hope my eyes dont deceive me thought.

Edited by augustus

So, no 'Fig previews at Comic Con? :cry_sad:

Sadly. I hoped too , at least one new fig will be reveald.

It better look good under Jabba's palace :pir-grin: The rancor mold looks awesome. like as much as the wampa (that means a lot)

In that pic (prototype shelf), it looks as though Obi-Wan is standing on a Ninjago spinner. :wacko: Based on his hair, and the look of the structure, I would guess that this was a prototype for a Mustafar Base set. Anakin and Obi-Wan would have spinners, so that they could duel. :sick:

I much prefer what we actually got (Anakin's JSF).

I don't think there will be anything to support the tower because of the door one the first floor. If a droid dungeon was under it how would a minifig get in the door? *oh2*

Don't forget there's also that upcoming Scholastic Lego book with a new Anakin, Padme and Jango on the cover.

f9mg74.jpg

Hmmm, interesting! Don't believe we've had a jango recently. I think it's pretty safe to say that we will probably get a set with jango in it with the 2013 wave. Maybe a slave 1? :wub:

The pics of the Lego prototype room are very interesting. I seem to notice more every time I look at it! I'd say the hidden set is a mustafar playset. But then again, these are only prototypes, so who knows if they will see the light of day.

I think that TLG is probably saving any big reveals for Celebration VI next month. We'll probably see the early 2013 sets and new packaging then - (everything is changing over from Maul to Yoda for EpII rerelease).

For those interested, here a link to the LEGO designer room with most of the sets identified:

This is the link

That means we will actualy get that Lotr tower, Ucs slave I, Ucs probe droid,...or its just stuff that will never see mass-production?

Edited by Cedric the Brick

That means we will actualy get that Lotr tower, Ucs slave I, Ucs probe droid,...or its just stuff that will never see mass-production?

Unlikely we will get all of them, however a fair amount of them have been made. All comes down to which prototype they see as marketable.

Unlikely we will get all of them, however a fair amount of them have been made. All comes down to which prototype they see as marketable.

Yeah, I don't see much of a demand for Watto. I'd love to get the Probe Droid and FX-6, but I think they fall in the Watto category as well. Maybe TLG will throw us a bone and make the instructions available for those sets that don't stand a chance of being produced.

Wasn't one of the rumors for 2013 that one of the sets would involve a lot of droids? What could that be?

1. A new Sandcrawler? (We're due for one.)

2. A new MTT? (less likely, it hasn't been as long and is not as iconic a vehicle)

3. A Droid torture chamber to go under the small tower of Jabba's Palace next to the Rancor pit? (possible but is so I would have expected to see at a minimum an attachment point on the Rancor Pit)

4. A Droid Factory on Geonosis playset? (It would go with the expected Ep 2 theme.)

5. A Droid Spa from the most annoying C3PO episode of TCW ever?

Weren't the mini figures for 2013 suposed to be showed yesterday?

No.

I don't get how so many seem to be disappointed that there wasn't anything more than the Rancor Pit revealed at SDCC. The press release from TLG before the convention listed nothing more. Two years ago, we wouldn't have had any pictures around this time.

Weren't the mini figures for 2013 suposed to be showed yesterday?

Nope. Only the Superhero theme previewed the minifigures. Star Wars and LOTR previewed a set each instead.

Couldn't the sets in the LEGO designer room, only be MOCs and not actual sets? I can't really picture LEGO releasing a UCS Watto bust :hmpf_bad:

Couldn't the sets in the LEGO designer room, only be MOCs and not actual sets? I can't really picture LEGO releasing a UCS Watto bust :hmpf_bad:

That is what most of them are. Just product designs and MOC's. I don't think TLG would ever sell a bust of Watto :wacko: I don't know many people interested of a big Watto head sitting around their house :laugh:

PROTOTYPES!!!!! Does not mean , every set on that pic will be released . PROTOTYPES!!!!!!

[rancor pit pic]

want. want NOW.

seriously, i don't want to wait until 2013. i want to buy this set immediately.

Edited by Onlera

Errr.... Please know that some of the prototypes in the picture are at least 5 old... Not everything you see will in the end make it to the market

Q: not even the Watto bust?

A: especially not the Watto :wink:

Okay, remember, this thread is for discussion of the rumored sets for 2013, which means that there needs to be some definite source for the sets you discuss. Right now, that means the Rancor Pit, the existence of Clones sets in general, and those prototypes. Everything else, hopes, dreams, wishes, and speculation - including specific Clones sets you want to see, since all we know is that there are rumored sets from Clones, but no rumors of specific sets - belongs over in Future Star Wars Sets. I've moved some posts over there. Thanks. :classic:

Now I saw in London back in March was a Lego Star Wars poster that had the characters from Episode V, which to me looked like new versions of the minifigures from the Cloud City set. Now could Cloud City return in 2013, i'm not too sure

And if needed to move this post to the Future Lego Star Wars sets, please do

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2

Now I saw in London back in March was a Lego Star Wars poster that had the characters from Episode V, which to me looked like new versions of the minifigures from the Cloud City set. Now could Cloud City return in 2013, i'm not too sure

And if needed to move this post to the Future Lego Star Wars sets, please do

Can you search a pic on net?

Edit: 100th post . I'm Citizen!!

Edited by nrg

No.

I don't get how so many seem to be disappointed that there wasn't anything more than the Rancor Pit revealed at SDCC. The press release from TLG before the convention listed nothing more. Two years ago, we wouldn't have had any pictures around this time.

Haha, weren't those the times :laugh: .

I like the rancor pit, even know I won't be buying it. It feels incomplete without the Jabbas Palace... Which I probably won't buy due to costs.