Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Looks like the image of the Rancor Pit was leaked a little early. Thanks to Rich on Brick Fanatics for finding the image. :thumbup:

Remember that this topic is for discussion of sets rumored or confirmed to be released in 2013. Wishlists and speculation of sets you think or you want to be released in 2013, no matter how likely (Clones sets, for example) still belong in the Future Star Wars Sets thread.

The Rancor itself is nice but the structure is incredibly unimpressive. I get that it's supposed to be an add-on but I feel like there should be a little... more.

Bag-End however... :wub:

The rancor pit seems to be designed to fit under the palace but the problem is that it will fit under under Jabbas room . The tower part wont fit since Jabbas palace is too wide.

The Rancor itself is nice but the structure is incredibly unimpressive. I get that it's supposed to be an add-on but I feel like there should be a little... more.

Bag-End however... :wub:

I know I completely bashed the set a number of posts ago, but I suppose I do have to agree about the Rancor being the redeeming part of the set. Otherwise the structure looks like an oversized version of something that would have been made within the first couple years of the Star Wars license - unappealing design and lots of ugly random colours (not that all early Star Wars sets fit that description, but a lot do).

Um.. (I'm afraid I'm going to say the wrong thing) I'm excited for that Rancor set. The Rancor looks amazing. That staff the mystery minifigure is holding looks odd to me, though. The AotC sets will be exciting I bet. Jango!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

I know I completely bashed the set a number of posts ago, but I suppose I do have to agree about the Rancor being the redeeming part of the set. Otherwise the structure looks like an oversized version of something that would have been made within the first couple years of the Star Wars license - unappealing design and lots of ugly random colours (not that all early Star Wars sets fit that description, but a lot do).

I don't see how a Rancor Pit could be made to look much prettier than what we have here. The mottled colors really suit the cavernous setting IMO, and help it look a little less smooth and "pristine" with their varied textures.

Perhaps with fully-SNOT wall details it could be done in monochrome without losing detail, but as it is it seems about as good as I could imagine at a typical LEGO Star Wars age range and non-exclusive price point.

Edited by Aanchir

There's not a part of this I don't like! Well, until we find out the price :laugh:. Ep. 6 Luke is still outstanding, and so are the Gamorrean and Malikili. The pit itself looks even better than I dared to hope for. I love the details like the key and bucket! Of course though, the high point of the set is: THE RANCOR! I'm glad we finally get one. No, it's not brick-built, but who honestly thought it would be? The mould for it is completely outstanding. Waaaay more detail than Lego used to have, and I'm sure I speak for the whole Lego community when I thank TLG for that! If this is any sign of what the 2013 sets will be like, I'm gonna be hard-pressed to get everything I want. I love 1st world problems.

Um.. (I'm afraid I'm going to say the wrong thing) I'm excited for that Rancor set. The Rancor looks amazing. That staff the mystery minifigure is holding looks odd to me, though. The AotC sets will be exciting I bet. Jango!

-Sci

I'm going to have to agree with you on every point. (wouldn't that mystery minifigure be the human guard, who cried when the Rancor was killed? EDIT: Ah yes, Malakili)

Edited by Darth Hagrid

I don't buy many OT sets, and am pretty picky and choosy when it comes to Lego Star Wars now. But this I probably will have to buy, looks pretty good. :thumbup:

Man, Can't say I'm impressed by this set at all! The Rancor is admittedly very nicely designed but the rest of it is pretty 'meh' - Though its good that it connects to Jabbas Palace - It'll be interesting to see them combined, hopefully it'll give it a bit more appeal..

I can't believe no one else has noticed Luke has a new face. The eyebrows are now raised higher and in black instead of brown, plus he has a bum chin.

I've been waiting for a Rancor Pit for ages! I think it was always going to be a mold after the Dino range. TLG were experimenting with getting the process and painting just right probably as a test for something like this.

Having seen it though, I am impressed but there is this gnawing feeling in the back of my head that maybe TLG are now focusing a little more attention on other lines........ That Bag End is pretty incredible and there could be some amazing new Super Hero stuff on the way.

Doubtful The ones on the Shelf are Final Versions

I have cropped 2 of the ships - I couldn't get the file size for the Trident down low enough - NOT SURE If these are final versions but they were found at the link above sitting on the shelf with alot of other things that made it to production - keep in mind right dead in center of picture is the Yavin IV base which won't see the light of day...

post-15892-13421329019852.png

Bag end is definitely the winner of the two. Just spectacular.

As far as the Rancor set. It's decent. The Rancor is about the best we could have hoped for outside of a brick built Bionacle type thingy. The building itself? I'm not sure. As a stand alone it's a bit plain. But it looks like a small footprint for under Jabba's Palace. Is there any chance we may see a Droid Dungeon to go next to it and sit under the other palace tower?

I can't believe no one else has noticed Luke has a new face. The eyebrows are now raised higher and in black instead of brown, plus he has a bum chin.

I thought everyone already knew that! You're not the only detail-oriented person around. :wink:

Doubtful The ones on the Shelf are Final Versions

I have cropped 2 of the ships - I couldn't get the file size for the Trident down low enough - NOT SURE If these are final versions but they were found at the link above sitting on the shelf with alot of other things that made it to production - keep in mind right dead in center of picture is the Yavin IV base which won't see the light of day...

The yellow ship on the right is some sort of Naboo Science hover craft, featured in a truly hideous Padme/JarJar episode of TCW. I'm not sure on the other ship? It looks familiar but I can't quite place it?

The yellow ship on the right is some sort of Naboo Science hover craft, featured in a truly hideous Padme/JarJar episode of TCW. I'm not sure on the other ship? It looks familiar but I can't quite place it?

It looks like the Techo Union rocket ship from the end of AOTC. I can see that one being released as some store exclusive with a couple non-CW Jedi, but I think the Naboo ship will remain shelved.

The 1st ship is from the End of Episode 2 - if it gets produced expect Wat Tambor - I believe it is a Techno Union Ship

The Trident on the Shelf is the one from Season 3 - with a Mini Sub - So expect - Assajj, Aquadroids, & Obi-Won maybe even 5's or Echo (Doubtful but hopeful)

The First Yellow Naboo one I can't recall the name either not sure why they would want to do that ship of all ships - don't think it would sell good but Pepi Bow and Chem Suit Amidala would be cool to get - as well as the funny mad scientist

Why is this? Can someone explain to a newb why they nixed this set? Looks so awesome.

I'm definitely satisfied with the Rancor set. It's a great supplement to Jabba's Palace. It wouldn't work well on its own, but its not supposed to be on its own. Though I am a little concerned about how they'll deal with the tower...

Edited by wyrm12

I think the set looks great, especially considering you are trying to make such a large and tall room scaled down to the Rancor and minifigs and still look large. I think the open look to it works really well, I am not usually a fan of buildings being built with missing walls to save money but in this case it works.

On a side note Since the tower is not being propped up it would be nice if they released a 3rd Jabba palace set (droids perhaps). I doubt it will happen but it would be very easy to MOC up and complete yourself. (please no replies to this statement as it could be speculation). I think between these two sets you could really moc up some cool stuff to increase the size of the palace

:wacko: That's it? Just a four sided box with a gate? At least the Rancor looks awesome!

Why is this? Can someone explain to a newb why they nixed this set? Looks so awesome.

I'm definitely satisfied with the Rancor set. It's a great supplement to Jabba's Palace. It wouldn't work well on its own, but its not supposed to be on its own. Though I am a little concerned about how they'll deal with the tower...

It was first shown in one of the Lego books - no reason was given (that I am aware of)

I agree Yavin IV would be a great set for them to make - first time in awhile I have seen the real production model...

You can always make it yourself - lego should just post instructions for it