Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur 2.0: Day Two

There have actually been more than just two people behaving suspiciously. Even Darkdragon behaved oddly in that, if he really believed that I was telling the truth about my being scum, he only said so out loud, quite a while after I told him that.

The "Ouch, my moral compass" thing was laid on rather thick. However, to metagame, is that typical? I've never played Mafia life with Rockford(dardkdragon) before. Even if not, I wouldn't expect anybody playing Scum to twiddle their handle bar mustache and snicker in an evil fashion while talking either. The reluctance to post the PMs on moral grounds should, by no means, exonerate her from suspicion. In fact, perhaps we should keep a closer eye on her.

And yes, I do realize it's rather sloppy for three people to blatantly defend a fellow Scum. However, to put my metagame hat on again, those three have gotten away with much more blatant and brazen Scummy behavior in other games lives. :hmpf: I'm rolling my eyes at my metagame qualifiers, not at the players themselves. In my experience, especially that of playing on the same Scum team as them, (Harper and Horny) they make their moves and rely on their ability to talk their way out of the suspicion later. Cite a holovid we all starred in (under screennames since there was nudity) called Fraulein Bloodbrick where we were a bunch of megablocks and somehow talked our way out of blatantly backing each other. We bandied about strategies of splitting votes and not appearing to all be together and voting for the same person (even in the infamous Hinck vs. Sandy case) and erred on the side of keeping our numbers up, by hounding people in private to trust us. I should stop now as I'm making the Admiral cry.

I'm not saying Horny (Shadows) and Harper (Draggy) are definitely Scum, I'm just saying they're hard to read. They're very valuable assets to the Town...when they're engaged...and not showing up halfway through the first portion of a day to check if they're alive or not. :hmpf: Again, in my metagamey opinion, (based on an early staged reading, called Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum, I did with these people) when Harper tries to sway attention from a person, you may want to look at that person even more closely.

Is that the entire picture, or I am I missing some peices?

I'm very happy to see the two of you engaged and talking more. :sweet:

I don't understand how I edited it to "be in my favor". I edited it because I thought it had a different meaning from the orignal, and changed it to fit Pie's clarification. If I were Scum, I would've left the quote alone, knowing how much attention it would bring me. :sceptic:

Because if you didn't edit it, it never referred to you, so you couldn't use it to defend yourself.

And, oh, look, WIFOM.

How does this "big Town picture" look? As far as I can see, right now, there are two prime candidates for the lynch: Palathadric, and me. Even if we're both Mafia, there will still be other members of the Mafia. As far as we know, The Cop was able to investigate someone, but they have not published that result. There were tow kills in the night, Danylonglegs, and Peanuts. One of the kills was most likely a vigilante or SK, while the other one was Mafia. Which means that the mafia were not blocked. Unless either night victim was the blocker, the blocker did not target a mafia killer. Is that the entire picture, or I am I missing some peices?

No. Why are you a bad lynch? What do we learn if you flip town? Come on man, help us out here! Even if you are lynched, don't give up, lead the town to victory, damn it. You are not yet lynched, man. As long as you are alive, you have the potential to be useful to us. Help us root out the scum, any way you can. Also remember it's not about personal life, the CREW is more important. THAT is the picture.

Other folks we haven't heard a lot from:

Lieutenant Richard Francis (AwesomeStar)

Lieutenant Zachary Jones (Masked Builder)

Ensign Samantha York (Flare)

Ensign Allison Williams (swils)

No. Why are you a bad lynch? What do we learn if you flip town? Come on man, help us out here! Even if you are lynched, don't give up, lead the town to victory, damn it. You are not yet lynched, man. As long as you are alive, you have the potential to be useful to us. Help us root out the scum, any way you can. Also remember it's not about personal life, the CREW is more important. THAT is the picture.

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks Scuba! :thumbup: If and when I flip town, look into those who were quick to defend Palathadric, I am very certaint that he's Scum, and those who seemed most certaint that I was the best lynch (Tamamono, specifically) are also good cases to look into.

This seems ridiculously certiant, even for a big mistake like mine. Knowing that I am Town, this leads me to suspect him. After one sentence, he's decided that I am Scum, without pausing to consider other possibilities. I know that if I were in his position, then I would at least take some time to consider other possibilities of explanations for my actions, and not come to that decision spontaneously, as he did.

>mistake

Nope. You intentionally edited the post. Town would never do that. Therefore, you are not town.

I'm known for my concrete reads. :sweet:

How does this "big Town picture" look? As far as I can see, right now, there are two prime candidates for the lynch: Palathadric, and me. Even if we're both Mafia, there will still be other members of the Mafia. As far as we know, The Cop was able to investigate someone, but they have not published that result. There were tow kills in the night, Danylonglegs, and Peanuts. One of the kills was most likely a vigilante or SK, while the other one was Mafia. Which means that the mafia were not blocked. Unless either night victim was the blocker, the blocker did not target a mafia killer. Is that the entire picture, or I am I missing some peices?

So, what you're saying is basically, "Even if we're both scum, don't kill us! There are other scum you can kill!" :laugh: Man this is easy. :grin:

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks Scuba! :thumbup: If and when I flip town, look into those who were quick to defend Palathadric, I am very certaint that he's Scum, and those who seemed most certaint that I was the best lynch (Tamamono, specifically) are also good cases to look into.

I love how you're accusing me of being too sure of you when you're totally sure of palathadric. :grin:

I'm honored that you're trying to pull me down with you, but it's not going to yield any results, bucko. :thumbup: You're going to flip scum.

:laugh: Sorry. I meant I'm sure Robbins was killed by the vig, but no, everything else has been referring to Campell.

Because I was confused by this:

I thought that he meant that everything in his post was bout me, except for the part about the vig, so I edited it for clarity. :sceptic:

Crap. I didn't realise how much chainging the post based on what Pie had said later would cause everyone else to suspect it. I honestly thought that I was helping with clarity, since the post seemed confusing to me, and so, instead of adding both posts (Which I should have), I simply changed the wording on the first one. (Also, I was up late, and that happened to be my last post of the night. I don't know weter tiredness had something to do with it, but I don't think my brain was working at full capacity :wacko: ).

See, the quote even verifies that he means Robbins was killed by the vig. You should know that you weren't killed and there were two instances of Mandel and you only replaced one with your name. Why didn't you replace both?

Shithole. :hmpf_bad: Mandel and his stupid voting. :sadnew:

The raygun, I'm assuming, belongs to the vigliante like in the simulation. Other than a painfully obvious attempt to make his accusers seem like bad guys, I can't think of a much better reason to kill Mandel. :sceptic: Maybe they're just messing with our heads. :wacko:

Shithole. :hmpf_bad: Mandel and his stupid voting. :sadnew:

The raygun, I'm assuming, belongs to the vigliante like in the simulation. Other than a painfully obvious attempt to make his accusers seem like bad guys, I can't think of a much better reason to kill Campbell. :sceptic: Maybe they're just messing with our heads. :wacko:

OK, as of yet, there are a few groups that I can form, based off of the postings from today:

Open-minded players:

Scouty

Scuba

KotZ

Fugazi

These are the players who have noted that there needs to be caution excersized before rushing to a conclusion about who to lynch. They often suggest waiting for a defense before condeming a player, and want to take time to consider the possibilities.

Defensive:

Shadows

Dragonator

These players have been quick to defend Palathadric, going off of the "It was a joke, let it go" analysis. They are also doing quite a bit of roleplaying, for the second day. None of this is damning evidence as to them being Scum, or Town, but it shows that whatever role they have, they likely have similar agendas.

Certiant:

Tamamono

Rufus

These players are quick to reach a conclusion, and would rather see a lynch of anyone, not matter their defense (unless it was something like a cop's result). They are quite sure of the lynch targets, and do not wait for a explanation. (Also, Hinckley could also fall into this category, but to a lesser dgeree [he asked for defenses])

And finaly,

Offensive:

BrickDoctor

This player is quick to notice, point out, and zero-in on the target, trying to get them to crack. This position is more of a Town-tell than anything, but it isn't impossible for a good Scum player to mimic this almost perfectly. Seeing as BrickDoctor is an experinced player (In the game of life! :laugh: ), don't immediately clear him of suspicions.

See, the quote even verifies that he means Robbins was killed by the vig. You should know that you weren't killed and there were two instances of Mandel and you only replaced one with your name. Why didn't you replace both?

Oh, I thought the body of the post was refering to me, and the top part was the part meant to refer to Mandel. It should've been re-writen like this:

Shithole. :hmpf_bad: Campbell and his stupid voting. :sadnew:

The raygun, I'm assuming, belongs to the vigliante like in the simulation. Other than a painfully obvious attempt to make his accusers seem like bad guys, I can't think of a much better reason to kill Mandel. :sceptic: Maybe they're just messing with our heads. :wacko:

That's what I should've changed it to, correct?

There have actually been more than just two people behaving suspiciously. Even Darkdragon behaved oddly in that, if he really believed that I was telling the truth about my being scum, he only said so out loud, quite a while after I told him that.

I did post my concerns here as soon as I was able to. As you could see by the PMs that responding on my phone is a bit difficult and especialy when having to navigate a long thread like this (it's a small screen). If I had it to do over again, I still wouldn't post my concerns from my phone and would still have the delay you find so suspicious.

The "Ouch, my moral compass" thing was laid on rather thick. However, to metagame, is that typical? I've never played Mafia life with Rockford(dardkdragon) before. Even if not, I wouldn't expect anybody playing Scum to twiddle their handle bar mustache and snicker in an evil fashion while talking either. The reluctance to post the PMs on moral grounds should, by no means, exonerate her from suspicion. In fact, perhaps we should keep a closer eye on her.

Well, I just wanted to get my point accross and it is 100% true. If you (the collective you not anyone in particular) post a PM in any thread without my permission I will react very poorly and it has nothing to do with any game. Just thinking about it every happening makes me start feeling angry. This is just a personal (darkdragon) thing and I (darkdragon) know I've mentioned it before to some folks (you know who you are) when there was no mafia scum to root out of any ships (about a month ago).

I'll be back in a bit with comments regarding what's said so far today, but felt that I should at least address these two comments before I have my lunch.

No. :hmpf:

I really don't think there actually is a bomb. I really don't think there is one.

I am the bomb. Diggity. Beyond that, I agree, I think it was a very funny roleclaim designed to trip up the scum in the simulation and somehow it has carried over to this game, but has no basis in reality.

1. I'm suspicious that Harper (Dragonator), Hornby (Shadows) and McAndrews (Tammo) all are coming to Pewter's (Palathdric) defense.

Apparently you don't know how to read, because I still support voting out Pewter today, I think it's an incredible opportunity. Since it needs to be spelled out more clearly, I believe it will tell us who to vote for tomorrow. If he's town, I'd lynch Rockford tomorrow for what seems to be an intentionally bad interpretation of a joke (assuming it turns out to be one). If Pewter ends up scum, I'd go for Campbell tomorrow.

Are we clear now?

And finaly,

Offensive:

BrickDoctor

This player is quick to notice, point out, and zero-in on the target, trying to get them to crack. This position is more of a Town-tell than anything, but it isn't impossible for a good Scum player to mimic this almost perfectly. Seeing as BrickDoctor is an experinced player (In the game of life! :laugh: ), don't immediately clear him of suspicions.

Yeah, as I recall he did the same thing in the simulation, and we all know how that turned out. :laugh:

And before anyone says it... metagaming? From me? I've had it done to me by the best, don't think I haven't learned a few things, though in this case it speaks more to ability than a direct pattern, thus it actually qualifies as worth noting.

Defensive:

Shadows

Dragonator

These players have been quick to defend Palathadric, going off of the "It was a joke, let it go" analysis. They are also doing quite a bit of roleplaying, for the second day. None of this is damning evidence as to them being Scum, or Town, but it shows that whatever role they have, they likely have similar agendas.

Except for that part where I think we should lynch him today. :laugh:

As for roleplaying, I think you missed Harriet the Slut in your list. *huh*

(Also, Hinckley could also fall into this category, but to a lesser dgeree [he asked for defenses])

I'm un-categorizeable! :grin:

By now it should be clear to you that you shouldn't have changed anything.

I am the bomb. Diggity. Beyond that, I agree, I think it was a very funny roleclaim designed to trip up the scum in the simulation and somehow it has carried over to this game, but has no basis in reality.

Why do people still believe the things you say? :laugh:

Apparently you don't know how to read, because I still support voting out Pewter today, I think it's an incredible opportunity. Since it needs to be spelled out more clearly, I believe it will tell us who to vote for tomorrow. If he's town, I'd lynch Rockford tomorrow for what seems to be an intentionally bad interpretation of a joke (assuming it turns out to be one). If Pewter ends up scum, I'd go for Campbell tomorrow.

Are we clear now?

Crystal.

As for roleplaying, I think you missed Harriet the Slut in your list. *huh*

I'm un-categorizeable! :grin:

After catching up on yesterday's arguments, it does seem that Pewter (Palathdric) is guilty, and I don't like the quote editing either.

Just great, two more dead loyalists in addition to not making a lynch yesterday. I made no advancements yesterday, so I need to go back through the day.

And what have you found? A bed and a pillow? Napping away since then? Annoying post. Come back and tell us more, oh great day-looker-througher...

Well, looks like Mandel was town after all. :sceptic: Although I kept my vote for him yesterday, our private correspondence after the day ended lessened my suspicions.

I don't understand why the scum would have killed him. He clearly had people accusing him in the day thread, so why kill him if there was a chance he would be voted out? I guess we can't assume that it was the scum who killed him.

Let's try to get our act together today.

Great, let's. Where you been? What are you doing to help get our act together? Making any progress?

As for the Scum kill, I think they may have been trying to frame me by killing Peanuts, to cover Palathadric. I am still very suspicious of him, and feel that he is Scum. No facts to back that up, just a gut feling and his gameplay behaviour. :sceptic:

Frame you and covering palathadric? I don't understand your logic here. What would they benefit in framing you? Why would that much effort go into it? From all the energy that went into yesterday's thread why would they focus on the one vote against you? Is this WIFOM? Are you just saying it because I quoted Peanuts' vote and legitimate suspicions?

I think (as has been discussed in private as well, and much better worded by Butch Cassidy) that Palathadric could be the Godfather. So he sent out a bunch of weird PMs joking wildly about being Scum and using phrases like "we're going to vote you out" in other PMs. Perhaps he was trying to rouse suspicion and lure the investigator to target him. If he's the type of Godfather that shows up as "Town" in investigations, then the investigator would trust him and he could make an in-road with the investigator and whatever Town block was formed and have access, potentially to all the power roles. Down with Pewter (palathadric) immediately, I say.

This does not make sense. You are able to read the PM chain, yes? :sceptic:

And what have you found? A bed and a pillow? Napping away since then? Annoying post. Come back and tell us more, oh great day-looker-througher...

We seemed to have talked over each other. :sweet:

After catching up on yesterday's arguments, it does seem that Pewter (Palathdric) is guilty, and I don't like the quote editing either.

OOh, an update from our day-looker-througher. Thank you for gracing us with your presence and deep wisdom.

Sorry for my absence folks. Once again, things got in the way. Luckily I've been able to check the data recordings and catch up on the goings on.

As everyone knows we lost two Townies last night to the scum and a possible vig or serial killer. While this is a major blow, it has taught us a lesson in being decisive. Personally I find that our failure to lynch Pewter yesterday should be rectified. In these early days we really have no clues whatsoever and as such we should go hunting for them, even if that results in some unfortunate sacrifices.

As I said yesterday, Pewter is really setting off alarm bells for me, and they are still ringing today even though a large majority of people have dropped their suspicions of him. Even if he turns out to be a Townie, Pewter is nothing but a nuisance and an obstacle at this point, getting in the way of any real investigation.

That said, I have also observed Campbell's grilling today. I find his behavior - including the quote incident - to be somewhat evasive as opposed to Pewter's disruptive attitude. As such I propose that we all keep an eye on these two as possible lynch candidates at the end of the day.

Sorry for my absence folks. Once again, things got in the way. Luckily I've been able to check the data recordings and catch up on the goings on.

Oh, look! Perfect timing, we were just looking for someone to summarize the day for us so far. Things got in the way? You should carry a repulsor lift to move those things and make your path to the mess hall (or wherever we are) easier to navigate.

As I said yesterday, Pewter is really setting off alarm bells for me, and they are still ringing today even though a large majority of people have dropped their suspicions of him. Even if he turns out to be a Townie, Pewter is nothing but a nuisance and an obstacle at this point, getting in the way of any real investigation.

Carry a dictionary with your repulsorlift as I believe "majority" means something different than you seem to think. It appears to me that we will be able to lynch the Scum's Godfather Pewter (palathadric).

That said, I have also observed Campbell's grilling today. I find his behavior - including the quote incident - to be somewhat evasive as opposed to Pewter's disruptive attitude. As such I propose that we all keep an eye on these two as possible lynch candidates at the end of the day.

Phew. We were freaking out without a summary but now you've totally saved us by providing that.

Should I not be such a dick to people just because it took them more than twelve hours to respond to the new day thread? :blush:

Should I not be such a dick to people just because it took them more than twelve hours to respond to the new day thread? :blush:

I spoke right after you, and yes you should. Give it to that nasty scum.

Keep it up! :laugh: Actually, this grilling can do us some good. If you keep grilling people, then we're getting somewhere. Though the methods may be un-orthodox, I think it works quite well.

You should not stop, but maybe you should not be such a hypocrite. Just saying. :tongue:

I understand that you're showing us where you stand, and giving yourself a breif summary, but could you maybe add more to this staement?Possibly tell us why you're so sure that Pewter (Palathadric) is guilty. No doubts that he is, I just want to know what made you so sure. :sceptic:

Yeah, as I recall he did the same thing in the simulation, and we all know how that turned out. :laugh:

I was told that some people found that suspicious during the situation, and that confuses me. If we're going to metagame, you might recall that I've done this before as Town, and I've lynched Scum with it. In a situation known as Yakuza, I zeroed in on a Scum named 'Yasu', going after her against the rest of the Town and despite her roleclaim.

Why do so many of you continue to go after the sheep who summarize and agree with others, claiming to have reviewed everything that's happened? In my experience, the sheep always act that way whether they're Town or Scum, and unless they slip up and reveal that they know something they shouldn't, I think we currently have bigger fish to fry.

You should not stop, but maybe you should not be such a hypocrite. Just saying. :tongue:

Takes one to know one. :grin:

Why do so many of you continue to go after the sheep who summarize and agree with others, claiming to have reviewed everything that's happened? In my experience, the sheep always act that way whether they're Town or Scum, and unless they slip up and reveal that they know something they shouldn't, I think we currently have bigger fish to fry.

Am I voting for them? No. Just poking them. Yes, sheep act the same no matter their affiliation. That's why we need to try to get as much out of them as we can. So we can have something to try to judge them by, if and when the time comes.