Sign in to follow this  
Bricksan

Rolls-Royce reveals world’s only Lego jet engine

Bright Bricks are at it again this time in conjunction with Rolls Royce. Yesterday at the Farnborough International Airshow they revealed the world’s first jet engine to be made entirely of Lego.

. The engine, which is one of the most complex Lego structures ever built, is a half size replica of the Rolls-RoyceTrent 1000 which powers the Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.

The one of a kind Lego structure shows the complex inner workings of a jet engine and took four people eight weeks to complete. Including 152,455 Lego bricks, the engine weighs 307 kg and is over 2 meters long and 1.5 meters wide. Over 160 separate engine components were built and joined together in order to replicate a real jet engine. Everything from the large fan blades which suck air into the engine down to the combustion chambers where fuel is burned, had to be analysed and replicated using the world famous building blocks.

7542058718_3eb1b499cb.jpg

Images and video here: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/rolls-royce-reveals-worlds-only-lego-jet-engine/

This has already been posted about a week ago, so I will shortly merge the two topics. :sweet:

This has already been posted some time ago, so I will merge this with the existing topic. :classic:

That is pretty cool, but I must admit I almost cringed when I saw what appeared to be superglue being used.