Pellaeon

[MOC] Midi-scale Super Star Destroyer Executor

6 minutes ago, John99rs said:

New to the site and digging up an old thread but I'm in dire need for a parts list for this build!

Looks like I had them stored in my Dropbox Public Folder, which was just fine until Dropbox decided to stop the use of Public Folders! Luckily directly linking the files still works.

Just to be sure, here are all the files you might need:

PDF Instructions 1

PDF Instructions 2

LXF file

Parts List

Have fun building it.

Yeah, those are the two books I have. Thanks a bunch for reposting this, you're the man!

I'll hit up bricklink and see if I can get all the parts.

Excellent, glad to hear it. BTW I just noticed that someone posted on Reddit about a printing error in the instructions:

" in step 9 of page 74 of book one it tells you to attach a 1x3 plate in the lower left, it should actually be a 1x1 plate. In later steps the instructions show it as having the correct 1x1 plate instead of the 1x3 plate on page 83."

So watch out for that. The Parts List was generated from the LXF file, and is (or should be!) correct.

On 31.12.2013 at 7:22 PM, ScottishDave said:

I have created PDF instructions for this model. Please note that these two files are both about 50 MB, due to extensive use of large graphics.

Book One

Book Two

I have also updated my LXF model, which is in the same location as before. This version has updated engines (taken from Pellaeon's original design).

This model can be used to generate a parts list, using SuperKalle's excellent LDD Manager. I don't think I changed much during the journey from LXF -> LDR -> MPD -> PDF, so any parts list created from the LXF should be pretty accurate.

I did this mainly as a Christmas present for my nephews, Jedi J (10) and Darth D (7). As they were intended for KFOLs the instructions are pretty dumbed-down, with just a few pieces per step.

The boys tell me that attaching the outer hull to the framework was the only tricky bit - they got the placement of the hinges off by one stud and had to try again.

If anyone wishes to beta-test the instructions further, please feel free to let me know about any problems you encounter. I can't promise a quick response but if I ever generate an updated set of instructions I'll take any feedback into consideration.

Just to be clear: The LXF and PDF files linked in this post are not intended for commercial use. Please do not sell copies of the PDFs, or models based upon this material. Thanks.

Hi,

I loved this design and cant wait to build it,

thank you very much

Edited by okemalc

On 3/21/2017 at 7:32 AM, ScottishDave said:

Looks like I had them stored in my Dropbox Public Folder, which was just fine until Dropbox decided to stop the use of Public Folders! Luckily directly linking the files still works.

Just to be sure, here are all the files you might need:

PDF Instructions 1

PDF Instructions 2

LXF file

Parts List

Have fun building it.

Thankyou Dave for the manuals. Once the final part order from BL arrives I'll get straight into it

Really awsome job, wanting some not so huge Executor in my collection and came across this one now :)

Lets get some parts

Thanks for sharing

I have a question regarding the parts. Those black 1 x 2 Hinge Plates with 2 and/or 3 Fingers are pretty old/rare, so they are quite expensive... even used.

Arent there newer/more common parts to replace those?

I was thinking about the Modified 1 x 2 Plates with the closed handle on one end and the 1 x 2 Plate with the horizontal clip (which are also featured in the build).

I just dont know if they would work as exact replacement. The closed handle/horizontal clip connection is definitely thicker, maybe longer as well. Would be great if someone could test it or had another idea for a replacement.

EDIT: Oops, just realized this was questioned and answered already :laugh:

One thing that would still be nice to know is if all these plates with fingers need to be black. Are any of them visible from the outside? If its only a few, how many exactly?

Edited by BigEl

Hey,

IM new to your site and absolutely love this design!  Thank you so much for sharing your instruction as I have been looking for one to build for months.  I would love to just buy the real one, but I dont have $1,000+ to shell out right now lol.  Thanks again and I look forward to this build and others you may have posted.

The last few brick owl orders are on the way inbound for me to build this. Thanks so much for all the hard work that was put into making the instructions. I can’t wait to build this and display it. 

Edit

I finely had all the bricks and the time to build this tonight. This now my favorite thing to display. While its not very swooshable. Its still pretty sturdy I have not had problems picking it and moving it around. This will be on display for a long time. Again thanks to both Palaeon and Scottish Dave for this mom and the Instructions.

Edited by stormtroopercaptain
Finished building

Do you have a piece list? I would like to know if I have all the pieces before I start building :)

Adipa, scroll up this page of the thread to my post from March 20th 2017. "Parts List.xls" should be what you are looking for. There are also instruction booklets and - in case you need it - a Lego Digital Designer (LXF) file.

I hope this helps.

Scottish Dave I know it’s been a long time but the instructions for the mod are saying they could not be found. I’m a follower of your account and was trying to message you but it wouldn’t work. Is there any possible way you’re still able to give the instructions for the moc? all it says when I open it it says ‘file does not exist’or it can’t be found.  Just purchased all the parts yesterday :(

Edited by Tanner

This was a challenging build, i had a bit of trouble getting the tips to stay together, some sort of tension happening