Pellaeon

[MOC] Midi-scale Super Star Destroyer Executor

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

:vader:Executor, Vader's Star Destroyer by Pellaeon

My take on Vader's flagship from The Empire Strikes Back: the Super Star Destroyer Executor. Nineteen kilometers from stem to stern, Executor is over 11 times the length of a typical Imperial Star Destroyer.

salut aurais-tu une notice d'assemblage?

merci.

Edited by Jim
Removed images

salut aurais-tu une notice d'assemblage?

merci.

If you are asking a question, please don't quote all the images! And use English instead of French.

Hello you would have a note of assembly?Thank you.

There is an LXF file on page 2 of the thread and PDF instructions on page 3, provided by ScottishDave.

A really awesome MOC! ...in fact it is the final reason why I registered here and with bricklink.

Just ordered 98% of the parts and I am really looking forward to build it. Great to have the BOM and Instructions.

Looking really cool.

Is it for strength reasons that you didn't go for more flat tiles? They're generally cheaper than the 4x6 you used, I believe.

flatter.jpg

Looking really cool.

Is it for strength reasons that you didn't go for more flat tiles? They're generally cheaper than the 4x6 you used, I believe.

I'm not sure why Pellaeon did it that way originally, but when I came to build the LXF, I found that I needed the long plate (4x12) at the back for strength reasons.

Also, I did like the look of the modified 4x4 and 4x6 tiles with studs, better than either pure tiles or pure studs: so I kept on using those. They are not critical for strength however and could be swapped out for tiles as you have done.

7565423694_ec91fd5530_n.jpg

I have been able to source all the parts for the Executor SSD now, but I am still curious about the left micro Stardestroyer. What type of brick sits "in the middle" holding everything together?

On 1/8/2016 at 12:22 PM, Advanced_Spaceworks said:

I have been able to source all the parts for the Executor SSD now, but I am still curious about the left micro Stardestroyer. What type of brick sits "in the middle" holding everything together?

could be a dalek or a half-dalek with studs on only 2 sides But one thing is sure: studs have to be at at least 3 sides of the center structure

Edit: in the pictures later in his flickr gallery you see a view from halfway below which made me guess that he has used Part 47905 (Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Studs on 2 Sides) or Part 4733(Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Studs on 4 Sides) with a 47905 pointing to the back and a Part 87087(Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Stud on 1 Side) towards the front to hold the single tile towards the nose. But need to test that and find the parts in my boxes first

Edit2: Got it reverse-engineered.

It requires a 87087, a 47095 and a Part 4070 (Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Headlight) See pictures how it works (had to replace the 87007 with a 1 long technic beam and a clip with stud since i had none of the needed bricks at hand):

https://nplusc.de/REVENG/MINIISD/

Edit3: Fixed a few dead links by rehosting on own webspace

Edited by masterX244
Updating 2 dead pic links

Amazing model! I love the detail in the city great job. My favourite part has to be the engines!

Hey Guys! I just uploaded my speedbuild of the midi executor to youtube! Check it out

Well done - you put a lot of work into that video as well as into the build.

Can I ask about the issue you had at the end with the hull plating - what was the problem and how did you resolve it?

Any constructive feedback is very welcome, and I'd like to help if I can!

Built this and absolutely love it. It was very fiddly attaching the hulls in the final steps as they kept breaking apart, so I wouldn't call the model "swooshable" - it's actually quite fragile. But as a display piece, it's superb.

Thanks to the creators for all their efforts.

Having now built the original version, I must comment on the greebling of the city of this version:

It just looks so much better than the original! The variety and level of detail is amazing. The original, while nice, is more regular and almost feels restrained whereas this version goes wild and presents a more chaotic version of the "city" on the SSD. The variety of parts used is greater and really makes the model come alive.

I'm still waiting on 2 Bricklink orders to finish this masterpiece, and I've started to make a LDD model of the Eclipse-class star dreadnought (To scale with this one of course. I've done the calculations and each stud is 274 meters on this model.). I'm hoping to finish it in time for Brickfair Virginia 2017, because its the closest, but time will tell. I will post pictures of both when they are respectively done, and I will make a YouTube video of it. (This was also the first model I've ordered parts specifically for, so it must be worth it! again, good job!)

Thank you scythelt, Drakuhl and Iperial_Fleet_Commander:  I really appreciate the positive feedback!

Drakhul: thanks, I'm blushing. I'm glad you appreciated what I was trying to do with the city.

Does anybody have a wanted list file?

roughly do we know the bricklink cost?

too cool... has there been any updates since the PDF instructions?

7 hours ago, broomhandle said:

Does anybody have a wanted list file?

roughly do we know the bricklink cost?

too cool... has there been any updates since the PDF instructions?

I placed five orders on Bricklink for this fantastic MOC yesterday and the total cost for a mix of new and used bricks are about €130.

As for wanted list file, just use the lxf-file posted in this thread earlier and import it to Bricklink.

Can't wait to get all the bricks and start building this set!

15 hours ago, broomhandle said:

has there been any updates since the PDF instructions?

No: if there were, I'd have put them on this thread :classic:.

Thanks to DjHaak for the answers - the figure of 130 £/$/€ sounds about right to me.

I just tested the new Bricklink import on the LXF file from this thread, and it worked perfectly. You should be good to go.