Pellaeon

[MOC] Midi-scale Super Star Destroyer Executor

Good work bumping this up Spyderlord...Im trying to up my input into the EB world and I love to see a lot of what happened before I graced these boards. This is a brilliant build and the details are excellent. Going to have a peak at the LXF too.

I have created PDF instructions for this model. Please note that these two files are both about 50 MB, due to extensive use of large graphics.

Book One

Book Two

I have also updated my LXF model, which is in the same location as before. This version has updated engines (taken from Pellaeon's original design).

This model can be used to generate a parts list, using SuperKalle's excellent LDD Manager. I don't think I changed much during the journey from LXF -> LDR -> MPD -> PDF, so any parts list created from the LXF should be pretty accurate.

I did this mainly as a Christmas present for my nephews, Jedi J (10) and Darth D (7). As they were intended for KFOLs the instructions are pretty dumbed-down, with just a few pieces per step.

The boys tell me that attaching the outer hull to the framework was the only tricky bit - they got the placement of the hinges off by one stud and had to try again.

If anyone wishes to beta-test the instructions further, please feel free to let me know about any problems you encounter. I can't promise a quick response but if I ever generate an updated set of instructions I'll take any feedback into consideration.

Just to be clear: The LXF and PDF files linked in this post are not intended for commercial use. Please do not sell copies of the PDFs, or models based upon this material. Thanks.

Edited by ScottishDave

I might have to have a go at this as well. The official model is simply too big to display (until I can come up with some decent mounting solutions!!!) and the midi ISD and Falcon are two of my favourite sets.

Besides, after Bricklinking the Psiaki X Wing and the UCS Falcon, I need another project that will not break the bank too much!!!

Wow ScottishDave, nice work! I hope your nephews enjoyed the instructions and completed model. :classic:

Thanks for the continuing kind words, everyone!

Besides, after Bricklinking the Psiaki X Wing and the UCS Falcon, I need another project that will not break the bank too much!!!

I do sympathise: I also have a Psiaki X-Wing and a bricklinked Falcon. It is an expensive hobby. :wink:

I used a lot of my own parts to build the Mini SSD. However, I estimate that it would cost about £100 to bricklink. There are some things which you can do to make it cheaper:

- the interior frame is not very visible. Choose muted, dark colours and it will look fine.

- the exact details of the city are totally optional, apart from the bridge of course :classic: . You can also use light grey for the city... I simply preferred the look of the dark grey.

- You don't have to use old-style 2/3 finger plate hinges. clip and handle hinges will work just as well in most places.

I hope this helps.

Superb SSD, I might have a go at this some time.

Sorry for the off topic question but what is the windscreen you are using on your X-Wing?

Sorry for the off topic question but what is the windscreen you are using on your X-Wing?

It's a clone brick from an MY Stella Fighter- feel free to lose all respect for me now :wink: .

The mini SSD is a lovely model, though and well worth building. Many thanks to Pellaeon for his hard work designing it and for his kind permission in allowing me to post the LXF file.

Wow ScottishDave, nice work! I hope your nephews enjoyed the instructions and completed model. :classic:

I'm glad you don't mind me posting the instructions also! Yes, they did enjoy the model very much. It's just the right size to go on their windowsill, and it isn't too delicate: it survived being paraded through the house in front of a dozen or so bemused non-fan aunts and uncles.

Edited by ScottishDave

It's a clone brick from an MY Stella Fighter- feel free to lose all respect for me now :wink: .

Thank you. No disrepect at all, I have considered doing this myself but I have never found a clone set that was cheap enough that I would buy it just for that one part. I have always found it really annoying that there is no suitable Lego part.

I love all the work you did with this. The mid section on top was built really clever. Such a hard ship to get right, and you did it almost perfectly! :thumbup:

Scottish Dave, the link to xfl file no longer works :) Is it possible for you to present the parts list in this topic, or email it at sanawiel@gmail.com ? if so, thanks a lot in advance !

Scottish Dave, the link to xfl file no longer works :) Is it possible for you to present the parts list in this topic, or email it at sanawiel@gmail.com ? if so, thanks a lot in advance !

Hi muzin.

Sorry about that. It looks like Brickshelf is down.

I've put the LXF file here: Executor.lxf

The parts list is here: Parts List

I'm 99% confident that this particular file and parts list match up with the instructions.

Have fun, and do let me know if you have any further problems.

ScottishDave,

thanks for immediate reply!

It will take me some time to obtain all the parts, but when I do so and assemble my Executor, I shall present the result :)

As to the bricks list relation to the instructions - I hope that any possible differences (if they exist) are rather minor and does not involve any critical construction parts, do they?

Does anybody have an idea how to make a clever "micro" scale ISD , to match this midi SSD in proper scale?

I am very thankful Scottish Dave, thanks a lot once more!

ScottishDave,

thanks for immediate reply!

No problem.

As to the bricks list relation to the instructions - I hope that any possible differences (if they exist) are rather minor and does not involve any critical construction parts, do they?

No, nothing like that. The LXF might have one or two small parts which are different from the instructions but I honestly think that any errors will be in less than 10 parts total, and none of them in vital areas.

Does anybody have an idea how to make a clever "micro" scale ISD , to match this midi SSD in proper scale?

Well, if the one in the instructions and LXF is no good, Pellaeon showed some alternate designs further up this thread.

I am very thankful Scottish Dave, thanks a lot once more!

You are most welcome.

Scottish Dave, my mistake ;) The reason for it is that I simply didn't notice it. I am completely blind and the instruction is rather to my wife's use - she explains me where to put a brick, and that's how I assemble lego sets. Takes much more time than normally, but it's a great fun, really!

That's absolutely amazing, especially for the scale you did it in! Well done!!

I used ScottishDave's instructions and parts list this spring, and placed a couple of Bricklink orders so that I could build it. I took photos, but it took me a few months to get around to getting a working SD card reader. Now that I have, here are my results!

XKI2Fp1l.jpg

NgtB30cl.jpg

ImQ9XDfl.jpg

s1TTqI2l.jpg

Z7Z9oBHl.jpg

The only major modification I made was to make the forward undercity dark bley instead of black. (For the one part that wasn't available in dark bley, I just used dark gray. It's barely visible, so it's not like it sticks out or anything.)

Thanks to all the people in this thread who made this awesome build possible!

I used ScottishDave's instructions and parts list this spring, and placed a couple of Bricklink orders so that I could build it.

That has made my morning! :classic::thumbup:

You are the first person I've heard from who has followed my instructions and completed one of these (apart from my nephews, who had my help).

I know it's been a few months since you built it, but did you have any problems with the instructions or the parts list? I'm always looking for feedback.

The only major modification I made was to make the forward undercity dark bley instead of black. (For the one part that wasn't available in dark bley, I just used dark gray. It's barely visible, so it's not like it sticks out or anything.)

I might have a go at that myself, to see how it looks. Out of curiosity, which part needed to be dark grey?

Thanks to all the people in this thread who made this awesome build possible!

You are very welcome: and congratulations on the awesome build.

Edited by ScottishDave