Sign in to follow this  
danthaman11

MOC: 7 wide mid engine sports car

indexed.gif V-LV-31E to V-LV-32A

This is my latest 7 wide car. It is a Ferrari type mid engine sports car and was the inspiration for my entry in the modular madness contest. I always wanted to make a mid engine type sports car with the engine visible behind a transparent clear panel like in a Ferrari F430 or 360 Modena and I was finally able to make it. I built the car in red, black and light gray and will proably do some other colors in the future. Thanks for looking.

RedFerrari1A.jpg

RedFerrari2A.jpg

RedFerrari4A.jpg

RedFerrari5A.jpg

RedFerrari6A.jpg

RedFerrari7A.jpg

BlackFerrari1A.jpg

BlackFerrari2A.jpg

BlackFerrari3A.jpg

BlackFerrari5A.jpg

BlackFerrari6A.jpg

BlackFerrari7A.jpg

LightGrayFerrari1A.jpg

LightGrayFerrari2A.jpg

LightGrayFerrari3A.jpg

LightGrayFerrari5A.jpg

LightGrayFerrari7A.jpg

These are all amazing as I already said on your Modular entry. Especially since they are 7 wide. :wub_drool:

I love how you can see the engine too. I might have to take a look at your Ebay sometime and maybe buy one if you ever put this design up. :wink:

Thanks for making a topic just for these cars! The design is really great, and I love the engine cover :thumbup:

The red one totally ROCKS ! :excited:

The others are nice, but the red.....the red car is a machine of beauty and power ! :excited:

Such a design could go on Cuusoo 'danthaman11'.....Brick On Drive On ! :excited:

Awesome convertibles dtm11! Love the detail fit in 7 wide. They look like a combination of an Enzo and 458. Keep these fantastic 7W vehicles coming default_classic.gif

Edited by Lego Guy Bri

That's a great looking Ferrari-esque car. It has some nice lines and details. Looks to be an F430 Spyder to me.

This car design is really great. Overall look, scale, and of course the engine!

Thanks darkdragon.

These are all amazing as I already said on your Modular entry. Especially since they are 7 wide. :wub_drool:

I love how you can see the engine too. I might have to take a look at your Ebay sometime and maybe buy one if you ever put this design up. :wink:

Thanks The Blue Brick. I made a few to sell so I will have them up in the near future.

Thanks for making a topic just for these cars! The design is really great, and I love the engine cover :thumbup:

Thanks prateek. With only 5 pics allowed for the modular contest, I though this was a good way to show more pics of the cars.

The red one totally ROCKS ! :excited:

The others are nice, but the red.....the red car is a machine of beauty and power ! :excited:

Such a design could go on Cuusoo 'danthaman11'.....Brick On Drive On ! :excited:

Thanks lightningtiger. I am glad you like the red one, if your going to have a Ferrari it has to be in red.

Awesome convertibles dtm11! Love the detail fit in 7 wide. They look like a combination of an Enzo and 458. Keep these fantastic 7W vehicles coming default_classic.gif

Thanks Lego Guy Bri. Glad you like the cars.

That's a great looking Ferrari-esque car. It has some nice lines and details. Looks to be an F430 Spyder to me.

Thanks Legocrazy81. The F430 Spyder provided a lot of inspiration fot this car. I looked at a lot of pics of that car on the internet when doing the design.

Looking at these again, the backs would benefit if you add 2 more red studs to look like this:

OO===OO :laugh:

Just like the real Ferraris. I don't know how you've built it exactly, but it seems possible. :wink:

ferrarif430rear.jpg

Edited by prateek

These look fantastic. I am not too familiar with building cars in 7 wide format, but it is very impressive. I may need to start in the future.

I would also like to see instructions or tips on how to build them. But if you've built some for selling purposes, I doubt you will be sharing any instructions with us.

Keep up the great builds!

Looking at these again, the backs would benefit if you add 2 more red studs to look like this:

OO===OO :laugh:

Great suggestion prateek, I thought about doing that and its possible but I would be giving up some statiblity on the back bumper. I wanted to try using the new 1 x 1 round tile for the build and they give a more bulky look when two are next to each other. Proably would have to go back to the 1 x 1 round plates intstead if I were to go that route.

These look fantastic. I am not too familiar with building cars in 7 wide format, but it is very impressive. I may need to start in the future.

I would also like to see instructions or tips on how to build them. But if you've built some for selling purposes, I doubt you will be sharing any instructions with us.

Keep up the great builds!

Thanks TheLegoDr. You should definatly try buidling in 7 wide format its a little more challenging because of the odd number stud width but allows for a little more detail than the classic 4 wide format. Sorry no instructions. Some tips for buidling would be to keep the cars low as they are on the larger end of the minifig scale. Also a good way to learn how to build 7 wide is to take an official 6 stud vehicle and try to convert it to 7 studs or take one of the creator 8 stud vehicles and downsize it to 7 studs. The first 7 wide car I made was based off one of the 8 wide speed racers car sets that came out a few years back. I thought it looked to big for my town so I redesigned it to be 7 wide.

Great lines, the cars look awesome.

Thanks SDH.

The drivers look too grumpy to be driving such beautiful cars! :laugh:

These MOCs are great, I'd have to say my favourite parts are the poited nose, and the glass cover over the engine. Love the cars, maybe we'll see them in a bigger MOC? :sadnew:

Edited by Dakar A

These MOCs are great, I'd have to say my favourite parts are the poited nose, and the glass cover over the engine. Love the cars, maybe we'll see them in a bigger MOC? :sadnew:

Thanks Dakar A. I used the cars in my modular madness entry its posted in a seperate post as Ferrari Dealership.

Hi Danthaman

I have messaged you on eBay sometime back and lost those messages

Is it still possible to buy your 7 stud wide cars? Police, Porsche etc