mrklaw

MOD/MOC: Big Ben extension

After that, I wanted to extend it out a bit, at least to the little towers by the River Thames. So I did. Hope you like it, its my first submission here

I would love to build this modification of the Big Ben architecture. However, I am not sure how. Could you please help me on which lego bricks I need? Thanks a lot :)

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote embedded pictures unnecessarily

I really like what you've done here. Did you see this piece?

No, how big is that? Looks good.

I would love to build this modification of the Big Ben architecture. However, I am not sure how. Could you please help me on which lego bricks I need? Thanks a lot :)

It is mostly from pieces in the Big Ben set itself, and adapting the build techniques the main model uses. So lots of 1x1 bricks with studs on the faces (2 and 4) and lots of tan grilles and 1x1 bricks. If you build the main big ben set you'll get a decent feel for what you'd need.

Big Ben is my first and only set from the Architecture series. Although I like most of them, this one I was sure to get when the chance came up. And I like your extension even more. It looks great, follows the style of the tower and has a great potential for extending it even further.

It is mostly from pieces in the Big Ben set itself, and adapting the build techniques the main model uses. So lots of 1x1 bricks with studs on the faces (2 and 4) and lots of tan grilles and 1x1 bricks. If you build the main big ben set you'll get a decent feel for what you'd need.

I tried to built it with LDD and that helped too!

This is very nice! I just ordered the Big Ben today. When I get it and build it I may just come back here for inspiration on MOD.

BTW: I really like the boat. It fits in so nicely.

Thanks,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Alright - building technique question. How did you accomplish the ends of the building? Specifically the portion that shows the windows 2 wide on the end and then one wide going down the side? How do you place the 1x1 brick with 2 studs or with 1 stud to actually make that work? I can make it work with 1x1 all the way around or with 2 wide all the way around, but not 2 wide on one side and 1 wide on the other. Help!

I know this is an old thread but I just bought two of the Big Ben sets and I have the same question as srm_520. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I know this is an old thread but I just bought two of the Big Ben sets and I have the same question as srm_520. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Alright - building technique question. How did you accomplish the ends of the building? Specifically the portion that shows the windows 2 wide on the end and then one wide going down the side? How do you place the 1x1 brick with 2 studs or with 1 stud to actually make that work? I can make it work with 1x1 all the way around or with 2 wide all the way around, but not 2 wide on one side and 1 wide on the other. Help!

sorry for the ultra late reply! Does this pic help?

e459UaQ.jpg