sonicstarlight

MOC: Mini Modular Galaxy Diner and Empire Theater

indexed.gif B-M-05E

While I was waiting for the last of my orders to finish my Bricklyn Borough Courthouse MOC, I got the 10230 Mini Modulars set and fell in love. I decided to try my hand at making my own, and based on the bricks I had laying around decided to make it of my Galaxy Diner and Empire Theater. I didn't quite have the bricks I needed, but I was able to complete the model in LDD. This was back in April, and between going straight from my courthouse model to pulling all-nighters for my 15 Central Park West model in now in the National Building Museum in Washington, DC and then taking a well deserved break, I never got around to ordering the final bricks to make the real thing until a couple weeks ago.

As the original model was 32 x 64 studs, the mini version is 8 x 16 - too large for the contest, but since I was happy with how it turned out, I wanted to post it anyway. I am working with my LUG to get the LDD file posted, and I will update this post once it is in case anyone wants it.

Enough talk. Here is the final model.

7523824682_729fb05b94.jpg

This translated to the smaller format remarkably well, and most of the iconic features of the original theater and diner facades made it more or less intact.

7523814780_50acfba2dd.jpg

7523812070_b9329b5c82.jpg

Here it is with the official Mini Modulars...

7523806704_c6a329582e.jpg

... and here it is with its big brother, the Cafe Corner scaled version.

7523802330_d9acdbdfaa.jpg

More photos are on my flickr account.

REVISED UPDATE: The LDD file has been put up on my LUG's website - click here to go to the site. You might need to right-click and select "Save Link As" to get the file.

Thanks for looking. Questions and comments are always appreciated!

Edited by sonicstarlight

This translated to the smaller format remarkably well, and most of the iconic features of the original theater and diner facades made it more or less intact.

Indeed! Surprisingly well. From a thumbnail it would be almost impossible to tell the difference - which is probably the best sign that the shrinking was successful :) and best of all: This is a version of your lovely buildings that we could all easily afford! I'm very much tempted to make my own when the LDD file arrives...

Amazing. I loved your regular modulars of these two fantastic buildings. Now I want these even more. :grin:

They look great with the official minis too. :classic:

Wonderful work again from your 'sonicstarlight' :thumbup: , interesting to see your big creation shrunk down. :wink:

Brick On ! :classic:

Great work shrinking your beautiful Galaxy Diner and Empire Theater!

Count me in on waiting for the LDD.

AndyD

The translation from Cafe Corner to minimodular scale looks perfect. This minimodel looks just as great as its big brother. Well done! :thumbup:

Brilliant work. I love building things in mini form now. I just started building a mini theater for the contest within the last few days and this is the first I've seen this post. It is amazing how similar, yet different our two versions are/will be. I'm glad you're not entering it because I have enough competition as it is. :tongue:

Keep up the good work.

Awesome! Are you sure you don't have a shrink ray? Because it looks exactly like it's larger counterpart. That looks great next to 10230.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Wow! I was already a fan of the module-sized version, but the micro-modular is amazing too!!! default_huh.gif

If you could provide us with the LXF, like mentioned, then it would be heaven...

I've updated the original post with a link to the LDD file on Brickshelf, but don't know if it is working correctly. Let me know if you have any trouble downloading it.

I've updated the original post with a link to the LDD file on Brickshelf, but don't know if it is working correctly. Let me know if you have any trouble downloading it.

Just updated the first post again with a better link to the LDD file.

The colours and design in this one work so well! It is a bit like an artwork. This is my favourite in this category so far.

I really like you MOC.

And i like the idea that you have made a large & a small version of your build.

I you gave me the idea make my own small version of my latest build. (small version still in building fase)

But really great MOC