Sign in to follow this  
Multiverse

Astromech Workplace: R2-DJ's Dancefloor

Hey there! The Astromech contest seemed fun to me, and an Astromech Droid (I'm pretty sure it's Artoo himself, actually) is actually among the four or five non-trooper SW figures I have, so I figured I'd give it a try. =)

I've decided to join in with a vignette, considering that size doesn't seem to play much of a role in this particular contest. So I give you...

7523008262_be9fe5d988.jpg

R2-DJ by Multi Versal, on Flickr

...R2's electric dancefloor!

R2-DJ is a modified droid of the R2 series, originally bought in bulk by an intergalactic trading company who'd modify them and infuse them with musical knowledge modules and some extra record-handling gear. They'd then sell them to rich music fanatics at twice the original price point, making a huge profit even after the investment in new parts.

The company has now given up that particular business and taken to selling pens instead, and only a little more than a hundred functional DJ droids are in existence. Needless to say, prices have rocketed, and now they're only available to the filthily rich, often functioning as a symbol of wealth rather than their original purpose, the creation of new and pleasant music patterns. This R2-DJ, however, is a lucky one, and gets an entire DJ stall of its own. =)

(Wow. It's amazing what fun, little stories you can come up with when you have five minutes and a keyboard.)

7523012564_b4b99e01fe.jpg

Astromech Workplace: R2-DJ by Multi Versal, on Flickr

7523004638_1fa20070b7.jpg

R2-DJ_4 by Multi Versal, on Flickr

EDIT: Oh, sorry! I seem to have misremembered the rules. Would a moderator please change the title to 'Astromech Workplace Contest: R2-DJ's Dancefloor'? =J

Edited by Multiverse

This looks really good and funny! Great work and good luck to you! default_laugh_new.gif

By the way, I think the Disco trooper is quite cool too. default_classic.gif

Edited by grahamm5001

This is fantastic, so funny as well.....disco-trooper....oh, wait I know his favourite song......ABBA's Supertrooper ! :roflmao:

R2 on the deck is great as well....spin those disc's R2 ! :rofl:

Excellent work 'Multiverse'.....Brick On Dance On ! :rofl:

This is fantastic, so funny as well.....disco-trooper....oh, wait I know his favourite song......ABBA's Supertrooper ! :roflmao:

R2 on the deck is great as well....spin those disc's R2 ! :rofl:

Excellent work 'Multiverse'.....Brick On Dance On ! :rofl:

He he he, Supertrooper......default_laugh_new.gif Thats a good one lightningtiger! A good motivator song for the troopers I think...default_blink.gif

Funny entry! :grin: I love the disco Trooper, would be cool to see him doing a Saturday Night Fever pose.

I think the Dance Floor would be better if it were made of 1x1 tiles rather than plates - but that's only a small criticism and not really viable if you don't have the parts :wink:

That Super Trouper kicks butt! Probably my favorite so far too. Nice work!

Edited by Dapper-D2

Thank you very much! I'm very grateful for the compliments. ^_^

@Praiter Yed - I'd have loved to give him that pose, but I don't see how I could do that without using those tubes, and I'm kinda hyper-purist at that point. Thanks for the suggestion, though; I might want to try something similar at some point. =)