Sign in to follow this  
TheKingOfBuilding

MOCs: 11 Different 6 & 7 wide cars

indexed.gif V-LV-44F to V-LV-45E, V-LV-48E to V-LV-49B, & V-LC-19D

Hello and today i'd like to share my most recent Lego cars. I've built the cars over a course of time but just didn't get round to posting them on Eurobricks. So, in no particular order, the first car is...

7521930914_9fa007c167.jpg

1) Ariel Atom

I've always loved the exoskeletal design of the Ariel Atom, so I thought it would be a nice challenge to build one in the brick. The solution to the exposed chassis I came up with uses some flex tube and minifigure hands painted in silver. Why silver and not light bley like the rest of the chassis, I hear you ask? Have you seen the prices of light bley minifigure hands on Bricklink? £1.00 each, no way, especially since the Atom uses ten of them. Now you might or might not have noticed that my Atom is a one seater while the real one is a two seater car, but I thought the car looked too "fat" with two seats, and besides, you never see Ariel Atoms with a driver and a passenger. :laugh:

7521933892_c6137516a6.jpg

It even comes complete with a L@go lookalike!

2 & 3) Bathurst Ford Falcon XB and Holden L34 Torana

7466315040_056cb4b6f0.jpg

A 7-wide duo from the 1976 Bathurst race! The great colour schemes made me want to build this pair. I used a standard 7-wide car wheel base inspired by those of ER0L's, and started by building the front first down to the back of the car, my prefered style of Lego car building. I also spray painted the wheel hubs for a cool look.

7466317124_43a6639859.jpg

7466314102_8e3dbbd91f.jpg

4) Rolls Royce Phantom - Goldfinger

7188058190_340f7d59f6.jpg

The golden roller from one of the first Bond films. This was my first attempt at a vintage car, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. My Rolls-Royce Phantom III can fit two minifigs, Mr Goldfinger and Oddjob his driver, has a 2x4 luggage space at the back and is the roughly the same height and length as all of my other cars. Unfortunately no gold comes from smelting the doors.

7188057354_037f32ed30.jpg

5) The Ice Cream Van

7320081058_e60e0c0af7.jpg

Nothing impressive compared to some of the ice cream vans on Eurobricks but it was still fun mosaicing the sides with ice cream logos. I mainly built it for my ice cream cone design I came up with using the Power Miners drill piece.

7320080166_f3efe03497.jpg

6 & 7) Lotus Cosworth 49's

7431626268_200cb8f326.jpg

Another dynamic duo, the classic Lotus Cosworth 49's. I made the green one first and the red one after, as I thought they would look nice together. I connected the body using a load of 1x1 bricks with studs on all sides, leaving a space just about perfect for a minifigure. Only after all of the photo editing did I realise they didn't race in 1949, but the 1960's so please ignore the text on the photo.

7431631384_754715947f.jpg

7431628830_11e439cfd6.jpg

8) Ford Mustang 69'

7182624562_ba1576b1e1.jpg

I had to build one of my favourite muscle cars, and I couldn't be happier with the result! This was my second 7-wide car (the first was my Ecto-1) and it can seat two minifigures comfortably, which is my main atraction to building 7-wide cars. The relatively new mudguards perectly suit those on the real Mustang, in my opinion.

7182623604_b818c12825.jpg

9) Rolls Royce Silver Cloud

7385503950_09ac346d94.jpg

Not one of the most famous Rolls Royce's, but still a very intresting car. I built this using a fair bit of SNOT to achieve the curves of the Silver Cloud. I think the dark red + dark tan combo worked out really well.

7385503352_7e4c5cff3e.jpg

10 & 11) Tyrell P34 and Ferarri 312T

7521930190_36754b6db3.jpg

I hope the last two cars do not dissapoint. The inspiration for building the famous 6-wheeled Tyrell came from an old Tamiya kit I found up the attic. Of course the Tyrell needed a worthy opponent so I built a Ferrari 312T to race with it!

7521925578_7abcd55c0e.jpg

7521936948_3e50c5cb87.jpg

Thats all for now and as always, comments and suggestions for improvent are welcome! You can view all of the photos much bigger in my Flickr set!

Fantastic. An XB and L34. I gotta give them a try.

Also love the 60's and 70's F1 cars. Would like to see the elf tyrell in blue and yellow P34.

Edited by BrettBrick

Neat builds. I love vintage cars so those take the cake in my book. But that Mustang is brilliant. I may have to borrow some ideas (I haven't really built any vehicles before).

Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see more.

I have to say that I really like 'my' car :)

The nose is a tiny bit long, in my opinion, and I don't like it very much when minifigs have to lie down in cars. But apart from that it's a stunning rendition of the real thing, and doing that on this scale is hugely impressive. It's instantly recognisable. Very well done!

There are some nice vehicles here and there are some totally AWESOME onss ! :excited:

The AWESOME ones.........Rolls Royce Phantom - Goldfinger

Rolls Royce Silver Cloud

Tyrell P34 and Ferarri 312T

The best one of them all..........

Bathurst Ford Falcon XB and Holden L34 Torana

Though it doesn't look like Allen Moffat behind the wheel and the late Peter Brock's Holden had more signage on it I think.

Oh, here's a challenge.....make a vig of the famous 1-2 finish from what was then The Hardie Ferodo 1000 ! :excited:

Brick On Race On 'TheKingOfBuilding'

Footnote - just noticed you are U.K. based....perhaps you should build the Commodore driven by Win Percy next.

800px-Holden_VL_Commodore_SS_Group_A_SV_of_Percy_%26_Grice.jpg

Great MOC's "TheKingOfBuilding." I really love your Gold Finger Rolls Royce and Mustang.

They are all brilliant and can't wait to see more. :classic:

I :wub: the ariel atom, I used to race my brother on the xbox and that was our favorite car. You definitely did it justice!

I also really like the Lotus Cosworths, the engine, angled front tires, and slim body work together nicely :thumbup:

The others are good too, but the two above are my favorites :classic:

Awesome job! My favourites are the Ariel Atom and the Lotus Cosworth 49 :thumbup:

Amazing MOCs! My favourite has got to be the Ariel Atom, it looks just like the real thing and I really like the way that you have done the exposed part of the chassis of the car. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Nice cars! I think I´ve seen some of them on MOCpages...

Before reading the text, I thought that the driver of the Atom was The Stig. -But now I see that it is indeed a L@go look-alike. Wait, does that mean that maybe The Stig is a norwegian guy¿? ;-)

Some say he will only eat whale meat, and that he was born with skis on his feet. All we know is... :)

I love them all! All of them are very well built and detailed. I have to say though out of all of them, my favorite ones are the classic F1 cars and that Ariel Atom! Fantastic work to make the frame!