Emperor Krulos

Kre-O to release Star Trek Sets

You think that the Alternate Constitution is a graceful looking ship *oh2*, it's awful, everything about it is bad.

You want graceful look no further than the sovereign Class

I disagree. I did have a lot of nerd hate for the new Enterprise when I saw the first stills from the movie, but it really grew on me. Now I like it just as much as I like the classic design. (Although I don't think I'm ever going to like the "iBridge" very much...)

Can we agree that the Kreo set is just horrible?

The ship looks out of proportions... the engines are either too big or the saucer is too small.

Kre-O Figs: not nice

I bought (in Germany) the bumblebee out of curiosity, but regretted this instantly.

- Price: No advantage

- Packing: not appealing

- Parts: well, smelling awful and do not feel "right"

- Transformation: What was the movie about, ah transforming! Well they can't do that...

10 EUR down the drain...I feel even bad when selling it on a flee market...

I don't think many of us here on EB have any Kre-O....or is it Kero ! :laugh:

Haspro are think that if you throw space ships or monster robots in the mix equal dollar signs ! :sceptic:

Battleship is a poor seller, so I have being told by staff in more than one toy store.....Star Trek like I wrote before is a target missed by a few years....kid's don't really know Captain James T. Kirk but they know Darth Vader. Only true Trekies would be buying these sets.....oh, well in two years they'll be on the clearance bins at your local discount store. :wink:

Goodness me, that ship is blood awful, and the figs are :sick:, I'll grab some phaser pieces or something, or any saucer bits and MOC a ST Ship for my self, it's only the 2009 film though, so there's only really 2 ships that they can build without making them up or going for obscure 3 second ones.

Considering it's based off of the most recent movie I'm not surprised it came out looking the way it does. It was already at a disadvantage styling-wise. That new Enterprise is awful all buy itself without Kre-o putting it's take on it.

The problem I've had with Kre-o from the beginning are that the sets are really poorly designed. I suppose one could argue that it's a building toy. You can modify it as you wish. The problem is who has lots of spare Kre-o bricks laying around in the proper colors?

So this.....*snip*

:sick: And I thought the CW was bad...Touche Hasbro, well played.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
quoted pic removed

Star Trek like I wrote before is a target missed by a few years....kid's don't really know Captain James T. Kirk but they know Darth Vader. Only true Trekies would be buying these sets.....oh, well in two years they'll be on the clearance bins at your local discount store. :wink:

Um, you know that Star Trek 2009 outgrossed all the other Trek movies, and that there is a sequel coming out in 2013, right?

Ick, that just looks terrible. And those minifigs :sick:

Goodness me, that ship is blood awful, and the figs are :sick:, I'll grab some phaser pieces or something, or any saucer bits and MOC a ST Ship for my self, it's only the 2009 film though, so there's only really 2 ships that they can build without making them up or going for obscure 3 second ones.

Actually on the poster someone posted above it says the sets are coming out 2013, and after a quick googleing I found that there is a new ST movie coming out sometime in 2013 :cry_happy: (Well, hopefully thats a good thing... The 2009 movie was ok, but I'm still unhappy about them going and changing history.) So they will have at least a couple new ships to work with probably. Plus sets of individual rooms, that laser drill thing, etc. They have plenty to work with I think.

The 2009 movie was ok, but I'm still unhappy about them going and changing history.

I will never ever forgive them for rendering 21 combined seasons of TNG, DS9 and VOY as having "never happened". Bastards. :hmpf_bad:

As for these sets, I think Star Trek as a construction theme would need an ongoing TV show to be a success. A mediocre movie every 3 years or so just won't do it. Not enough inspiration for good sets and not enough exposure; children won't buy them due to the lack of exposion and adult trekkies won't buy them because they aren't featuring classic Star Trek.

What I like about this is that LEGO are the ones paying for the awful move that was to turn LEGO about licenses instead of about quality and good set design. Thanks to how they turned the game into this, then Krap-O can now compete by just getting better licenses than LEGO.

Please explain to me how a movie about an alien attack on Earth, based on a game of two fleet battling, is a better license than the licenses LEGO has right now.

The 2009 movie was ok, but I'm still unhappy about them going and changing history.

No offence, but it always grates me when people say this. It's a totally different timeline/reality. The original Star Trek we know and love still exists, it's just this one is pursuing the 'road not taken'.

I will never ever forgive them for rendering 21 combined seasons of TNG, DS9 and VOY as having "never happened". Bastards. :hmpf_bad:

Alternate Reality.

However as far as I'm concerned it's a separate universe following on from ENT, look at the Kelvin, it's nothing like any TOS ships inside or out, but is similar to the NX-01, including the 'phase Cannons' on the saucer.

Ent - ST 09 - ST 13

TOS - TAS - TOS Films - TNG - DS9 - Voy - TNG Films

There no rewriting and no inconsistencies.

Edit: Rewriting VOY, is that a problem?

:tongue:

Edited by Mr Man

While not as good as the previous series, it wasn't as bad as people get it flack for being... it dragged on for too long though and had some stuff that makes even less sense than Star Trek usually does. But I'll take it any day of the week instead of Enterprise or the new movies!

Alternate Reality.

However as far as I'm concerned it's a separate universe following on from ENT, look at the Kelvin, it's nothing like any TOS ships inside or out, but is similar to the NX-01, including the 'phase Cannons' on the saucer.

Ent - ST 09 - ST 13

TOS - TAS - TOS Films - TNG - DS9 - Voy

There no rewriting and no inconsistencies.

You get it, I get it! But, no matter how many times you explain it, some people will NEVER get it. Just like all the people yelling "you ruined my childhood" at this movie, that movie, whatever. Same thing, just save yourself the energy and ignore them.

Jamie

Alternate Reality.

I just think you've got a reimagined, massive-Hollywood-budget, 21st Century version of a ship that was originally made for $3000 in 1965, using a Sixties sci-fi asthetic. Actually, imitating the TOS ship designs was a high priority for the designers of the Kelvin. They did not mean for it to look like an ENT ship, but like a TOS ship. And I personally thought they did a great job. It's just that our vision of the future has changed, you know?

I will never understand why so many people have an abiding hatred for the new Trek movie. I'm a Trekkie almost from birth, having been raised watching TOS on our black-and-white TV, and I did not find the new movie disrespectful at all. It was different, and modernized, and although it definitely wasn't as cerebral as TOS and TNG were, it wasn't stupid either. But so many people seem to think someone took a dump on their childhood just by making the movie at all. I don't get it.

I just think you've got a reimagined, massive-Hollywood-budget, 21st Century version of a ship that was originally made for $3000 in 1965, using a Sixties sci-fi asthetic. Actually, imitating the TOS ship designs was a high priority for the designers of the Kelvin. They did not mean for it to look like an ENT ship, but like a TOS ship. And I personally thought they did a great job. It's just that our vision of the future has changed, you know?

That's the real life reason, however in universe there is no way that a ship like the NX-01 could be a predecessor to the Constitution Class of the TOS, they may have tried to make it TOS like but they failed, no viewscreen just a window, ENT like hull finish, phase cannons not phaser banks, ENT like bridge with knobs and leavers instead of jelly beans. Nothing about ENT or the Kelvin era could possibly be part of the Prime Universe.

However I do think that the ENT - ST:2009 - ST: 2013 universe is a more 'realistic' future for us now, than the Prime one was.

Also there is no concrete link between ENT or 2009 to the Prime Universe at all, except the Mirror Darkly episodes, and it's possible that the USS Defiant went through to a parallel mirror universe (Timmey Wimmey :laugh:).

I do like the 2009 film though, I hold it as number 5 in my list (II, IV, VI, VIII, XII).

This mini figures really are hideous. The ship looks to be composed of too many specialized bricks. This just looks like a complete fail in my eyes. :sick:

Maybe the kids will like it, but still, this is supposed to be competing with Star Wars. :wacko:

That's the real life reason, however in universe there is no way that a ship like the NX-01 could be a predecessor to the Constitution Class of the TOS, they may have tried to make it TOS like but they failed...

Okay, I'm sure somebody will be along soon to tell us to keep the convo relevant to Lego and Kre-O, so I will only say that I completely agree with this. ENT totally failed to look like something that happened before TOS. And then it totally failed in many other ways, but that's a flamewar discussion for another day...

:excited: Photos showed up from Comic-Con, it opens to reveal the Captain's chair and a monitor with a screencap from the movie!......It's also $70 :ugh:

There's a lot of assumptions in here...

It's really getting tired all this bad mouthing of clone brands. I suppose that should be warranted since it's a competing brand. Maybe they should just get locked from now on when they're brought up. I know I don't have to read these threads, and I'll stop from on now, since it's really the same stuff.

Edited by Legocrazy81

$70 is far too much to pay for that improperly proportioned model. Or Kreo in general.

I picked up the Megabloks Enterprise D during my dark ages for $10 (it was steeply discounted and I didn't know any better at the time). While not the highest quality of bricks or design, at least it had the right proportions and overall shape. This Kreo... thing... barely looks like what it's supposed to be.

And people, no trolling about the merits of the different Star Trek series or movies. The internet is chock full of places to vent nerd rage on that subject and this is not one of those places.

Legocrazy81- bashing clone brands is fine in moderation. As long as said bashing is done tastefully and well-reasoned, it shouldn't get out of hand.

Okay, I'm sure somebody will be along soon to tell us to keep the convo relevant to Lego and Kre-O, so I will only say that I completely agree with this.

Like here.

:excited: Photos showed up from Comic-Con, it opens to reveal the Captain's chair and a monitor with a screencap from the movie!......It's also $70 :ugh:

£60 for this ... 'Thing' :laugh:, no way.

$70 is far too much to pay for that improperly proportioned model.

Yes, because LEGO never ever made a single model with wrong proportions. It's not like there were helicopters bigger than semi-trailer tracks or pontoons bigger than houses. And every single Star Wars model was *exactly* same way it was in movies. Your fanaticism is blinding you. Go look at SW movies, then SW Lego, then shut up as you realize there aren't any proper proportions either.

Legocrazy81- bashing clone brands is fine in moderation. As long as said bashing is done tastefully and well-reasoned, it shouldn't get out of hand.

How do you well-reason hate? By putting rose colored glasses and pretending that Lego is somehow better despite having exactly same flaws? Continuing statements that Kreons look bad despite the fact that it's CGI and not final product is not tasteful, it's retarded. They're TOYS aimed at KIDS. Kids don't care about realistic portrayal of characters in what will most likely be at least PG-13 movie, so all that bashing only shows your frustration and immaturity. I'm puzzled how someone who doesn't realize that even became moderator.

Please tone down your rage. It's one thing to post harsh comments about a brand of bricks, it's a completely different thing to be rude to our members regardless of their opinions. Your behaviour is inappropriate.

They might have a shot of becoming successful if it weren't for those ugly minifigs.

But then again, I also think Megablok's WoW figures are horrible.