Modular Madness: Black Cat Cabaret!

indexed.gif B-OM-23C

Mr. VIP proudly presents...

A RoxYourBlox production...

Black Cat Cabaret!

flickr ~

~ .lxf

7516875466_de51aee8d0_c.jpg

Minifigs (from left to right): flamboyant fan, suspicious janitor, mascot, brunette assistant, Mr. VIP, redhead assistant, magician, uptown girl, sleek spy.

Interior:

7516794196_6d44d4119e_z.jpg

Interior (reverse angle):

7516806824_d64b476ecf_z.jpg

Balconies:

7516827760_d11d25229f_z.jpg

Green room:

7516829298_e9f23ba1f0_z.jpg

Inspirations:

Le Chat Noir

Moulin Rouge

Sakura Taisen

Wow, that is something! The windmill on the front is a little odd, but the building is great! The roof is fitting for a Gentlemens club such as this. I don't know if this was intentional, but the top floor looks like a drawn curtain, say on a stage. The interior is nice and well furnished. The entryway is great and the gold chains are nice touches.

It's radical, cool, AWESOME, etc., what a modular ! :excited:

That windmill on the front is the bomb....very colourful too ! :classic:

Good luck 'RoxYourBox' with this highly creative and original design......Brick On Party On ! :excited:

The windmill is of course very recognisable and makes it look very much like a real Parisian cabaret. Colours that match the theme of the building, and a nice interior. It certainly cathches the eye in a row of modular buildings.

You might be disappointed, but Mr. VIP is my favorite part of the MOC. Nevertheless, it's an interesting build, somehow unique in color and architectural style to show off just how special the Black Cat Cabaret is! The rotating wind mill is an excellent touch to add to the eccentrics of the Cabaret. Well done and could luck in the contest!

The windmill is of course very recognisable and makes it look very much like a real Parisian cabaret.

I agree, for those unfamiliar think Moulan Rouge.

You used some good techniques working the cylindrical body of the windmill into the rectangular corner of the facade.

Great concept, I really like it

Edited by gotoAndLego

Excellent build! The staggered red slopes on the top story look great :thumbup:

The phone booth outside is another nice touch, and the interior works very well too :classic:

You might be disappointed, but Mr. VIP is my favorite part of the MOC.

Thank you for your honesty; I hope I didn't offend.

My inspiration for this build was a game which featured a cross between Le Chat Noir and Moulin Rouge as a secret headquarters (sans windmill) for a fleet of robots piloted by five ladies who save Paris.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

That is a great building, really colorful! :thumbup:

My favorite part on the upside are the windows and the white pillars / walls.

On the inside my favorite detail are the red curtains next to the podium. I haven't figured out yet how you made them.

My guess would be red Garage Roller Door Sections?

Nice technique on those door curtains. I guess this is where the Friends figs get jobs if they're rebelling against their parents.

As you know, I've followed your progress on this, and I have to say the end result looks spectacular. I'm still debating whether I think the colours are nice or just crazy, but the details are wonderful. Those curtains are brilliant, and I also really like the entrance. The windmill is a very inspired addition that is sure to make this stand out from anything else (not least because it's actually working!). And the minifigs are great - especially the two assistants!

Wow this is lovely! Could we maybe get a more close up look of the minifigures and some of the furniture inside the building? :classic:

I've been ignoring this far too long. This is a great build and extremely bold with both the colors and the details, but not overly so. I really like the canopy over the entrance and those curtains are so simple but brilliantly effective. Good luck with the contest, and blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

Excellent modular RYB! Very cool color choice, it looks like a fun place to be for a show. The motorized windmill is a nice feature. Great job default_classic.gif