Sign in to follow this  
Schfio factory

Wow ~~~~ I see an alien ! =(*o*)=

This creation is for the ReBrick Building Challenge. So if you like the cat or the octopus, or even the whole creation, please click me a "LIKE" next to my creation at ReBrick.com without hesitation ! Your every "LIKE" is a support on me! (To vote for this creation in the ReBrick contest, you have to visit the page for this creation http://rebrick.lego.com/en-US/bookmark/wow--i-see-an-alien---o--/ld5u2o?bookmarkshare=True . Then, "Sign In" on ReBrick.com before you could click the "LIKE" button on the photo.

The scene happens in a Chinese Seafood restaurant. As the little cat has never seen an octopus before, he thinks this creature must be an alien. At the same time, the octopus has the same thought.

When the cat approaches the aquarium, the octopus also moves towards the cat!

The cat starts to extend its arms. Will it start an attack, or just want to say "HI" to the octopus?

What will happen later on?

(A 32 x 32 studs Dark Grey baseplate has already been inserted under the creation.)

DSCN5858x.jpg

This is my recent creation !

DSCN5857x.jpg

View from a different angle . Attack or Shake (hand) ???

DSCN5823x.jpg

Look at this cutie cat! It's very naughty !

DSCN5782x.jpg

Where's is the octopus ?

DSCN5754x.jpg

It's the Prototype of the Lego cat !

DSCN5669x.jpg

It's the Prototype of the Lego octopus !

DSCN5869x.jpg

Reference information and sketch for the Lego Cat!

DSCN5870x.jpg

Reference information and sketch for the Lego Octopus!

DSC_2811x.jpg

The reference photo from a real old chinese restaurant, which is use for the reference of the floor pattern of my creation!

For this creation, I use 10 days totally. It may be the one of the most challenge creation because I've a project on my hands. The project should be completed by the mid of July. So I have tried my best the release all of my ability to completed the task ! In fact, the contour of the cat and the octopus is very difficult for me because all the shapes are irregular and unsymmetrical. Anyway, I've completed it ! The next step will be all of your support !

I'll keep on doing something more interesting later on !

Edited by Schfio factory

Wow. I must say, I did think thatt this would be spam based off of the title. Very good job, and I am incredibly impressed

Wow, that is a stunning build! Great sculpture, I think you nailed the forms perfectly. I really like how you did the cat's eyes and that you included a little ball on its collar! Excellent work.

Wonderful work as always! I love the Cat and Octopus. So cute! :classic:

One of the best sculptures I have seen in a while! The kitty is very cute, and the white 1x1 plate rounds work perfectly on the octopus :thumbup:

Well done :classic:

Why a Chinese seafood restaurant? Great build by the way. The cat looks very realistic and so does the octopus. The collar is a nice detail. I hope to see more of your creations! Maybe a puppy? I thought this would be spam or something queer just looking at the title, but it actually is pretty cool. Great job!

EDIT: Just noticed the collar :wink:

Edited by Lightning Dragon

Great sculptures once again! The all brown protokitty is striking a nice Kung Fu pose. :tongue: Wow at the amount of reference material you use for your creations. No wonder they're always so detailed.

Excellent piece of sculpture work! Really very nicely done! Love the shape and its posing design! :wub:

Fantastic. What a great scene. I take it, it is to natural 1:1 size¿?

Especially the EARS of the cat are spectaclar.

Absolutely brilliant!

The Octopus is great and the scene, but to me, the cat is a work of art. I loves it! The colouring is amazingly well done and the weighting and posing is phenomenal.

Thankyou for sharing it! :grin:

Fantastic. What a great scene. I take it, it is to natural 1:1 size¿?

Especially the EARS of the cat are spectaclar.

Yes, the cat is of 1:1 natural size!

Thanks for all your kindly comments! And please remember to vote me on the RebBrick.com if you like my creation! There's only several days left for the vote. (^_^) I really need all your support! (In fact, I rarely have luck. )

This sculpture is amazing and so spot on. The colors and all the snot you used really make it look so realistic.

I'm seriously blown away. Absolutely stunning piece of art. :wub:

To all of my friends on Eurobricks.com, the deadline of the contest is approaching. Please visit the ReBrick.com and click "LIKE" on my creation if you like it! Thanks a lot! (^_^)