Noob here, and I'm not sure if this is where this question needs to go or not, but does anyone know how you can get the "decorations" sizing for replacement decoration files to fit correctly on the fig? I'm good with head, torso and front legs, but the side legs are not sizing to the edges like it does in LDD. Is it possible to get that file of the side leg print that comes with the model so I can use it as a template to size my own "decorations" and designs? I couldn't find any answers within the threads here, as there is so much good info to go through.

Thanks again and sorry if this is not the correct thread for this.

Is anyone still using LDD2PovRay and Pov-Rayfor rendering .lxf files? I kind of 'missed' the transition to Bluerender, and now with the recent LDD-update, new parts aren't supported (yet?), and even those whose models have changed don't work any more :look:

Is it worth to wait for an update, or is there a workaround, or am I doing anything wrong?

Sorry if the solution is obvious, I'm just really no crack regarding the 'technical' side of these rendering programs :wacko:

Well, I still use LDD to Pov-Ray converter, and here's my latest MOC rendered in it (actually a lowres version to test the colors):

136a15116ca61c3827c43e503cca1319.png

If I am not mistaken, the blade is a new part. And it have rendered all right.

What exactly is your problem Kolonialbeamter? Do you get errors?

I must be too stupid to use it then :wacko:

Just a recent sample (part in question is some flex hose):

If I uncheck 'Don't generate includes' in LDD2PovRay, I get this: 'Unable to generate necessary includes. Part ID "16709" is not supported by the current brickset version.'

And if I check the 'Don't generate includes' option, Pov-Ray reports a parse error: Cannot open include file ldd_60166.bin.

If I uncheck 'Don't generate includes' in LDD2PovRay, I get this: 'Unable to generate necessary includes. Part ID "16709" is not supported by the current brickset version.'

And if I check the 'Don't generate includes' option, Pov-Ray reports a parse error: Cannot open include file ldd_60166.bin.

Then it's me who's stupid. My apologies.

I kept getting those silly messages while attempting to render one of my models. I checked-in the "Don't Include Includes" option, and it rendered alright. However, when I went to render the model's .ini in Blender, that same parsing error pop-up appeared on screen.

At this point, I really don't know what it is I keep doing wrong, because I followed both the setup instructions outlined

here-->https://triangle717.wordpress.com/tutorials/lego/ldd2povray/

and on the program's original website, but it doesn't work.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by Jason C. Hand

I sent a PM to Hrontos, and hopefully he'll be here shortly to answer questions.

About 16709 (small minifigure legs), there seems to be a problem that in the previous version I think they were defined as a "part" and in the new version they are an "assembly" (which is odd since they aren't composed of more then one part).

Thanks, guys, and also great to see there's still some interest in POV-Ray as a rendering tool for LDD.

I'd really be grateful if LDD2POV-Ray wouldn't be discontinued!

As much as I appreciate Bluerender, POV-Ray is still the best in my eyes :cry_happy::wub:

This part (16709) was really removed/changed in recent brickset. There are two workarounds for this error.

First (really simple):

Delete all generated includes, LDD2POV-Ray will generate needed includes again. Advantage: it's simple. Disadvantage: you will not be able to render old pov files without converting corresponding lxf file again, because there might some missing includes, since the include files are generated only during conversion and only for bricks in lxf.

Second (almost as simple as the first):

Modify ldd_brickset_index.xml in includes directory. Look for <ldd_16709 brickset="?" library="?" /> and remove that element. The converter will stop trying to extract this part from the brickset.

I will make a fix in the converter to support this case and avoid interuption of the conversion.

This checkbox has only one purpose: to avoid generating includes during repeated model conversion. For generating includes it is necesary to open LDD brickset. But when LDD is running, brickset is locked and cannot be opened. When you need to adjust a model view or do similar minor change in your model, it is anoying to open and close LDD repeatedly just to allow conversion. So this checkbox might be helpfull.

Edited by hrontos

hello,

if its possible to config a base plane file thats looks like a simple grey lego plate with some reflection?

so like this one:

post-12023-0-17048900-1464251675_thumb.jpg

perfect is, when i can change the color of base plane.

I read all the configs for base plane´s here... but its very hard to understand the script and postings, because i´m a german guy with bad english-knowlegde. :(

@Jey_Bee. Interresting work isn't it?

For me personally I don't think I will finish the Posche 42056 in LDD soon.

Building in LDD, how interresting it may be, is always killing the joy of the fysical build.

Still: the 42052 Helicopter was a joy to build and slighty MOD in LDD

27402242011_8d21cd4d15_c.jpg(And to render for that matter..)

While waiting for the real Porsche to arrive, i finished the LDD version of it last sunday.

Here is a render of all the boxes.

27549983222_925c7f7a6e_b.jpg

And loving to render I did make some recolored versions too..

27661753455_b5ffccba38_b.jpg

All right, here is a much more elegant and naturalistic solution... To do this, I simply copied the the definitions text from the "shiny metallic" finish, and pasted it over the definitions text for the "shiny pearl" finish. That instantly makes all of the pearl-metallic colors become automatically fully-chromed. The foreground of the image below shows gold, silver, and bronze. In the back are pearl-gold, pearl-silver, copper, and dark iron.

If you like, you can also adjust the definition text for the reflection variables however you like. I lowered the reflectiveness about 33% for the ones that were originally pearlescent, and the ones that were originally chromed are still perfectly unchanged in every way. If you want to take it to the next level of subtlety, then you can glance at the first few paragraphs about the Phong Reflection Model and related topics on Wikipedia.

As an added bonus, using this method gives you seven different shades of chrome to work with, and then if you want a complete rainbow of chrome-colors to play with, then you can easily remap some of their RGB hues in the LDD colors file to create a chrome-red or chrome-blue or chrome-purple... The colors will be correct as it renders, so you won't need to manipulate any colors in PhotoShop afterward.

Have fun! And post whatever you do for us all to see! =D

therealindy

software_color_test_-_chrome_domes_ii.jpg

The Real Indiana Jones,

So, I followed what you said in the above post, and this is what I got for the test render:

28118731705_e4e6e4948a.jpg

The colors used are warm gold, metalized gold, metalized silver, regular silver, regular gold and reddish-gold. Anyway, am I close to the mark?

All new renders done for tonight, posted to Flickr:

27528338713_1cf75c3616_z.jpg

28109077686_96efcb4856_z.jpg

The model(s) are the Mega Man 1 Robot Masters by DalaGStanator of LDD Gallery. Each photo used a different sky sphere (BG image) in Radiosity.

The first one has a significant blue hue while the other remains mostly silver.

Hi! So, I have a problem - sort of. I am using some hidden colors for my renders, and the one called "metallic blue" ends up completely black on my pre-renders:

4935570e95edabfb5ba51f17d0f8f9cc.png

What should I do to make render look like that:

8a1278c8a14046ae631a008f30f4a602.png

Is there any settings I've missed?

Hello everybody

I've got a problem with POV-Ray. It shows an error whenever I try to render and it says: Parse error: Cannot open include file ldd_colors_declarations.bin. I've added Library_Path="\\.\LDDIncludes" to povray.ini and it still doesn't work. Does anybody know how to solve this?

On 24.3.2016 at 0:41 AM, hrontos said:

This part (16709) was really removed/changed in recent brickset. There are two workarounds for this error.

First (really simple):

Delete all generated includes, LDD2POV-Ray will generate needed includes again. Advantage: it's simple. Disadvantage: you will not be able to render old pov files without converting corresponding lxf file again, because there might some missing includes, since the include files are generated only during conversion and only for bricks in lxf.

Second (almost as simple as the first):

Modify ldd_brickset_index.xml in includes directory. Look for <ldd_16709 brickset="?" library="?" /> and remove that element. The converter will stop trying to extract this part from the brickset.

I will make a fix in the converter to support this case and avoid interuption of the conversion.

This checkbox has only one purpose: to avoid generating includes during repeated model conversion. For generating includes it is necesary to open LDD brickset. But when LDD is running, brickset is locked and cannot be opened. When you need to adjust a model view or do similar minor change in your model, it is anoying to open and close LDD repeatedly just to allow conversion. So this checkbox might be helpfull.

I tried both, but they don't work for me.:(

I have been having trouble rendering builds that include transparent pieces. The problem is that the renders take super long! I'm talking multiple hours up to multiple days, depending on how many translucent pieces are included. I have a pretty good PC, so the problem isn't the hardware. I use the default settings and only turn off the background and ground plane and use a single-color sky sphere. When I lower the quality to below medium it gets a bit better, but still takes long. Is there any way to optimize the render time for such builds?

When I used this software to render, I sometimes even had renders that failed when they got to the transparent parts. The only option I had then, was to take an LDD screenshot with the transparent parts, then color them solid (preferably in a bright color that doesn't appear elsewhere in the render), then render that, and then composite the two images together, maybe adding some more advanced transparency effects yourself. As long as the transparent pieces (and what's behind them) aren't the focal element, you could get away with it. If you can't afford this, you either have to take the long render times or switch rendering softwares as far as I know.