Also, it took 12 minutes to render this at 1920x1080p. How can it go so fast?

As you have no transparent parts there it may speed things up a lot + as someone else said, it'd be best to post your actual settings (screenshots maybe?) cos you may think you maxed everything but actually could be the opposite, just post them here... :wink:

How do I do that :blush: ?

I see this when I load the ini in povray. Is this it? It took like 45 minutes with these settings.

Display=On

Verbose=On

Width=1920

Height=1080

Output_Alpha=Off

Antialias=On

Sampling_Method=2

Antialias_Threshold=3.0

Antialias_Depth=9

Jitter=On

Jitter_Amount=1.0

Quality=11

I feel like such a noob :blush:

Thanks for helping me out guys (or girls)!

Edit: I made pictures of all the settings screens. Am uploading them now.

http://share.pho.to/9HWJz

That is quite an easy image uploading website. Can recommend it. Took like a few seconds for all those images and easy to few.

This was the result: Took like 45 minutes.

2v9devo.jpg

Edited by Unknown Ninja

I have made a lot of adjustments to my settings. Have been busy all night to find the best result. The best result I can get is this:

https://www.flickr.c...02/17065744119/

Thanks to bublible for the background/base

I can put the settings higher but it does not show any real difference to me. This took 24 minutes and that is not too long so I am happy with that.

I had some serious problems with jagged edges, especially flat blocks. The only way to get rid of it was to enable focal blur with all the default settings. I only upped Blur Samples to max. This made the jagged edge go away. I put Anti-Aliasing on default and radiosity to normal. I also changed the light back to default. Only enabled Ambient Light to 30% which to me has a nice effect.

The website where you can find LDD to POVRay is very informative and explains very well what everything is and means:

http://ldd2povray.ld....php?p=1_4_Help

What do you guys think of the quality? For me, it looks nice.

I have made a lot of adjustments to my settings. Have been busy all night to find the best result. The best result I can get is this:

https://www.flickr.c...02/17065744119/

Thanks to bublible for the background/base

I can put the settings higher but it does not show any real difference to me. This took 24 minutes and that is not too long so I am happy with that.

I had some serious problems with jagged edges, especially flat blocks. The only way to get rid of it was to enable focal blur with all the default settings. I only upped Blur Samples to max. This made the jagged edge go away. I put Anti-Aliasing on default and radiosity to normal. I also changed the light back to default. Only enabled Ambient Light to 30% which to me has a nice effect.

The website where you can find LDD to POVRay is very informative and explains very well what everything is and means:

http://ldd2povray.ld....php?p=1_4_Help

What do you guys think of the quality? For me, it looks nice.

Being glad I helped you and that my other suggestions as lights and focal blur also worked :thumbup:

Anyway: you can lower Quality to 9 (there seems to be no actual difference in rendering quality)

...and to me your render looks quite nice, good work there! :wink:

Yesterday, before I would go to sleep, I made a transparant logo out of lego and tried to render it. Wow! It is now almost 15 hours later and it is only halfway there on the last render. I didn't think it would make such a difference.

Yesterday, before I would go to sleep, I made a transparant logo out of lego and tried to render it. Wow! It is now almost 15 hours later and it is only halfway there on the last render. I didn't think it would make such a difference.

Well, you see? I told you so... :laugh::grin:

Now you have just cross your fingers not to crash as my crashes everytime it renders more than let's say 9hrs (just like a few minutes ago here...ahhhhhh!!! :devil::sceptic::thumbdown::angry: )

Wow! That would make me go insane! That sucks! Now you made me nervous...

Sorry about that. :sceptic:

Anyway the good news is that it is actually possible to continue such crashed/aborted render from the point it ended, I'm just searching for the right answers... :wink:

Edited by bublible

Awesome someone solved that problem for you! I did not know it as well. Yesterday, I was reloading an old .pov file and the show button was available. I pushed it and the render showed, even unfinished. I didn't understand why, now I know, because you can resume it.

To another subject, I have been busy again for hours and got the same freakin' jagged edges again, without knowing why. Then I grew a brain (derp...) and loaded the file that was good yesterday. I then found out it was because of the lighting. For some reason, when I use 3 light sources, I get jagged edges. Probably because of the light the shines double or something. With one light source and ambient light on 20%, it looks awesome, without any jagged edges.

It is an amazing program but you do have to learn how to use it. Like Minecraft, you have to learn how to use it. How ironic...

Going to try some transparent parts now. Will be back in a week ;)

Awesome someone solved that problem for you!

Right, actually I only needed to know where to put its switches, I simply did not realize that the top empty row is a command line...silly me :laugh:

Yesterday, I was reloading an old .pov file and the show button was available. I pushed it and the render showed, even unfinished. I didn't understand why, now I know, because you can resume it.

Hmm, that's quite interesting cos here the Show button does not show up when I load some previously partly rendered .pov :look:

To another subject, I have been busy again for hours and got the same freakin' jagged edges again, without knowing why. Then I grew a brain (derp...) and loaded the file that was good yesterday. I then found out it was because of the lighting. For some reason, when I use 3 light sources, I get jagged edges. Probably because of the light the shines double or something. With one light source and ambient light on 20%, it looks awesome, without any jagged edges.

Didn't I told you about the lights in some of my previous posts too? :devil::tongue::grin:

How do one animate in POV? Specifically the slow rotating of the project to show all angles? Moving them a few degree at a time in between POV work is slow.

Hi there,

I have recently noticed there is a bug with the part n°85861 (Plate 1x1 round with open stud) : the hole is plugged.

The only difference between the part and a simple plate 1x1 is the hollow stud.

Is there a way to correct this ?

Edited by Courleciel

OK. So I guess the only way to correct it is to modify the .bin file of the part, isn't it ?

1. you cannot modify it (there is no known way)

2. he probably wanted to say that although there is visible "plugged hole" you can actually still run stuff thru it as if it was empty, I guess

In fact, the plate is above a part in another color, and I wanted to see this other part through the plate round. This is why it's a bit disturbing...

Edited by Courleciel

Dear Courleciel,

you can solve it by using for example a shaft to stamp a hole in n°85861:

In LDD you have to add a shaft to the relevant round plate:

85861_test_original.jpg

You have to position this shaft in that way to not influence or touch the brick below or any other bricks.

For the example above you get the following povray-code (excerpt):

85861_code_original.jpg

Now you have to modify these lines of code by using the difference command and the object declaration:

85861_code_modified.jpg

That means, we remove the shaft from the main ldd_model and use it as a subtrahend with reference to the difference command, while the ldd_model is the minuend.

And that’s the result after rendering the modified code:

85861_test_modified.jpg

Edit: Just realized that it works in a more simple and direct way too:

85861_code_modified_2.jpg

Regards

Papacharly

Edited by papacharly

Hi there,

I created a small MOC in LEGO Digital Designer (LDD) and then created an image using "LDD to POV-Ray Converter" (LDD2PovRay) and POV-Ray.

Unfortunately, in the image there is a dark hole visible in brick "PLATE W. BOW 2X2X2/3" (Part# 15068, Color 199 Dark Stone Grey) where it should not be.

For comparison, I tried rendering the same MOC in Bluerender and there's no such hole.

Here is an example image:

2x2-BOW-TEST-comparison.png

How can I fix this?

I use these program versions:

LDD: "Version 4.3.8, Brick Version 1564.2"

LDD to POV-Ray Converter: LDD2PovRay Version 1.2.11.42833

POV-Ray for Windows: Version 3.7.0.RC6-msvc10-sse2.win32

Bluerender: Version 0.0.0.4beta

Hi there,

I created a small MOC in LEGO Digital Designer (LDD) and then created an image using "LDD to POV-Ray Converter" (LDD2PovRay) and POV-Ray.

Unfortunately, in the image there is a dark hole visible in brick "PLATE W. BOW 2X2X2/3" (Part# 15068, Color 199 Dark Stone Grey) where it should not be.

For comparison, I tried rendering the same MOC in Bluerender and there's no such hole.

Here is an example image:

How can I fix this?

I use these program versions:

LDD: "Version 4.3.8, Brick Version 1564.2"

LDD to POV-Ray Converter: LDD2PovRay Version 1.2.11.42833

POV-Ray for Windows: Version 3.7.0.RC6-msvc10-sse2.win32

Bluerender: Version 0.0.0.4beta

Actually, there are more errors like this one there with ldd2povray/POVRay, unfortunately (for example I had similar probs with round plate 4x4 where there were several additional round "objects" inside the plate which should not be there)

Edited by bublible

Hi guys,

Thanks to the help of some people here, I could make a few renders of my moc.

Here's the result:

18766467960_fb9e85e5ef_b.jpg

LL-X2 01 by Binuche Bin's, sur Flickr

It is a Lego ideas project I have. It is awaiting approval for now, so you do not find it online for now.

But anyway, many thanks to those who gave me some tips.

Edit: here it is

Edited by binuche

Does anyone know where to download this program? The link on the first page hasn't been working for a while now.