Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest # 37: Princess Panic

Umm... I can't really say, as I don't know what Sandy has layed out for Charis. :blush:

woman3.png

"We have many princesses. Charis is divided by barons and nobles and what not. :wacko: " The woman starts getting closer to you. "I kinda like you little undead thing."

I look in the direction of the imposing tower, not noticing that the woman had drawn closer until I looked back.

"It's kind of funny. Two of the shipmates on the boat I sailed on here were talking about how one of the princess's got kidnapped and thrown in a tower."

I let out a soft chuckle.

"Oldest cliche in the book. I bet there was some wine involved in the conversation. :hmpf: "

I look in the direction of the imposing tower, not noticing that the woman had drawn closer until I looked back.

"It's kind of funny. Two of the shipmates on the boat I sailed on here were talking about how one of the princess's got kidnapped and thrown in a tower."

I let out a soft chuckle.

"Oldest cliche in the book. I bet there was some wine involved in the conversation. :hmpf: "

The two Charis guards start to drag the woman away.

charisguard.png

"Sorry about that, tourists. The women in this country are always up to no good."

Updated map. You see that there are more guards/bandits patrolling the other side of the wall.

map2.png

"That was odd. Wasn't the guard dragging her the way the one who always gets punished for flirting...? Oh. Ooh. :sick: "

"It clicked, eh?"

"Anyway, there appears to be some sort of hostage situation or mugging over there. Shall we go help him out?"

"Anyway, there appears to be some sort of hostage situation or mugging over there. Shall we go help him out?"

QM Note: :wacko: What? :look:

QM Note: :wacko: What? :look:

OOC: Guy with knife to throat?

EDIT: Oh, he's the one holding the knife... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Edited by Endgame

OOC: Guy with knife to throat?

Ohh.. :laugh: The guy who you think is being mugged is actually the one holding the knife. :blush: They're just 2 thugs guarding the tower.

EDIT: FYI the new quest person will be joining us soon. So don't be surprised if a person randomly posts in the thread.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Hmm... didn't seem like we learned much. I wish you would've let me take care of that, Sorrow. :sadnew: Anyways, we still have the tavern to go to tonight, to talk to the information dealer, and I WILL TALK TO HIM, AND NO ONE ELSE. I hope I made that clear, my little friend. Um, my undead friend. Whatever. :sadnew:"

Benji quickly runs over to the guard taking the woman away. "Excuse me, my dear sir, but this woman was about to invite us poor travelers to a cup o' tea. She really wasn't any bother. No need to get her in trouble." Benji winks.

OOC: Is there anywhere else to go to besides the tavern?

Edited by Flare

"Hmm... didn't seem like we learned much. I wish you would've let me take care of that, Sorrow. :sadnew: Anyways, we still have the tavern to go to tonight, to talk to the information dealer, and I WILL TALK TO HIM, AND NO ONE ELSE. I hope I made that clear, my little friend. Um, my undead friend. Whatever. :sadnew:"

OOC: Is there anywhere else to go to besides the tavern?

I whisper, after making sure the woman is no longer in earshot.

"Fair enough, I just wanted to get that over with as soon as possible. We did learn about Fantome at any rate."

Edited by Endgame

QM Note: Game time, it's around 2 o'clock. So if you want to waste 6 hours, that's okay. Realistically, you could explore anywhere on the map, go back to recent places, talk to people you didn't meet. :look: It's your freedom.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

QM Note: Game time, it's around 2 o'clock. So if you want to waste 6 hours, that's okay. Realistically, you could explore anywhere on the map, go back to recent places, talk to people you didn't meet. :look: It's your freedom.

Did Benji get the woman saved from the guards? if not, i think we'll just wait for 6 hours, though that is Flare's call.

Did Benji get the woman saved from the guards? if not, i think we'll just wait for 6 hours, though that is Flare's call.

Being more specific, the guards threw her into the middle of the street, and she starts to run away.

I look at the following fiasco as the woman that was thrown in the middle of the road staggers up and begins to scurry away. I go to the road, and call out:

"Hey! Are you okay, miss?"

I look at the following fiasco as the woman that was thrown in the middle of the road staggers up and begins to scurry away. I go to the road, and call out:

"Hey! Are you okay, miss?"

woman3.png

:damn: "No I'm not alright! I was just assaulted by undeserving authority and embarrassed by an undead freak! I'm gonna kick you!" The woman kicks Sorrow. She then turns to the guards. "And I'm going to tell your wife!" :devil_laugh::laugh_hard:

charisguard.png

"Ummm... uh-oh." :distressed:

If there is anything being undead has taught me, it is "Helvetia hath no wrath like woman scorned." The kick even manages to dislocate my knee a bit, which I promptly snap back into place.

"...I'm not usually shocked. Right now I'm utterly flabbergasted."

"What in the holy name of helvetia was THAT...? Was it something I said? :look: "

Benji turns to the woman with a handsome grin. "My dear lady, please don't worry about the little undead freak. He is one of my companions in touring this mighty city, but between you and me he's always been quite an oddball... if you'd like me to thrash him for your loveliness I'd do that with pleasure! Or I can give a little lecture with my crossbow to those wicked guards. But maybe you'd be interested in a little conversation first... tell me a little bit about yourself... you are a pretty miss, surely you are the important wife of some great and rich noble?"

I slowly walk with the lady in a direction where the guards won't hear. Once we're out of their hearing-range I whisper: "What do you know about the captured princess? Weaknesses in the tower? If you could help me with these questions, then I would be indebted."

OOC: You said "Realistically, you could explore anywhere on the map, go back to recent places, talk to people you didn't meet. :look: It's your freedom." So where else is it possible to explore on the map?

Benji turns to the woman with a handsome grin. "My dear lady, please don't worry about the little undead freak. He is one of my companions in touring this mighty city, but between you and me he's always been quite an oddball... if you'd like me to thrash him for your loveliness I'd do that with pleasure! Or I can give a little lecture with my crossbow to those wicked guards. But maybe you'd be interested in a little conversation first... tell me a little bit about yourself... you are a pretty miss, surely you are the important wife of some great and rich noble?"

I slowly walk with the lady in a direction where the guards won't hear. Once we're out of their hearing-range I whisper: "What do you know about the captured princess? Weaknesses in the tower? If you could help me with these questions, then I would be indebted."

OOC: You said "Realistically, you could explore anywhere on the map, go back to recent places, talk to people you didn't meet. :look: It's your freedom." So where else is it possible to explore on the map?

woman3.png

"I don't know about the tower. And no, I'm not noble, I was raised from a poor family... I'll be indebted to you if you teach those guards a lesson, my valiant knight." :wub: "You know what, maybe I could help you get into the tower. I have friends at the tavern who could help."

QM Note: You could always explore the forest maybe? I'm sure you could find some raw material there. :wink: Game time- 3:30.

woman3.png

"I don't know about the tower. And no, I'm not noble, I was raised from a poor family... I'll be indebted to you if you teach those guards a lesson, my valiant knight." :wub: "You know what, maybe I could help you get into the tower. I have friends at the tavern who could help."

QM Note: You could always explore the forest maybe? I'm sure you could find some raw material there. :wink: Game time- 3:30.

"Ah, well, you are graceful enough to be from a noble family, my dear lady. :sweet: If you could help us get into the tower then I would forever be grateful. Could I meet you, or your friends, or both, tonight at the tavern?"

"Ah, well, you are graceful enough to be from a noble family, my dear lady. :sweet: If you could help us get into the tower then I would forever be grateful. Could I meet you, or your friends, or both, tonight at the tavern?"

Do you wait a few hours for night to go into the tavern?

Do you wait a few hours for night to go into the tavern?

I'm waiting for the lady's response :tongue:

After that I'd like to go into the woods.

"I believe we should explore the woods before going to the tavern."

I'm waiting for the lady's response :tongue:

After that I'd like to go into the woods.

woman3.png

"Sure you can meet my friends."

You travel into the woods. After looking for a few hours, you get a perfect vantage point of the tower. In the dark, no one could possibly spot you. Also, there's more than enough material to make a few decent siege engines.

towenight.png

Lets go to the tavern, and then afterwards we'll return to this spot.

Torches illuminate the tavern. You spot separate tables and a man by a shelf full of drinks and the sort. You see coins on the bar and wonder what sort of games are being played. Also, standing in the dark corner, is someone familiar from Heroica Hall. What was he doing here? Drake Flamerobe/xxlrocka, freaked out, runs away. He has returned to the hall.

tavern.png

barkeeper.png

"Hey. Welcome to The Rogues Corner. What can I get you? Or are you up to some Blackjack?"

"Hello there. Usually I'd be interested in a game of blackjack, but for now I'm looking for some people. We met this lady (er, I don't remember her name, if she even gave it :wacko:) in the residential area and she said that she had some friends that we could talk to..."

Lycan strides out of the corner, into plain sight of the heroes. "Hello, Lycan Dean at your service." Lycan does a mock bow before continuing " That knight was a bit scared, weren't he? So who are we meeting, here's hoping beautiful women who I can have a bit of fun with!"