Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

The Fortune and The Adventure.

These two fellows were intended to be sister treasure ships. There are both single cannon ships with a little treasure hold underneath. They are obviously dwarfed by the Arbiter and the Covenant.

they usually patrol the waters around my Imperial Harbor

I know about the dust.

First, the Fortune.

img_0842.jpg

img_0844.jpg

img_0846.jpg

img_0847.jpg

Then the Adventure

img_0841.jpg

img_0843.jpg

img_0845.jpg

The sister Ships

img_0848.jpg

Dust never hurt anyone, I can still type while I cough :) I think you did a good job on maintaining a good look on a short ship model.

God Bless,

Nathan

Uhm, there's a little dust over there :-P. Nice. These two sister ships look cool. Expecially your custom sails, They look just like the material and design of lego's. In the front, it's neat that you switched the color of the pices *y* .

i am building a ten gund schooner the Sabre, and i CANT BUILD A FULL ON STERN CASTLE, but i need inspiration because i'm still building a cabin underneath.

I love seeing small ships like this. This is the minimum we can get with the old school Pirate hulls (the thin hulls and only the front and back) and like the Renegade Runner and others, these are quite cool. I love seeing the ways people make these small ships have more space and seem bigger.

I like the detailing along the bridge, the use of the railings is quite cool. (I have thought about doing this many times but havent yet) And you got anchors on there, thats interesting as many smaller ships are not given anchors.

I see some of the pictures form the bridges show unused Black Clips... is there anything these pieces should be holding? Or are they just there for decoration?

I see some of the pictures form the bridges show unused Black Clips... is there anything these pieces should be holding? Or are they just there for decoration?

Well as you will notice, the ships pilot... ah... steering guy... ah, well he probably has a name... is armed. Two of the clips usually hold his weaponry so he can steer hands free. The other two clips... I am not sure.maybe I ran out of 1x1 at the time, but had plenty of hooks!

The secret treasure horde underneath the blue cannon!

But why a blue cannon?

Because I had two, and I ran out of red ones. My choices were to use the blue ones, or brown ones, and since at my Imperials had Red, and all the Pirates had brown, I went with the blue. I think I had two green ones... did they make some green ones with the Armada sets? (Edit: Yes, the Armada Flagship had Green, Ship wreck island had blue)

So Blue worked best with the scheme for what I had left over. Plus, were else would I put two blue ones? The Sienna would be the only other choice, but it might end up a larger ship soon anyhow.

Nice ships! But how come there is some much dust at it?

I CANT BUILD A FULL ON STERN CASTLE

What do you mean by that??

i dont have the parts to build a full on stern castle, but just a peice of deck that is slighlty taller by say, 3 bricks, then the rest, and i need a cabin under neath.

Well as you will notice, the ships pilot... ah... steering guy... ah, well he probably has a name...

It could be a number of personnel manning the wheel depending on what kind of ship it is. For example the captain or navigator, but if the ship was big enough there might even be a helmsman aka steersman.

So Blue worked best with the scheme for what I had left over. Plus, were else would I put two blue ones? The Sienna would be the only other choice, but it might end up a larger ship soon anyhow.

I think red or brown would be better, blue does contrast against the brown. Is it possible you could swap cannon bases with another MOC? I'd recommend using a blue cannon base on a ship that has more blue!

I like the blue cannon bases I think it adds variety. It is like the 6271 Imperial Flagship - the Blue Flags covering the cannons don't match the rest of the ship but they definately add to it. Doesn't the blue cannon base only come in one set too? Shipwreck Island or something? Or do the ugly 4+ Pirates also have the blue cannon bases? If it is rare, rare pieces always add mystique :D. But no, I like the color. Looks good despite the contrast.

ah... ah... achoo! j/k :-P

i've never seen blue cannons before! i didn't know they excisted. i'll have to keep my eye out for a couple of them on BL or soemthin.

i think the blue cannons look great on the two sister ships. they add contrast and a little elegance to the vessels.

EDIT:

Thanx jamtf

They are going to remain blue for now. I have much more pressing matters to attend to!

What be these lad? Tell us so we can provide you with the support you deserve!

ah... ah... achoo! j/k :-P

i've never seen blue cannons before! i didn't know they excisted. i'll have to keep my eye out for a couple of them on BL or soemthin.

They are a unique piece that only came with the 6296 Shipwreck Island set.

They are going to remain blue for now. I have much more pressing matters to attend to!
What be these lad? Tell us so we can provide you with the support you deserve!

Well believe it or not, I am in Law School in the US. as such, when we have 'finals' they are the only evaluation we receive all semester. They are really all or nothing type super stressful situations, so I am not going to get a chance to even drive all the way to my parents house to work on the ships.

When I do get to the ships, I think I am going to work on the Sienna and the Covenant first!

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! Those blasted studies! Always interfering with the more important things like MOC building. When are your finals?

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! Those blasted studies! Always interfering with the more important things like MOC building. When are your finals?

Start Monday, go for TWO weeks!

They art not fun :-(

In which sets are these blue cannon bases?