Sign in to follow this  
Percabeth

San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Discussion

Anyone heading down to Comic-Con next week? What/who are you hoping to see?

Pesonally, I'll be hanging in the Mariott next door hunting for Stars. Although, I'll be running like a madman at the first hint of Lego doing another fig giveaway. I hope they announce a Dark Knight Rises set,but that would be cutting it pretty close to the movie release. Of course, in the non-lego department, I'll be running between Video Game booths trying to find all the demos that get me free stuff! :wub: One year I won a demo and the worker said: "Thanks for playing! Here's a lighter!"....I was 10 :wacko: And just last year I had the creator of the game come over and say that he had never seen anyone that good *huh*

But enough about me, a discussion normally means more than one person ranting :laugh: What are you all doing?

I'll be travelling 6,000 miles to be there.

Quite looking forward to it (the Lego booth is right next to the ILM booth. Result!).

I'll also be taking ten or twenty sealed Team GB Olympic packets.

If you hear a guy with a Welsh accent then tap him on the shoulder and ask him if he'd like to swap one for a minifig.

I'm really looking forward to it too. I would of went if they were still selling badges in May. Oh well, I might go next year with my family.

Also, the stuff I'm looking forward to besides LEGO is any Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2 news, MLP:FiM stuff (still want that Derpy promo), some stuff about the other cartoons I watch (A:LoK, Gravity Falls, Regular Show), Pixar news, the Wreck-It Ralph panel, the Spongebob Movie 2 news, Once Upon a Time news (pretty good show), Nintendo news (there wont be much though), and the Man of Steel/Justice League movie news. :grin:

I am really excited for comic con, as always. Going there for a number of years and it is always awesome. Free books and great panels.

Nice to know that some EB members will be going! Incidentally, is anyone planning to attend the LEGO community panel on Friday, 3:00-4:00 p.m. or the LEGO Ninjago panel on Sunday, 10:30-11:30 a.m.? It'd be nice if someone could report back to Eurobricks about any new information revealed at either panel.

Nice to know that some EB members will be going! Incidentally, is anyone planning to attend the LEGO community panel on Friday, 3:00-4:00 p.m. or the LEGO Ninjago panel on Sunday, 10:30-11:30 a.m.? It'd be nice if someone could report back to Eurobricks about any new information revealed at either panel.

I'm actually quite bummed they decided to go w/ a Ninjago panel this year. :( Last year's Star Wars Lego panel was pretty awesome as it showcased the Tie Fighter, the Queen Amidala, and a few scenes from the Lego Cartoon Network special.

I'm not a huge Ninjago fan, so I will probably skip this panel. I might check out the community one, but that's still debateable.

I can't wait to see some of the big movie studios panels. Marvel's Iron Man 3 is a must visit!!!

I hope that Lego has some sort of teaser for "Next years big theme"(With Ninjago ending finally they must have some big plans..)Also I hope for a Back to the Future CUUSOO reveal! :sweet:But not Lego related,I am after some exclusives!

Edited by Greedo24

I will be there as well and can't wait to hopefully see some good LEGO unviels. :) Also hoping LEGO has a decent exclusive set this year and not just another repackaged set like the advent last time.

I will be there as well and can't wait to hopefully see some good LEGO unviels. :) Also hoping LEGO has a decent exclusive set this year and not just another repackaged set like the advent last time.

Haha, sooo true, but it was kinda neat even though it was a Christmas box in July. :tongue:

I'll be watching it on G4. So, if you see a G4 camera crew, hold up a sign with a LEGO brick and your name! :laugh: I've always wanted to go, just never had a good opportunity when tye time finally came. :cry_sad:

Can't wait for this thing to kick off! It seems every year it gets bigger and better :sweet: Please anybody that is going post pictures or updates as the day goes on!

I'll be attending Comic-Con again this year! Looking forward to preview night tomorrow. :thumbup:

Hoping for a good LEGO exclusive this year compared to lasts years repackaged Star Wars Advent Calendar. :sceptic:

LegoGalactus

Now that they details came out they have some pretty sweet stuff that I am sadly not going to be able to see in person!

• Shaazam, Bizarro, Venom and Phoneix
  • A free Bibo minifigure
  • And the unveiling of the Rancor pit set

Comic Con gets better and better every year! I hope one day I will get to go :sweet: Until then I will rely on the people that are going to post back EVERYTHING they see there!

Now that they details came out they have some pretty sweet stuff that I am sadly not going to be able to see in person!

• Shaazam, Bizarro, Venom and Phoneix
  • A free Bibo minifigure
  • And the unveiling of the Rancor pit set

Comic Con gets better and better every year! I hope one day I will get to go :sweet: Until then I will rely on the people that are going to post back EVERYTHING they see there!

RANCOR PIT?! Where did you hear this?

Check the Star Wars forum and Licensed forum. They both have links to the IGN page that has broken down how LEGO will be organizing their CC days :thumbup:

Check the Star Wars forum and Licensed forum. They both have links to the IGN page that has broken down how LEGO will be organizing their CC days :thumbup:

Here is the link. Enjoy!

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
merged double post

I wish I was going, I'm dying for a Bilbo minifig. :cry_sad:

i'm floored at how big Lego is going this year for the con. It's gonna be a Lego filled con. :(

Why would that be a frowny face moment?! I think it is awesome LEGO has a big presence there! I am disappointed I won't be there for the exclusives, but still seeing all the pictures of the 2013 stuff will be almost as spectacular as well me! :wink:

Why would that be a frowny face moment?! I think it is awesome LEGO has a big presence there! I am disappointed I won't be there for the exclusives, but still seeing all the pictures of the 2013 stuff will be almost as spectacular as well me! :wink:

B/c my comic con experience usually involves panels and discussions. Last year was Lego filled as I tried to get the Batman & Green Lantern. Had to skip a couple of panels i wanted to go to.

This year with 4 exclusives, one each day, will cause me to probably miss some more panels. Hence the frown. :)