aminster85

Galactic Patrol Star Cruiser

This is a Star cruiser that seemed to fit an engine design I made a while back. Finally got motivated to finish when I got some Galactic Patrol figures from the series 7 release. Curious to know what everyone thinks.

post-27882-13413404253875.jpg

post-27882-13413404371638.jpg

Wow! That looks really nice! The color matches the figure and everything! I think you should post bigger pics :classic:

Edited by Lightning Dragon

Yes that looks good. Not so sure about the yellow, the Galaxy Patrol seems a bit more grim-dark to me, but overall I do like the design especially the engines which seem very powerful!

That is an inspiring build. It looks very fitting.

Keep up the great work. It'd be nice to see a whole fleet!

As I am new to this I neglected to provide a link to more, and now requested bigger pictures. http://www.flickr.com/photos/aminster85/ will have more pics. I will agree that the yellow is slightly out of place, but the inspiration came with the Galactic Patrol figure, and a previously built MOC of a Mech also on my flickr page.

I like the disc engines on the back, very inventive. The craft is cool, looks very Wipeout-esque to me.

First off - welcome to Eurobricks! Great to have you.

Secondly - wow! That is a spectacular fighter!

While the yellow might not make you think galactic patrol - it certainly looks fantastic. The colour blocking you used is superb!

Btw in future you can use the "share" button on flickr and copy the 'bb code' and paste! It embeds the picture and provides a link back.

Great work! What is the design you used for the plasma sphere/exhaust?

Excellent cruiser,I like the wing design and the colors are great :thumbup:

The engines are also superb :classic:

Awesome ship!

I feel the same way about the yellow, swap it out for dark bley and this would be perfect! Where did you get all the dark blue? I am looking at ordering some sets on bricklink (sans minifigs), so if you have any kit suggestions, I'd love to hear them. :)

7523643844_f31e7e8322_m.jpg

Sphere step 1 by aminster85, on Flickr

This is the main structure for the engines, I found this design somewhere, and made it in the trans neon orange for the engines. The other satellites just rest in between the four that radiate from the center 1x1 with studs on 4 sides. the end result looks like this.

7523644616_9575e7854d_m.jpg

Sphere step two by aminster85, on Flickr

As far as Dark Blue sets I don't know of many, I just found a Bricklink store with a lot of Dark Blue, and ordered up. I really like the color so I knew I would use it in something.

I agree it is a terrific build, although the yellow might be better replaced with orange, as there is orange within the Space Marine guy's HUD.

But it's very sturdily build and looks rather dangerous. Well done!

The colour scheme really fits to the CMF space marine. Now all he needs is an invasion shuttle with a ramp! :)