samiam391

Updated: [MOC/CUUSOO] Star Wars Combineable Battlepacks

UPDATED:

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here's the link for one of my projects that's received a lot of positive feedback on CUUSOO. The idea is for LEGO Star Wars combineable battle packs, thus to make a scene after buying a few battlepacks.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/19411

I appreciate any feedback, comments, and/or support!

Cheers,

Sam

UPDATE:

I've just completed my next model!

My example of this,

includes two sets, one with 4 battle droids and 1 droideka, and the other with 4 Theed Palace Guards (from the famous and iconic Theed Palace Chase scene in Episode I). Each battlepack comes with the figures, as well as an approximately 150 piece build which can then be combined with the other set.

Battlepack (1):

Theed Palace Guards (Naboo) with guns

Hallway of Theed Palace... Approximately 120 pieces.

Battlepack (2):

4 Battle Droids

1 Droideka

Hallway of Theed Palace with stairs (just like in the movie!)

Because of the ability to be combined on almost all sides, the combinations are limitless. The more packs you buy, the larger a scene you can create. I've created the scene of Theed Palace with these two packs, and in the pictures have shown a number of different combinations possible.

If you have questions about the set or idea, or even have an idea for another iconic movie scene that I could create, please let me know! I love to hear feedback and always want to try to improve my project towards the best wishes of the LEGO community!

Thanks for helping with the superb photos! @jacobikenobi

Theed%2520palace.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

Edited by samiam391

I think LEGO should do this, because it would make any OT fan make the famous opening of "A New Hope", and maybe add extra sections to make the scene more realistic, like for example the interior of Tantive IV

I would actually would like this to happen, and bravo :thumbup:

I like the idea. The scenes kind of double as a nice display environment. It could easily apply to other licensed themes as well.

It's a brilliant idea. I know I'd buy all of the battlepacks required to recreate that scene. It's one of my favourites! I hope your project goes far. :classic:

I love it, supported it on Cuusoo. Hopefully we can get to 10,000

Thanks all for the support! This was a very popular project when it was first featured on the front page as a "new idea", getting 100 votes in about 72 hours. However since then it's slowed down a bit because not many people search "combineable battlepacks" ;)

Obviously it's a popular idea, it's just about directing people to it. So please, spread the word! Tweet it, facebook it, review it, etc.. Whatever to help spread the word on it! It's supposed to be featured on Brickset, so any other exposure for it would be great too. Thanks all!

Already supporting! I came across this project a few days ago on Cuusoo and i thought the concept behind it was rather brilliant. Create battlepacks that are nice as stand alone sets, but can be combined to form larger scenes as well. I hope this project succeeds, or that TLC picks up on the idea regardless. :sweet:

This is a fantastic idea. I'll support it. But I don't see Lego group doing this since they don't do these kind of projects. But crossing fingers that this goes threw.

They did the Helm's Deep Wall section and Helm's Deep.

We should keep in mind that battlepacks combined with a scenery will certainly drive up the price of what once would be $10 sets, or something in the range. And if these sets would be a replacement of the older battlepacks, it would wipe the most affordable Star Wars sets of the market, as we haven't seen anything smaller than the current battlepacks the last years. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad idea, but it has its flaws I think. I would rather see the battlepacks, and larger combineable sets including more than four minifigures.

Edited by Hollander

This is a great idea. I do think it should get more votes. Do you have any other scenes you would like to do?

They did the Helm's Deep Wall section and Helm's Deep.

That is true, but it wasn't a cuusoo project. Lisence themes don't make it on cuusoo. You gotta check their rules for something like this.

That is true, but it wasn't a cuusoo project. Lisence themes don't make it on cuusoo. You gotta check their rules for something like this.

I can imagine that acquiring a new license is quite a bit of trouble for TLC, especially if it's only going to be for a one time set. So i can understand why they caution people against putting projects on Cuusoo which require any kind of (new) license. But since TLC already has a license for Star Wars products, i see no reason why this project should be flagged down.

This is a great idea. I do think it should get more votes. Do you have any other scenes you would like to do?

Thank you! Well, it started off incredibly fast (when people saw it on the front page because it was a "new project")... but now it's slowed down because no one really searches for "combineable battlepacks". So I need help spreading the word on this!

Yes, I'm thinking of a few other scenes right now. Do you have any suggestions?

In response to everyone as far as licence agreement, there isn't anything wrong with LEGO making combine-able battlepacks because of a previously claimed licence. Besides, if CUUSOO didn't think that this was a viable project in the first place, because of LEGO guidelines/rules, then they wouldn't have passed it in the first place, considering the now slightly "stricter" CUUSOO.

Ooh, nice. Combinable battlepacks is something that needs to happen, I think. Helm's Deep and the Uruk-hai Army add-on is proof that battlepacks can be part of a larger structure. :classic:

This idea is great since it can be expanded infinitely, but maybe there should be an alternate side for those who want to army-build Stormtroopers (i.e. so on one side of the door is the Rebels' side, and one side of the door is the Imperials').

More variations of this idea would be nice. Perhaps some kind of Clone/Battle Droid setup would work, though I can't quite think of any interiors that'd be suitable for.

More variations of this idea would be nice. Perhaps some kind of Clone/Battle Droid setup would work, though I can't quite think of any interiors that'd be suitable for.

Thank you!

Yes, right now I'm trying to think mainly of a place where clones/droids are present, but none have immediately come to mind. I'm still stewing on it, because I want to make sure I pick the best scene.

Actually, a better (and probably simpler) suggestion to replace my previous one... a Death Star hallway would also work as an alternative for Stormtrooper army-builders.

It'd make more sense than adding onto the other set display-wise.

You already did a classic hallway from the OT with rebels and stormtroopers, so when you asked for suggestions for more variations, i immediately thought that it would have to be something PT with clones and battledroids.

Choosing a recognizable scene that can be done modular is harder though. Episode I has some nice Theed Palace scenes that might work, but there were no clones in that movie. Most scenes that feature both clones and battledroids take place on open terrain. I did come up with a possibility though:

What about two Geonosian Arena themed battlepacks? Both would feature a part of the arena wall and floor, one would have 3 clones and a Jedi, and the other would have 3 battledroids and a Geonosian.

Hello,

I like the idea. Some thoughts for adding new pieces/scenes include

- adding corners so you can make intersections (for the scene where Threepio and R2D2 dash across the corridor admist gunfire)

- escape pod exit bay template

- possibly some room so Leia can record a holographic message, if it's not same as the escape pod bay

You could think about extending the concept to the Death Star, which I'd argue uses very similar themes and include

- prison corridors

- that room where Han and Chewbacca fight the officers ("is everything allright?" "yes, yes, we're all fine. How are you?")

- cells

- tonnes of others, including caverns for swinging across, corridors for the fight between Vadar and Obiwan, &c.

cheers

John

We should keep in mind that battlepacks combined with a scenery will certainly drive up the price of what once would be $10 sets, or something in the range. And if these sets would be a replacement of the older battlepacks, it would wipe the most affordable Star Wars sets of the market, as we haven't seen anything smaller than the current battlepacks the last years. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad idea, but it has its flaws I think. I would rather see the battlepacks, and larger combineable sets including more than four minifigures.

Battle Packs right now usually have 4 minifigures and small scenic piece which totals about 85 pieces for $12.99. The wall sections alone look fairly small so I don't see them being significantly more than that, if at all. At most they might be $14.99-19.99, anymore and they could just cut down the size of the corridor to make the price lower.

Personally I love the idea. I really liked how Lego did it with the Uruk-Hai Army set and hope to see the idea carried on with other sets/themes. For instance I would love them to make a Moria Orcs battle pack that includes a small bridge, stairs, or wall to add to the Mines of Moria set. To see this idea incorporated with Star Wars is just great.